Ayr United v St. Mirren , 22nd or 23rd Jan 2022

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

This weeks funniest post, coming from you who thrives on any negative shite trying to tell someone else off who was watching the game and you take Chicks, dim as a brick, word.

Couldnae make it up. :lol:

I'm not sure. My wife tells me I've become a torn faced shite. Elvis might be right.

4 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

I was impressed with what I saw of Grieve today - he has a directness about his game - not one to hide, demanding the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed.

The one bright spot in the second half.

Did more in the twenty minutes on the park than Dennis did previously.

He actually looks like he knows what a striker is supposed to do.

A promising start.

1 hour ago, saintargyll said:

saints v kelty hearts next round

exciting HOME tie

Looking forward to it. Only seen them play once in any form. I watched their second team play our reserves just as Jack Ross took over in Paisley. The game was in Kelly. Tidy little ground. Glad we are at HOME!

As much as us old farts love the  old grounds, the stand at Somerset is worst than the terracing and really need to be bined.

God forbid if anybody ever has a dose of the shits while at this ground  :lol:

As for the game, walk in the park for most of the game.

30 minutes ago, Tommy said:

As much as us old farts love the  old grounds, the stand at Somerset is worst than the terracing and really need to be bined.

Great to stand at the football but with toilets that would not be good enough in a pub with a 100 capacity and a food stall that you would need to wait 40/45 minutes to get shit food from it shows how football fans are treated, Would not be allowed to happen in any other 'entertainment' industry.

Also wee fannies in balaclava's in the St Mirren support wtf is that all about? Embarrasment to themselves and the club. Fuds!!!!

On 1/16/2022 at 8:50 AM, faraway saint said:

Taking into account what @Ronnie said I'd imagine there will be plenty of space to find a clear viewing area for you and your boy.

The cup game when Dargo scored both goals was the last time I was at this shithole and it was busy that day, there was still small pockets of space to see the game clearly.

Make sure you and your boy don't need the toilet, the facilities were 3rd world class. :wink:

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

7 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Great to stand at the football but with toilets that would not be good enough in a pub with a 100 capacity and a food stall that you would need to wait 40/45 minutes to get shit food from it shows how football fans are treated, Would not be allowed to happen in any other 'entertainment' industry.

Also wee fannies in balaclava's in the St Mirren support wtf is that all about? Embarrasment to themselves and the club. Fuds!!!!

I mentioned early on in this thread about the shithole, but some people got all sentimental, that soon disappears when you get into this dump. :lol:

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I mentioned early on in this thread about the shithole, but some people got all sentimental, that soon disappears when you get into this dump. :lol:

Not for me. I loved it. Didnae mind queuing for my pie as I was n well before kick off and didnae need a pish at the game. 
Smashing old ground and was like a wee nostalgic trip back in time. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not for me. I loved it. Didnae mind queuing for my pie as I was n well before kick off and didnae need a pish at the game. 
Smashing old ground and was like a wee nostalgic trip back in time. 

Nothing wrong with an old ground IF the club slowly, and surely, update/improve existing facilities.

According to my mate, who also lives in Ayr, this tip has had little to no improvements over the years.

As for nostalgia, not my thing. 

Aye you called it spot on FS, I was advised to go round the other side of the entrance (back of goal was to my right where the young team were in) and it was great, we were flush with 18 yard line, think my boy struggled a bit to see first half when we were attacking down our left, however superb views of us attacking second half - all in all was a good day.

Was glad I was not behind goal as there were smoke bombs let off and the smoke was pretty thick. Speaking of thick right at the start of the game a partially lit object got thrown and landed next to Jak - whoever threw that needs their head looked at!!

Anyway onto Dundee next week - and a seat to sit on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

The toilets in the stand is as bad as the 1 in the ground  :lol:

As for knee room, there wasn't any until i moved to the front row that gave an excellent view of the pitch. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Nothing wrong with an old ground IF the club slowly, and surely, update/improve existing facilities.

According to my mate, who also lives in Ayr, this tip has had little to no improvements over the years.

As for nostalgia, not my thing. 

Agree , Nostalgia just isn’t what it used to be . 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

The toilets in the stand is as bad as the 1 in the ground  :lol:

As for knee room, there wasn't any until i moved to the front row that gave an excellent view of the pitch. 

We sneaked thru the wee fence to use the stand toilet More like a cupboard with a urinal attached Still better than waiting in queue for terracing toilet