This forum

antrin

Calm down, DougJamie!  It's an obscure football forum about a Scottish football club, it's really not important enough to get upset about!

Some people will get along with other people, some won't.  All this talk about certain posters or threads being the problem is way too serious.  No need to put anyone on ignore, just scroll past the folk you find yourself disagreeing with on a regular basis or think are clowns: it's what I do although I admit to quoting certain posters now and then when they're clearing making a fool of themselves.

Despite what some folk think about themselves (I'm naming no names :zipit), no one is the "Forum King".  Everyone makes posts that will be "liked" by some and not by others.  I've never understood this obsession with who has the most "likes" myself but as my Granny used to say "there's nowt as queer as folk".

Chill out and "dinna fash" (another of my Granny's).

Edited by BigYardsAndBasher
"not", not "no".

Out of interest i have been looking at other fan forums,mainly to see thoughts and reactions of their beloved clubs... bit of banter but none of this crap...this thread captures why despite a winning exciting season we have a certain amount of losers.on here.. nothing better to do than be petty and pathetic..biggest one is the prat that started this thread.... antrim or whoever you are...youre a total waste of the cloud... take up gardening ...trust me..you wont need fertilizer .... oh and please put me on ignore as your certainly going on mine ya sad f**ker
I think it shows that we have a forum of free thinkers with vastly differing opinions on most subjects and only truly united on one thing, our love for St Mirren. You learn nothing being in an echo chamber, that's why religions, for example, try to stop their adherents reading specific things as they don't want them questioning.

And he's already a gardener.

7 hours ago, Slarti said:

I think it shows that we have a forum of free thinkers with vastly differing opinions on most subjects and only truly united on one thing, our love for St Mirren. You learn nothing being in an echo chamber, that's why religions, for example, try to stop their adherents reading specific things as they don't want them questioning.

And he's already a gardener.

Are you saying other forums don't have any "free thinkers"?

As posts go, utter drivel IMO. 

Wait a minute, this is a whoosh, ya devil. 😉

Edited by faraway saint

Are you saying other forums don't have any "free thinkers"?
As posts go, utter drivel IMO. 
Wait a minute, this is a whoosh, ya devil. [emoji6]
Away you go and tell folk what the weather's like, this is obviously too complicated for you. [emoji1787]

Nothing, because you, on the whole, don't go near football threads, unless you are off topic. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
I've said numerous times that I don't see the point in arguing over subjective matters and most matchday threads tend to end up there. I will venture in when someone says something objectively wrong (things like when TC tries to use "evidence" to support his opinion). As for "running commentaries" throughout a game, it's really only those sitting at home watching that are the ones who do that.

I've also said numerous times that I'm not interested in football outside of Saints and Scotland, so threads on English or non-league football etc. don't interest me.

Having said all that, what's your point? [emoji16]

45 minutes ago, Slarti said:

I've said numerous times that I don't see the point in arguing over subjective matters and most matchday threads tend to end up there. I will venture in when someone says something objectively wrong (things like when TC tries to use "evidence" to support his opinion). As for "running commentaries" throughout a game, it's really only those sitting at home watching that are the ones who do that.

I've also said numerous times that I'm not interested in football outside of Saints and Scotland, so threads on English or non-league football etc. don't interest me.

Having said all that, what's your point? emoji16.png

The thing is, people on this forum are, first and foremost, St Mirren supporters and, as such, like to comment, not always argue as you put it, on St Mirren games, either before, during or after the game.

You don't fit the bill so it is strange you frequent a St Mirren forum. 🙄

The thing is, people on this forum are, first and foremost, St Mirren supporters and, as such, like to comment, not always argue as you put it, on St Mirren games, either before, during or after the game.
You don't fit the bill so it is strange you frequent a St Mirren forum. [emoji849]

I already stated that folk on here have one thing that connects them, St Mirren.

I never said they "always argue", I said "most matchday threads tend to end up there".

In what way don't I "fit the bill"? Are you saying I'm not a St Mirren supporter or I don't comment on games? I'm definitely the former (both financially and vocally at games) and I've already explained the latter.

Now, having said all that, what's your point? [emoji16]

29 minutes ago, Slarti said:

I already stated that folk on here have one thing that connects them, St Mirren.

I never said they "always argue", I said "most matchday threads tend to end up there".

In what way don't I "fit the bill"? Are you saying I'm not a St Mirren supporter or I don't comment on games? I'm definitely the former (both financially and vocally at games) and I've already explained the latter.

Now, having said all that, what's your point? emoji16.png

And here we go again.... circles. 😴

10 hours ago, Slarti said:

Now, having said all that, what's your point? emoji16.png

Ok, I should, as you love to twist things, had inverted commas around argue, I did't mean "always" argue, I was highlighting your use of the word (argue)when it clearly is far from the truth but it's just another attempt for you to divert away from the main point, which was, well to most people, very clear.

