St Mirren v Celtic

Hendo

Wasn't that before more positive tests were announced this morning?
Just checked current rules are min 13 players 1 of which must be a keeper and of those 13 there must be 8 aged 18 or older. As of now we must meet the minimum requirements or the game would have been postponed.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Just now, bigjerseybuddie said:

The game goes ahead in a building which has a confirmed covid outbreak putting more people at risk. Somebody in the league set must really hate us. Would Renfrewshire council have the power to shut the stadium down to control the spread of infection ?

The spfl shouldn’t have the power to decide this. It isn’t a football matter, it’s a public health issue.

It's not the building that has covid, it's certain players.

Let's not over-egg this, public health issue, stretching it. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Just checked current rules are min 13 players 1 of which must be a keeper and of those 13 there must be 8 aged 18 or older. As of now we must meet the minimum requirements or the game would have been postponed.

Might be a few positives or track and traces overnight then.:whistle

If the game goes ahead it will be the biggest farce in Scottish football ever.

Just imagine the scenes if the blue bigot game is postponed after the green bigots pump us by about a dozen.:lol:

From the tweet earlier the suggestion is club are awaiting PCRResults tomorrow. That will determine availability and whether game goes ahead. Should be cancelled and an immediate winter break. I come out of self isolation tonight after catching COVID in the safest possible place you can be, according to the government- a school. This present strain is too easy to catch, it is not less easy to catch it in the stadium on Wednesday rather than Boxing Day. I had been contemplating going to a match in recent weeks, but this experience has confirmed to me that it just isn’t worth it. A second season of using a season ticket to watch from home. Maybe next season 😕😕

Might be a few positives or track and traces overnight then.:whistle
If the game goes ahead it will be the biggest farce in Scottish football ever.
Just imagine the scenes if the blue bigot game is postponed after the green bigots pump us by about a dozen.[emoji38]

I suspect it will pan out as you predict. There will be "devepments" in the morning. It would be classic SPFL to go for the late call off with fans having set off travelling needlessly. That said the thought of a few mutants experiencing a late call off having crossed the Irish sea doesn't overly disappoint me [emoji57]

4 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Pedantic to say the least. It’s a building where people will be gathering. People are the public the last time I looked 

I understand that but the people who will be gathering will be tested to the hilt, therefore, hardly a public health issue.

Also, I doubt the local council have the power to stop the game. 

1 hour ago, woiiftm said:

Win the coin toss, pass backwards from centre, everyone runs back and makes a circle around the player with the ball and lock arms.

The player with the ball keeps possession for entire 1st half.

2nd half, win ball back from centre and repeat.......simple, settle for 0-0 draw

Would be better entertainment than what we are used to.

Win the coin toss, pass backwards from centre, everyone runs back and makes a circle around the player with the ball and lock arms.
2nd half, win ball back from centre and repeat.......simple, settle for 0-0 draw
Could they not "walk the circle" into the Celtic net?

1 hour ago, woiiftm said:

A cunning plan

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

So presumably the rules in England must be different as there’s no way those teams wouldn’t have had sufficient players to field a team. 
Suspect they apply common sense and sporting integrity, while we apply money grabbing greedy bollocks. 

So presumably the rules in England must be different as there’s no way those teams wouldn’t have had sufficient players to field a team. 
Suspect they apply common sense and sporting integrity, while we apply money grabbing greedy bollocks. 
Of course they are, these were the rules the SPFL clubs agreed to before a ball was kicked.

Surely to goodness common sense has to be applied? I’m unsure if Celtic’s request (offer) is immediate as in suspend right away or if they are at it (want to play an extremely weakened Saints) then suspend meaning they are not penalised as such by not having their fans in for the Derby.

I suspect the former……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely to goodness common sense has to be applied? I’m unsure if Celtic’s request (offer) is immediate as in suspend right away or if they are at it (want to play an extremely weakened Saints) then suspend meaning they are not penalised as such by not having their fans in for the Derby.

I suspect the former……

Surprised you even need to put an alternative out there !

Anyway have the latest test results come back yet, floodlights failed, sprinklers been left on all night etc etc ?

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

I suspect the former……

If only common sense was common. I intend to go tonight but would happily see the match cancelled and an early start to an extended winter break.  3 of our 6 season ticket holders won’t be there…..two of these directly related to Covid and one due to the game having been rescheduled.

I’m not going tonight either, partly due to Covid (despite the whole family having it recently), just don’t think it’s fair that some games gat canned (hibs) and some don’t.

Previous poster had suggested forfeiting- not the worst idea??

Forfeit the game and you lose ticket money, hospitality, catering etc. Play the game and give the young boys a chance to play a weakened Celtic team.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Forfeit the game and you lose ticket money, hospitality, catering etc. Play the game and give the young boys a chance to play a weakened Celtic team.

How "weak" are Celtic? 

Have they lost players since Sunday? 

PS The bookies don't see them as being weak......................... 22/1 :lol:

image.thumb.png.f50e72b8f0f883ffcda9f2bdcaeb365a.png

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

How "weak" are Celtic? 

Have they lost players since Sunday? 

PS The bookies don't see them as being weak......................... 22/1 :lol:

image.thumb.png.f50e72b8f0f883ffcda9f2bdcaeb365a.png

With the size (First team squad of 32) and cost of their squad of internationalists they will still be favourites and will win. However on Sunday they had 3 youngsters on the bench due to their extensive injury list and they lost Turnbull and Johnson and seemingly want to rest Furuhashi. If we have youngsters who have to play against them, this could be the best time to play Celtic as  they could hope for as their squad can be substantially stronger..

Edited by Sonny

In classic donkeyesque tinpot SPFL style the game will be postponed at 5.30 or something mental like that.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

We should be looking to play both Celtic and Rangers with a much weakened team, the way we've been playing we'd be taking nothing from these games anyway with a full fit squad..  

Let's get anyone that's able rested and fresh for the next 2 games against Dundee United and Motherwell it's a no brainer