St Mirren v Celtic

Hendo

That feels as good as a win 🥇😎👍

The young lads played their part to the full.  Hope they can recuperate and do it again Sunday 

Goody got the tactics spot on and the team performed exceptionally well.

Dunne , Shaughnessy and Lyness were immense .

im sorry - Main will simply not do .

And finish on a positive …… GET IT RIGHT UP YE DONKEYCASTER 🖕f**king  prick 😡

The defence (all 10 of them) were superbly marshalled by  Captain Joe, Fraser and Dunne. Special mention to Lyness who was outstanding. Young boys stuck to their task well and showed great composure. Tanser's booking was utter unbelievable and there was never 5 mins extra time. However we weathered the storm.

And out of about 12 of us who regularly attend I was the only one there tonight (not blaming anyone) - but it must be the lowest St Mirren support at a home game for a premiership game in the new stadium.

I have never been so delighted at a goalless draw. I really didn't expect it, and we could've nicked it at the end. Magnificent.

A shoutout to seemingly the only other buddy at St. James' Station tonight on his way back to Glasgow. :) If you're reading this, thanks for the chat. I hope you got home safely,

25 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
What was the attendance last night? 

6500ish

No chance

i think we must be counting all our STs as being in attendance 

Edited by HSS

11 minutes ago, HSS said:

No chance

I see the official attendance was given as 6535. However that figure must have included all the season ticket holders who didn't show as I have never seen so many empty seats for a home game against Premiership opposition. I took the following snap of the row I sit in  only a couple of minutes before kick off. All of these seats are usually full of season ticket holder in the West Stand W3 next to the half way line. 7 guys that I peronally know that sit around me never showed and the actual attendance was nowhere near 6,500.

20211222_194308.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I see the official attendance was given as 6535. However that figure must have included all the season ticket holders who didn't show as I have never seen so many empty seats for a home game against Premiership opposition. I took the following snap of the row I sit in  only a couple of minutes before kick off. All of these seats are usually full of season ticket holder in the West Stand W3 next to the half way line. 7 guys that I peronally know that sit around me never showed and the actual attendance was nowhere near 6,500.

20211222_194308.jpg

Behind both goals were probably full giving 3200 ish I would say there were only about 1000 odd Saints present I’ll be generous and say the attendance was more like 4500

Absolutely to be expected.

Covid fears, Covid ravaged team, honking night, sectarian drivel and a humping on the cards.

I was a die hard back in my Paisley days and I reckon I still would be if I lived there, but last night would’ve sorely tested my resolve.

Don’t blame a single person who didn’t bother. 

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Covid fears, Covid ravaged team, honking night, sectarian drivel and a humping on the cards.

I was a die hard back in my Paisley days and I reckon I still would be if I lived there, but last night would’ve sorely tested my resolve.

I met 2 Buds today who are raging with themselves for not going It reminds me of the time we pumped sellic 4-0 in front of very few home fans

to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, 

Great team performance last night and it certainly showed the influence that the experienced players in the team had on the young ones. Maybe just maybe certain players who had to sit it out, who it would seem are automatic first teamers get their fingers out and start performing like they did earlier in season.

Great team performance last night and it certainly showed the influence that the experienced players in the team had on the young ones. Maybe just maybe certain players who had to sit it out, who it would seem are automatic first teamers get their fingers out and start performing like they did earlier in season.
At least a couple probably won't play again anyway in a Saints strip given the window will have been open for a good couple of weeks before we play again and no one that missed out last night is likely to be back for Ibrox bar possibly Alnwick according to Goody.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

At least a couple probably won't play again anyway in a Saints strip given the window will have been open for a good couple of weeks before we play again and no one that missed out last night is likely to be back for Ibrox bar possibly Alnwick according to Goody.

I think it would be right to assume you mean McCarthy, McGrath, Erwin and quite possibly Dennis 

36 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Which would be a boot in the baws for Lyness after last night's performance. 

5 hours ago, HSS said:

I met 2 Buds today who are raging with themselves for not going It reminds me of the time we pumped sellic 4-0 in front of very few home fans

to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, 

I missed that game as well as last night  :lol:

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Add to the fact that it was a horrible evening to be driving yo the game .