So, to reiterate, St Mirren supporters who use the forum like to comment, not always "argue" as you put it, on St Mirren games, either before, during or after the game.

You do not come close to that, in fact it could be said that you have nothing in common with St Mirren football club, according to your forum history. 

You also brought in, for a reason known only to you, that you are Billy big boots, financially and vocally supporting the club, well done you, many do that every week without bringing it up on the forum. 

Anyhow, I've got football to watch, maybe you should try it, it seems it's something you find difficult to express. 

On 4/18/2023 at 10:55 PM, DougJamie said:

Out of interest i have been looking at other fan forums,mainly to see thoughts and reactions of their beloved clubs... bit of banter but none of this crap...this thread captures why despite a winning exciting season we have a certain amount of losers.on here.. nothing better to do than be petty and pathetic..biggest one is the prat that started this thread.... antrim or whoever you are...youre a total waste of the cloud... take up gardening ...trust me..you wont need fertilizer .... oh and please put me on ignore as your certainly going on mine ya sad f**ker

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, I should, as you love to twist things, had inverted commas around argue, I did't mean "always" argue, I was highlighting your use of the word (argue)when it clearly is far from the truth but it's just another attempt for you to divert away from the main point, which was, well to most people, very clear.

So, to reiterate, St Mirren supporters who use the forum like to comment, not always "argue" as you put it, on St Mirren games, either before, during or after the game.

You do not come close to that, in fact it could be said that you have nothing in common with St Mirren football club, according to your forum history. 

You also brought in, for a reason known only to you, that you are Billy big boots, financially and vocally supporting the club, well done you, many do that every week without bringing it up on the forum. 

Anyhow, I've got football to watch, maybe you should try it, it seems it's something you find difficult to express. 

Wonderful! :lol:

I’ve ignored This Forum for weeks and yet a couple of sad twats choose NOW to wax ineloquently about the problems on this forum and lay the blame on other posters!  

oh wad some pow’r the giftie gie them…

It seems I was more correct than I ever imagined.  :)

5 hours ago, antrin said:

Wonderful! :lol:

I’ve ignored This Forum for weeks and yet a couple of sad twats choose NOW to wax ineloquently about the problems on this forum and lay the blame on other posters!  

oh wad some pow’r the giftie gie them…

It seems I was more correct than I ever imagined.  :)

Oh, I see what you mean, you have ignored THIS THREAD, my apologies. :1eye

Hard to tell what you meant with your normal irregular use of capital letters. :lol:

You don't fit the bill so it is strange you frequent a St Mirren forum. [emoji849]

You've done it again. I said "most" not "all", so your use of "always" seems like it's trying to make it look like I said something I didn't.

You are the one who said that people on here are St Mirren supporters and, in the same sentence, said that they like to comment on games. Your next sentence said that I don't fit the bill and it's a surprise that I'm on a St Mirren forum. As this was unclear whether you meant I wasn't a St Mirren supporter or I didn't comment (or both), I replied accordingly. It was therefore YOU who introduced the "supporter" bit, not me, I only clarified the reasons why I AM a supporter (and not just a fan, there's a difference) and wasn't taking any "Billy big boots" stance. There are lots of people who do a lot more than me to support the club and team.

Hope you enjoyed watching your football but, as I have said numerous times on here, I tend to not watch games not involving (or immediately directly affecting) St Mirren or Scotland, so I didn't watch it.

I have absolutely no idea what your "difficult to express" comment means as it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the sentence.

21 minutes ago, Slarti said:

You've done it again. I said "most" not "all", so your use of "always" seems like it's trying to make it look like I said something I didn't.

You are the one who said that people on here are St Mirren supporters and, in the same sentence, said that they like to comment on games. Your next sentence said that I don't fit the bill and it's a surprise that I'm on a St Mirren forum. As this was unclear whether you meant I wasn't a St Mirren supporter or I didn't comment (or both), I replied accordingly. It was therefore YOU who introduced the "supporter" bit, not me, I only clarified the reasons why I AM a supporter (and not just a fan, there's a difference) and wasn't taking any "Billy big boots" stance. There are lots of people who do a lot more than me to support the club and team.

Hope you enjoyed watching your football but, as I have said numerous times on here, I tend to not watch games not involving (or immediately directly affecting) St Mirren or Scotland, so I didn't watch it.

I have absolutely no idea what your "difficult to express" comment means as it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the sentence.

And here we are yet again.

You'd gie an aspirin a sore heid.

On 4/18/2023 at 10:55 PM, DougJamie said:

oh and please put me on ignore as your certainly going on mine ya sad f**ker

Looks like DougJamie doesn’t understand how to follow through with his promises.  Sad f**ker.  :)

Also  - I’m still wondering if fartaway has finally understood that when I referred above to This Forum, in a thread called “This Forum”, then I was specifically talking about This Forum.

ps “your” should have been “you’re”.  Sad f**ker!   :)