Rangers v St. Mirren, Boxing Day 2021

W6er

Just now, saint in exile said:

Well, could have been worse. Now we've got almost a month to sort out some of the obvious problems we have.

Aye… just look at today’s mid table battle, 1 league down - Hamilton 2 : Kilmarnock (with 10 men) 3.

Possibly more fun than a trip to Castle Greyskull?

Got out of jail with 2-0 there. Some good defending and goalkeeping but our passing and lack of creativity was shocking.

Sevco gave the ball away a few times in the second half in some really promising areas and we had numbers up, but we couldn’t even muster an effort at goal. 

Limping into the break, although Covid has crippled us. For all McGrath’s ability it’s definitely time to cash in. Hate to say it, but I think Flynn has run his course; brilliant player for us when he had his legs but injuries and age have caught up with him. Similar feeling to Stephen McGinn’s time with us coming to an end. Be interesting to see how this window pans out but we need to reload and recharge big time.  

7 minutes ago, Delpierro2 said:

.state of the art training facilities and we cannae do the f**kin basics.

Aye, despite a good result and defensive performance against Celtic this was evident, as it was today.

Just need to hope it's down to tired legs, but we'll soon find out when we play Dundee Utd then a big game away to Ayr, lose that and the pressure will really be on Goodwin. 

Edited by faraway saint

18 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Got out of jail with 2-0 there. Some good defending and goalkeeping but our passing and lack of creativity was shocking.

Sevco gave the ball away a few times in the second half in some really promising areas and we had numbers up, but we couldn’t even muster an effort at goal. 

Limping into the break, although Covid has crippled us. For all McGrath’s ability it’s definitely time to cash in. Hate to say it, but I think Flynn has run his course; brilliant player for us when he had his legs but injuries and age have caught up with him. Similar feeling to Stephen McGinn’s time with us coming to an end. Be interesting to see how this window pans out but we need to reload and recharge big time.  

This for me, summed up our season. When we get into promising areas we have no idea what to do, and because we don't know what to do, we have become more and more scared to get forward and support as we know nothing will come of it and the opposition will then launch their own attack.

28 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Makes sense to me

On the positive side, that's two potential thumpings avoided.  Damage limitation was always the primary aim. Was any one of us really looking forward to those two fixtures with optimism ? Given the circumstances, to come away with +1 point and only -2 goal difference is a pretty good outcome.

As posted above, now we need to kick on and start targeting 3 points in every game. 

I wasn't expecting anything out of that game today, so I'm not too disappointed with the result. However, I AM disappointed with our seeming inability to get the basics right, and to keep gifting possession back to the other team. You might expect those kind of errors from the youngsters, but this was close to being our first choice 11. Just not good enough.

26 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

I wasn't expecting anything out of that game today, so I'm not too disappointed with the result. However, I AM disappointed with our seeming inability to get the basics right, and to keep gifting possession back to the other team. You might expect those kind of errors from the youngsters, but this was close to being our first choice 11. Just not good enough.

We can almost stop teams playing football but it comes at a cost of being unable to play any football ourselves. 

Was huge ask today following the effort expended in Wednesday night. We have a point from two games when usually we get nothing. I was proud of the team on Wednesday night and today it was always a hard shift. That said I’d be tempted to see if anyone would pay cash for Ethan aa I’m unsure of what he actually does. Kiltie looks scared and our strikers aren’t getting goals albeit they spend all their time chasing lost causes . Jim pulled a result out of nowhere on Wednesday and deserves time to fix the problem of scoring goals. I hope we can find someone to come in and maybe wheel and deal A little . We don’t look like a team that’s going to be relegated but I’m worried about our goals for column. 

50 minutes ago, HSS said:

A draw and only 2 goals lost in last 2 games I’d have taken that beforehand 🏁🏁🏁

I would have also

But today like everytime we have went to Snake Mountain was dreadful.

Our 2 best players in the squad are the keepers.

We have an engine room who can't pass or keep the ball

Henderson and Reid should be now getting more chances

McGregor was a spectator as he hardly touched the ball

So much deadwood in the squad as no wins in 11 points to