St Mirren v Ross County, Wed 1st Dec

faraway saint

County still bottom of the league but will be no pushovers. They're coming into a bit of form. They beat Hibs last week and then drew with Dundee United yesterday.

We'll be without Shaughnessy and McCarthy, and might also be missing Tanser, so we need good replacements in defence.

Looking at the December fixtures, this game is still our best chance of taking full points for the next wee while, so........

COYS!!

I said counting the rangers game we would go six without a win yesterday was the sixth but looking at those fixtures make that at least twelve.think it's a stick on we will be bottom by end of this run unless by some miracle we start scoring goals .

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I said counting the rangers game we would go six without a win yesterday was the sixth but looking at those fixtures make that at least twelve.think it's a stick on we will be bottom by end of this run unless by some miracle we start scoring goals .

Good to see you are a happy chappy today,so happy for you that we got beat

2 hours ago, elvis said:

In fairness though Elvis, at the start of the season you would predict we’ll go 38 games without a win 🤣🤣

I said a wee while back that our team is more suited to play away and would likely pick up as many points away from Greenhill road as we would at home, I think we have only won one league game at home all season when we got very lucky against Aberdeen.  that's not top 6 form, more like relegation form.

The problem, we are far too predictable and easy to play against, There's no pace or width in this team on either wing,  I would be playing Flynn wide right that would give the team a better balance, he's our best option in that role. 

I thought Brophy was a good signing for us and was the type of striker we needed one who didn't always need chances laid on a plate for him, The truth is he's been a big disappointment so far, he seems to have one thought on his mind 100% of the time Shoot no matter the angle distance or where your team mates are....  You need to mix it up a bit Eamonn It's a team game 

3 hours ago, HSS said:

Good to see you are a happy chappy today,so happy for you that we got beat

In all honesty I don't think we deserved it thought  we played really well For large parts think Hearts can consider themselves lucky they have Craig Gordon or in my opinion we would have got something from that game.

3 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

I said a wee while back that our team is more suited to play away and would likely pick up as many points away from Greenhill road as we would at home, I think we have only won one league game at home all season when we got very lucky against Aberdeen.  that's not top 6 form, more like relegation form.

The problem, we are far too predictable and easy to play against, There's no pace or width in this team on either wing,  I would be playing Flynn wide right that would give the team a better balance, he's our best option in that role. 

I thought Brophy was a good signing for us and was the type of striker we needed one who didn't always need chances laid on a plate for him, The truth is he's been a big disappointment so far, he seems to have one thought on his mind 100% of the time Shoot no matter the angle distance or where your team mates are....  You need to mix it up a bit Eamonn It's a team game 

Killie fans did warn us that is what Brophy does. 

Our 4 strikers also must be the worst we have ever had for headers inside the box, few and far apart. 

We just don't look a threat at dead balls, and very rarely see anything different at corners and free kicks.

Lowest crowd for many years for this game.

Now have talked myself out of going  :lol:

14 hours ago, pondsman said:

County still bottom of the league but will be no pushovers. They're coming into a bit of form. They beat Hibs last week and then drew with Dundee United yesterday.

We'll be without Shaughnessy and McCarthy, and might also be missing Tanser, so we need good replacements in defence.

Looking at the December fixtures, this game is still our best chance of taking full points for the next wee while, so........

COYS!!

The game at Dingwall was no walk in the park. Their defending was poor but they score goals. Still…..COYS

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

Our 4 strikers also must be the worst we have ever had for headers inside the box, few and far apart. 

We just don't look a threat at dead balls, and very rarely see anything different at corners and free kicks.

That they did 

2 hours ago, fmckinn said:

with the players missing for this game. I wonder if JG will continue with a back 3 and if so who plays where, missing Mccarthy, Big Joe, potentially Tanser.

I'd start with Dennis and Brophy upfront. This is a game we really could do with maximum points from.

On 11/28/2021 at 3:59 PM, Tommy said:

And long may it continue.

We've spent years bemoaning the fact that our strikers don't get enough attempts on goal.

When we finally get one, we still complain!

A striker that plays like striker. Who would have thought it?

What he does need is some support to help him out up front.

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We've spent years bemoaning the fact that our strikers don't get enough attempts on goal.

It was only a wee while ago plenty were shouting for Brophy, unrealistically IMO, for Scotland.

It's just the usual, someone's got to be a scapegoat.

PS He's no Harry Kane but, in the bigger picture only 2 league goals behind the league's top scorer, and in a team that's lost it's way in the last 3/4 games.

image.thumb.png.a69c68b0e0e52715d9784113d0fd0a38.png

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

But he doesn't get many shots on targets from distance, that is the problem. 

No point is shooting for the sake of shooting if you have a team mate in a better position. 

14 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's our defence that's a bigger problem, very poor "goals against" record, joint 3rd worst in the league.

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It was only a wee while ago plenty were shouting for Brophy, unrealistically IMO, for Scotland.

PS He's no Harry Kane but, in the bigger picture only 2 league goals behind the league's top scorer, and in a team that's lost it's way in the last 3/4 games.

Good chart since it shows he also had the lowest goal conversion and shot accuracy.

I actually like him, but his wild shooting is doing him and the club no good. 

21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Good chart since it shows he also had the lowest goal conversion and shot accuracy.

I actually like him, but his wild shooting is doing him and the club no good. 

And he's playing in a team below all the other top scorers, bar big spending Aberdeen.

IF he maintained his current rate he'd be on about 12/13 goals, not too bad for a diddy team. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Looking up :rolleyes:  I don't see the new Dennis Law on that list...  The new Scotland hot shot you were raving about not so long ago.... 🤡  Kevin Nisbet  

Can remember someone saying he wasn't any good and Hibs should have took the 3 million when they had the chance from Birmingham City.  and he'd be lucky to get a game in the Championship down south never mind the Premier League 

Who was it again..... OH that's right it was me  :whistle

Birmingham City they know a striker when they see one,  500K and a 4 year contract for prolific hitman Nicolai Brock Madsen 

They must be using the same Striker Scout as us...  Is that you by any chance :lol: 

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

Looking up :rolleyes:  I don't see the new Dennis Law on that list...  The new Scotland hot shot you were raving about not so long ago.... 🤡  Kevin Nisbet  

Can remember someone saying he wasn't any good and Hibs should have took the 3 million when they had the chance from Birmingham City.  and he'd be lucky to get a game in the Championship down south never mind the Premier League 

Who was it again..... OH that's right it was me  :whistle

Birmingham City they know a striker when they see one,  500K and a 4 year contract for prolific hitman Nicolai Brock Madsen 

They must be using the same Striker Scout as us...  Is that you by any chance :lol: 

Aye bucketgub, you say, and bet on, a lot of things. :lol:

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

And he's playing in a team below all the other top scorers, bar big spending Aberdeen.

IF he maintained his current rate he'd be on about 12/13 goals, not too bad for a diddy team. 

I can only see him getting those numbers if he takes over our pens kicks duties if McGrath leaves in Jan. 

11 league goals in 1 season is the best he ever done.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many he gets, it how many the team scored that is more important.