Rangers v St. Mirren, Boxing Day 2021

W6er

We may have a much tougher time on Sunday than against the green mob, wouldn't like Lyness to suffer a possibly demoralising defeat, although having said that if he saves the inevitable brace of undeserved penalties then he'll be in proper legend territory, guess that's why Jim gets the big bucks.

24 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

We may have a much tougher time on Sunday than against the green mob, wouldn't like Lyness to suffer a possibly demoralising defeat, although having said that if he saves the inevitable brace of undeserved penalties then he'll be in proper legend territory, guess that's why Jim gets the big bucks.

I would say that's a certainty. 

Might be an idea to play both goalies. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Alternatively, rather than fannying about with that shite get IPTV and watch as much sport as you can want for under £1 a week. 

:wink:

I'm subscribed to more than enough broadcasting pish.

Anyway it takes two minutes to get in to either of the above for mostly uninterrupted coverage.

So I'm told.:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Last time I went to Ibrox was when King Kenny McDowell slammed in a 90th min winner... our only shot on goal.... so yes Jim...park the bus and several large tankers... then dislocate McGregors shoulder and Main gets a tap in....that must be worth 250-1 FAS 😄

I hope you got a new watch for Christmas.

The mad monk scored in the 29th minute. Fergie ended up in goals. Mo Johnston’s debut. 

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1989&GameID=198908120

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

That hasn't happened in the last two years.

So I'm told. :wink:

If you read through the match day treads I think you'll find it has, along with trawling through umpteen annoying adverts, unless you're actually after a new wife who hails from Taiwan etc while I watch in full VHD. :P

Anyhow, back to today's game, while I didn't see us getting a draw against Celtic I did have us losing without scoring a goal, today that's where my cash is heading.

Not exactly a dramatic prediction, Rangers haven't lost a goal in the league in the last 5 games, while scoring 9.

As it's our last game for a wee while I'd like to see us having a go, irrespective of what team we can muster, give them a fright, especially as they will have next to no fans in attendance. 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If you read through the match day treads I think you'll find it has, along with trawling through umpteen annoying adverts, unless you're actually after a new wife who hails from Taiwan etc while I watch in full VHD. :P

Anyhow, back to today's game, while I didn't see us getting a draw against Celtic I did have us losing without scoring a goal, today that's where my cash is heading.

Not exactly a dramatic prediction, Rangers haven't lost a goal in the league in the last 5 games, while scoring 9.

As it's our last game for a wee while I'd like to see us having a go, irrespective of what team we can muster, give them a fright, especially as they will have next to no fans in attendance. 

I'd play with a game plan similar to the Celtic match, but hopefully a bit further up the pitch. Defending on our 18yrd line at Ibrox will only result in one outcome. 

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not to me it hasn't.:P

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

I'd play with a game plan similar to the Celtic match, but hopefully a bit further up the pitch. Defending on our 18yrd line at Ibrox will only result in one outcome. 

The blue bigots are currently a far better team than the green bigots, in every area of the team.

We rarely bothered the green bigot defence on Wednesday, as we were pinned back by their relentless pressing game. Today will be a similar experience.

The blue bigot forwards and midfielders score goals, and I suspect that they won't be as profligate in front of goal as the other arse cheek was on Wednesday. El Fatty seems to have developed an annoying habit of scoring against us. Sadly, I don't see today being any different. Failing all that, recent histroy suggests that they'll be awarded a dodgy penalty, if they're struggling to score.

If we persist with 3-5-2, then we'll get hammered down the wings as teams continually get into the space left by Tanser/Millar being too far up the park. As I said elsewhere, defending is not the strong point of either of the aforementioned players.

What we certainly do need to improve upon is ball retention. We gave away the ball far too often, usually with misplaced passes, rather than ball wining tackles from the opposition. If we can do this, then it would take a bit of pressure off the defence.

Main putting in a performance that actually resembles something akin to that of a football player today, would help greatly.

Our back three will very much be a back five , we will have one forward , and will will create a few chances , but we are hugely dependent on our keeper having a great game . I would persevere with Dean Lynass with a view of seeing if he,s got it in him to be a first team regular. Much as I would like Jak to remain with us next season , he will no doubt have several offers coming  his way . So no harm on working in plan B 

Edited by MenstrieSaint

10 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I hope you got a new watch for Christmas.

The mad monk scored in the 29th minute. Fergie ended up in goals. Mo Johnston’s debut. 

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1989&GameID=198908120

Actually i did..  would go get my mind checked as well but ward is closed due to COVID 😄

1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

Very much a Blue Christmas todayl

Coming across very much Elvis

7-0 to the Blue Meanies with El Fatso with 4 goals to rub it in

Any more than 3 would be a result

Very much a Blue Christmas today

Coming across very much Elvis

7-0 to the Blue Meanies with El Fatso with 4 goals to rub it in

Any more than 3 would be a result

Less I meant