St Mirren v Celtic

Hendo

Excellent from all the players and proved Goodwin was right to go and spy on Celtic  :rolleyes:

Goodwin wee boy is likely no talking to him now mind you  :lol:

I thought some of the Celtic players were excellent, and if we ever need new ball boys we know where to go   :rolleyes:

Likely get applauded onto the pitch on sat now  :shockaroony

And finally, a big applaud for all our fans that had the guts to go to the game tonight with so many reasons not to   :happyclapper

2 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Got to admire the drive and energy on display tonight which has been missing massively. Big Joe man of the match. Curtis Main can still get to f**k though as would rather have a younger energetic player like lewis jamieson back to assist the frontline. Main manged to hold the ball up 3 times instead of flicking it on in the first half, took a bit of a dive to retain possesion in the second. Would rather see the younger kids with enthusiasm and a bit of drive and skill ahead of worthless journeymen.

Main offers nothing in a forward position or when it comes to helping out his teammates who are bursting their guts to defend. He looks like he doesn't care.

7 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

Main offers nothing in a forward position or when it comes to helping out his teammates who are bursting their guts to defend. He looks like he doesn't care.

I was pining for Big Jon Obika after about five minutes .How could we have got rid of him and replaced him with main?

The latter should have burst the net with the chance that Henderson laid off for him.

Just now, FTOF said:

I was pining for Big Jon Obika after about five minutes .How could we have got rid of him and replaced him with main?

The latter should have burst the net with the chance that Henderson laid off for him.

It is a serious question and the implications of the answer are even more serious 

Jon was a banker for 8-12 goals a season, there really was no sense in that decision 

Main is simply not premiership material and Jon certainly is

Adversity- what a way to galvanise a team. We rode our luck at times, but Lyness immense, Dunne great, Henderson did well, whole team stuck to the task and made life really difficult for Celtic. Great bonus point. Probably too much to ask again at Ibrox, but l salute all those lads out there tonight. Proud… very proud.

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Got to agree Main is not a improvement on big Jon,  But Obika hasn't played since he left us he's been injured 

Watching the game was agony , expecting Celtic to score any time they went up the park, but Saints held out bravely. The young lads showed how it should be done. Great display by the goalie and big Joe among others. Celtic were much the better team but wanted to walk the ball into the goals. Serves them right. , but their fans added to the atmosphere. Ours mostly didn’t bother turning up.

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thank f**k I’m going to the pub for dinner tonight and won’t be able to watch it.

Going to be a cricket score.

I’ll probably get back midway through second half. I’ll have a quick check of the score, but doubt that will be prompting me to switch the TV on. 

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

This surely has to be free money??

97C01C61-E6B6-45DF-992C-35D6B7FADE8C.thumb.jpeg.590f140514bd42d97db165f26af68380.jpeg

Guess who feels like a bit of a silly Billy. 

27 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Jay Henderson gets the plaudits. but I thought young  Dylan Reid had a very disciplined game ,never out of place when required ,for a guy if only 16 it was a first class display of a holding midfielder. 

He can play 6, 8 or 10 but correct his movement off the ball and tracking players tonight was great to see. Would love to see him develop a bit more physically so we can push him up the park a bit. Not keen on defensive midfielders in a typical spl game as should all move as  unit but did well tonight considering.

24 minutes ago, HSS said:

Do you never get fed up making a total dick of yourself?

Are you f**king serious you actually thought we would get a result tonight.i based my prediction on the fact STV said  we had upto 15 first team players out .

Edited by elvis

9 minutes ago, elvis said:

Are you f**king serious you actually thought we would get a result tonight.i based my prediction on the fact STV said  we had upto 15 first team players out .

What do you base every other defeatist prediction on? 

Really glad we went tonight that was a proper gritty, fighting, disciplined display. Everyone put in a proper shift with the back 5 magnificent. Special mention to Jay Henderson who really should be back in the frame. Offers way more than the likes of McAllister. Heard Jim's radio interview and unfortunately it's the same squad for Ibrox plus maybe Alnwick. They will need some serious recovery after that effort but hey let's enjoy that performance tonight. A real tonic given the circumstances and a vital point.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Watching the game was agony , expecting Celtic to score any time they went up the park, but Saints held out bravely. The young lads showed how it should be done. Great display by the goalie and big Joe among others. Celtic were much the better team but wanted to walk the ball into the goals. Serves them right. , but their fans added to the atmosphere. Ours mostly didn’t bother turning up.

Was enjoying your summation till that unnecessary dig at the end! "Mostly didn't bother"

What a cheap shot Mr Superfan! Totally unnecessary and inaccurate.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk