Aberdeen v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 4/12/21

shull

19 minutes ago, magnus said:

And we have no midfield because we favour pumping the ball to two bang average wing backs and we can't score.

We have two of the most creative midfielders in the league in McGrath and Ronan, but we keep bypassing them by either punting long balls to our midget strikers , or sending it wide.  Goodwin, WTF????

3 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

We have two of the most creative midfielders in the league in McGrath and Ronan, but we keep bypassing them by either punting long balls to our midget strikers , or sending it wide.  Goodwin, WTF????

It's completely baffling. We haven't played good football using this system.  Time for a change in tactics and play to the players strengths.

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

Big few weeks ahead , with the club in turmoil both on and off the park. 

Agreed, December was always looking like a month that could decide what we're battling for after New Year.

Got to be honest and say I'm already back to the bad old days looking for teams below us to keep losing, that's worrying. 

3 minutes ago, billyg said:

Big few weeks ahead , with the club in turmoil both on and off the park. 

Don't know anything about off the park other than the Club communications being pish.  On the park it's now clearly a relegation battle season. It's a tougher league and we are a poorer side. Too many players uncomfortable in the system and confidence draining by the week. Jim has a job on his hands stopping the rot. The post match interviews are becoming repeats. Today was awful.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Agreed, December was always looking like a month that could decide what we're battling for after New Year.

Got to be honest and say I'm already back to the bad old days looking for teams below us to keep losing, that's worrying. 

Same and have been for weeks. Can't believe we having to look at Dundee results.

17 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Aye. I think we have some very good players but the tactics are killing us.

Long or high balls into the box isn't working and that's what we do 90% of the time. Having the wing backs playing so wide and far up the park takes them mostly out of the game and does not support the lone striker. And all the wing backs do is blindly fire in crosses to no-one. I would go for a 3-4-3 formation and keep the ball on the deck. But it won't happen.

Just now, Maboza said:

I don’t think our personnel on the park at that bad but we have seemed imbalanced all season and Goodwin has never had us comfortable going forward, even last season when folk were getting carried away. 

I also thought plenty were getting carried away.

Rather that us just losing out on the top 6 I thought we were exactly where we deserved to be just outside the top 6 teams. 

I did hope we would build on that this season and, as I've mentioned, before the Dundee game we were reasonable, since then, god knows what's happened as it's just not the results it's the poor performances that are more of a concern. 

Let's face it we're St Mirren, we go through a run of games like this every season in the top flight,

Goodwin's biggest downfall this season is his failure to replace Durmas and Connolly, a major part of any success we had last term came through them, replacing them with 2 natural wing/full backs has been a massive downgrade on last season..

Surely this has got to be addressed in the transfer window, if not I fear the worst..

4 hours ago, abersgonnygetye said:

A result like this isn't nearly as big a kick in the nuts if we're picking up 3 points against Ross County, Livi etc....

It is when it’s a bang average Aberdeen team that’s been garbage most of the season yet put 4 past us.

10 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

Let's face it we're St Mirren, we go through a run of games like this every season in the top flight,

Goodwin's biggest downfall this season is his failure to replace Durmas and Connolly, a major part of any success we had last term came through them, replacing them with 2 natural wing/full backs has been a massive downgrade on last season..

Surely this has got to be addressed in the transfer window, if not I fear the worst..

This

Well, eventually watched 'highlights' after having to drive yesterday and not watching it as Mrs CS drove. Best laid plans and all that crap.

The goals conceded imo we are playing a formation/system where the 3 centre backs don't know who is picking up who, the wing backs don't know if the centre backs are closing down or not. IT DOESN'TWORK JIM!!!!!!!!

Willie Miller was singing St Mirrens praises on Open All Mics yesterday He said we played our part in an excellent game which wasn’t over until the 4th goal went in He also said we have nothing to worry about with performances like that 

Did we play ok or are the rumours about Willies drinking true? 🥺