Mcgrath

elvis

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So you start a new thread, FFS! 

If there was some moderation this would be merged, that'll be unlikely to happen. 

A thread specifically for transfer speculation relating to McGrath is probably worthwhile, as there will be a lot of it.

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

If there was some moderation this would be merged, that'll be unlikely to happen. 

I started a new thread because I never saw the other one. You know people do make mistakes I apologise for mine.

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I started a new thread because I never saw the other one. You know people do make mistakes I apologise for mine.

Elvis's thread [ the Omicron variant] has now become the more dominant thread which hopefully in time will make yours [ the wee horrible nasty variant ] obsolete :) 

Is the fact this has come up again is potentially because this is a way that Jim could get Kennedy, who he has wanted for some time? Can Kennedy not play wide, which is something we have really missed this season, width, as the wing backs have to cover a lot of ground and the hoof ball into corner areas means the strikers are the ones dragged out of position?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Is the fact this has come up again is potentially because this is a way that Jim could get Kennedy, who he has wanted for some time? Can Kennedy not play wide, which is something we have really missed this season, width, as the wing backs have to cover a lot of ground and the hoof ball into corner areas means the strikers are the ones dragged out of position?

I think Saints would rather get as much money as possible for him from a club in England and putting wee rumours about is Saints way if letting teams know that he will be going this January . Kennedy to Saints as part of a player swop with a decent cash adjustment might suit both teams , but I'm thinking that Saints are now trying to create an Auction for Jamie . To be honest , I think now is the time to move him on , he's talents are wasted with the way we are set up and the way we play . 

10 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Sure I read Kennedy's out injured long-term !

4 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Kennedy hasn't played a game this season as he's been out with a back injury. Just starting training again. Would be a huge risk to take him on board.

Aberdeen winger Matty Kennedy returns to training to end injury nightmare (pressandjournal.co.uk)

Although he could be this season's Quaner (who retired a couple of weeks ago) or Chabbi.

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Great interview with Wigan new boy Jamie McGrath.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/jamie-mcgrath-thanks-st-mirren-26197824

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

What's notable in that piece is the fact he still thinks himself a part of the club.

"I don’t want to put any pressure on the boys, but the squad we’ve got now is definitely strong enough".

I think this was a good move for both parties. It hopefully gives Jamie the chance to progress and gave JG a nudge to change things up.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Great interview with Wigan new boy Jamie McGrath.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/jamie-mcgrath-thanks-st-mirren-26197824

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I had a wee look at a Wigan Forum and the fans are raving about him

Hope we’ve got a sell on clause in the transfer deal

7 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

What's the score with Jamie and his big move south to that hotbed of football Wigan Athletic,  he's hardly kicked a ball for them  :blink:

Played first game then 70 in next and hasn’t even featured in squad since .  Must be an injury 🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...

Yeah think he will be back up the road in the summer. Hasn't worked out for him at Wigan at all. Was an unused sub against Lincoln then not even on the bench against Burton last night. Has been playing for their u23's in the meantime so i assume he's not injured.