New Fibble "professionalism" costs our club yet again

animal

Ah f**k it , I’ll play along [emoji43]‍[emoji94]

I think the kibble should invest in a brand new 25000 seat stadium for Saints , we can build it on the land we already own at Glasgow airport  just outside the Terminal building , we’d only lose a couple of thousand car park spaces.
I’m sure some Saints minded planning officer could arrange a compulsory purchase order for the Holiday Inn which will be turned into the new changing rooms .
These kind of deals are commonplace . 
You're not taking this seriously, are you? [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

Bottom line is the dome is done ,needs replaced ,needs funding. 

Need to be a can do club,forwarding looking club.we proved if we get our heads together we can get things done (ie buy the club) 

Starting point is an outline design for larger permanent  structure,this would only cost around  £5k ,something  Smisa members could approve.

Then you look at funding.

Need to be a can do club,forwarding looking club.we proved if we get our heads together we can get things done (ie buy the club) 

Starting point is an outline design for larger permanent  structure,this would only cost around  £5k ,something  Smisa members could approve.

FFS, I'm struggling to get a garage for that amount and you want something big enough for a football pitch. [emoji1787]

53 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Including Ralston, St Mirren have access to around 3.5 football parks worth of playing surface (plus the dome). Why do we need another one at the ground exactly? 

35 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Revenue stream, a well designed and versatile facility would allow for much needed additional finances.

Agree , a properly maintained & managed facility would be a very decent revenue stream .  

Unfortunately the finances needed to get a permanent building might be very difficult to bring together and if we are looking for it to pay for itself, the numbers wouldn’t stack up, would like to see the dome replaced with like for like or possibly one of the Semi- Rigid type . 

Despite what W34 says, A Full size facility simply won’t fit and quite frankly I can’t see who would use such a thing enough for it to pay for itself.
 If it’s ( a full size facility ) only going to be partly used , I.e games across the pitch , what’s the point ?  And if it’s to be used only for the team and occasional Ad-hoc games - it’s money we don’t have and if we did have we could put to far better use elsewhere .

if I recall correctly ,wasn’t the Astro surface at Ralston replaced fairly recently ? Why would we need 2 🤷‍♂️

This stuff has all came up multiple times before. It isn't nearly a given that these ideas would be profitable in that part of Paisley with very limited footfall & other competing options around the town that have various levels of success. I mean, apart from St Mirren fans attending (which would probably be novelty), is there big demand for a bar/ restaurant in the Ferguslie park area of the town next to a football stadium?

The amount of money it would cost to set-up is a pretty big risk. 

Edited by bazil85

From the outside looking in, it does seem that the club may be in a fortunate position where it can make a decision on what might generate extra revenue obviously with the right planning permission. 

Unlike down here we have a totally ridiculous situation where the county council lease both stadiums in workington being derwent park for rugby league and borough park for football. Both of which are now into single figure lease and no sight of renewal so both clubs cannot apply for any funding. About 5 years ago a new stadium for workington was approved with 4G pitch for both teams to use, subsequent regeneration in workington started THEN council leaders changed and shelved plans and along with it most of the outside investment stopped.

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Agree , a properly maintained & managed facility would be a very decent revenue stream .  

Unfortunately the finances needed to get a permanent building might be very difficult to bring together and if we are looking for it to pay for itself, the numbers wouldn’t stack up, would like to see the dome replaced with like for like or possibly one of the Semi- Rigid type . 

Despite what W34 says, A Full size facility simply won’t fit and quite frankly I can’t see who would use such a thing enough for it to pay for itself.
 If it’s ( a full size facility ) only going to be partly used , I.e games across the pitch , what’s the point ?  And if it’s to be used only for the team and occasional Ad-hoc games - it’s money we don’t have and if we did have we could put to far better use elsewhere .

if I recall correctly ,wasn’t the Astro surface at Ralston replaced fairly recently ? Why would we need 2 🤷‍♂️

We were talking about a facility  that could be used by the community not just St Mirren it's the only way it could be financed

You are paying more than £5k for an outline drawing of a garage ( ie a sketch)?? How big is it!
See what happens when you're on a break and don't read something properly. [emoji1787]

I can't give you a cost on that, as I never did just outline drawings. Only detailed and general arrangements. Says the former Mechanical and Production Engineering Draughtsman. [emoji23]

Ahhhh the days sitting in a nice warm office with civilised colleagues not getting up at 4.30am to work with............. nope 4 days to Xmas I'm not going to get upset because waldorf34 has shown me up, the bassa. [emoji24]

Is there any possibility of replacing the dome with a proper building and sports facility?

I don't see why we don't aim for something like we had in the Caledonia stand at Love St. Spend a few hundred grand on it and get proper gym and sports facilities that can be used by the community 7 days a week.

If it takes a few years to save for it then so be it. These stop-gap initiatives like the dome are just half measures and money down the drain IMO. 

16 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Is there any possibility of replacing the dome with a proper building and sports facility?

I don't see why we don't aim for something like we had in the Caledonia stand at Love St. Spend a few hundred grand on it and get proper gym and sports facilities that can be used by the community 7 days a week.

If it takes a few years to save for it then so be it. These stop-gap initiatives like the dome are just half measures and money down the drain IMO. 

See what can be done with positive  thinking ,Pace has just got another £800k for their theatre project in Paisley