Jason Cummings

3 hours ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Seems to be on the way out at Dens. Is he the type of player we should be looking at? Always thought that with the right guidance he could flourish but he has never reached his full potential. Too much trouble or worth the risk?

Definitely a risk, but surely better than Erwin or Main.

Could Dundee be persuaded to "swap" him for either of the aforementioned players?

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Definitely a risk, but surely better than Erwin or Main.

Could Dundee be persuaded to "swap" him for either of the aforementioned players?

I thought he was on loan to Dundee.

Read somewhere he can go in January if he can find himself a club, so guessing he must be their player. 

Everybody and anybody is better than Erwin and Main sadly  ☹️

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I thought he was on loan to Dundee.

Read somewhere he can go in January if he can find himself a club, so guessing he must be their player. 

Everybody and anybody is better than Erwin and Main sadly  ☹️

Unfortunately we'd need someone to want Main or Erwin. The other option is paying the rest of their contracts without having them in the squad. I don't think that would leave wiggle room to pay the sort of salary Cummings would want.

46 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Unfortunately we'd need someone to want Main or Erwin. The other option is paying the rest of their contracts without having them in the squad. I don't think that would leave wiggle room to pay the sort of salary Cummings would want.

Maybe someone in the championship would take them.

Why would Cummings think he deserved a high wage since he not done much in the last few years at any club ?

41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Maybe someone in the championship would take them.

Why would Cummings think he deserved a high wage since he not done much in the last few years at any club ?

Because he probably has a contracted salary greater than we would reasonably pay. If we don't come close to it he has no incentive to move ATM.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Because he probably has a contracted salary greater than we would reasonably pay. If we don't come close to it he has no incentive to move ATM.

Maybe, but his contract run out in 6 months. 

Surely a longer contract even on lower money would appeal more to him. 

Remember he signed for Dundee while they were in the championship so i am not convinced he would be on silly money. 

I certainly not fused either way about him, just as long as we get somebody new in.

My boy seen Cummings at the Hydro and said he was absolutely MWI

McPake confirmed that on the radio today,he revealed that Cummings was in such a state that he wasn’t fit to train

Don’t need a player like that in our dressing room

4 minutes ago, HSS said:

My boy seen Cummings at the Hydro and said he was absolutely MWI

McPake confirmed that on the radio today,he revealed that Cummings was in such a state that he wasn’t fit to train

Don’t need a player like that in our dressing room

Wonder if it was Charlie Adam would he had said the same thing   🤔

If the rumours are true he is on a serious wedge. Motherwell fans saying Dundee looking to sign Tony Watt with the money ditching Cummings will free up. Unless he is willing to take a sizeable wage reduction (if the rumours are true) then given his off field track record I'm not sure he is worth the risk. Not your typical Goodwin signing either (que jokes about him scoring etc) but I meant off field wise.

All that said show me a better option in January that "might" be in our price bracket

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk