Goodwin at league cup final

Goodwin spotted at hampden with his young son sporting a Celtic scarf. Of course his son, and indeed himself can support whoever he likes. Should he have been a bit more careful( don’t know how with tv cameras at the game) given the fact we are due to play them on wed. We, and other teams, have had to contend with this since football began. I just wish, somewhat naively, that employees of st mirren( and their weans) should not show open allegiance to other teams. A tongue in cheek view but I do get a bit pissed off when it happens. Thoughts?

Goodwin spotted at hampden with his young son sporting a Celtic scarf. Of course his son, and indeed himself can support whoever he likes. Should he have been a bit more careful( don’t know how with tv cameras at the game) given the fact we are due to play them on wed. We, and other teams, have had to contend with this since football began. I just wish, somewhat naively, that employees of st mirren( and their weans) should not show open allegiance to other teams. A tongue in cheek view but I do get a bit pissed off when it happens. Thoughts?
Ffs.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

You sure it wasn’t a Hibs scarf? 🇳🇬

4 hours ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

As I said, if you read it correctly, it was tongue in cheek. I naively wish it didn’t happen. Wind yer pious necks in.

I found it a bit annoying, too. I rate Jim and I believe he's a good manager who is passionate about the club. From some of the statements he has made I think he's a fair man who will probably be of the opinion that his lad can choose which club he wants to support, and probably thinks, as a dad, that he should take his wean to the football. Having said all of that, it still stings.

Can't say that I am happy about this, not exactly a new thing for a saints manager to be a supporter of another team but for goodness sake keep your dignity and remember you represent St Mirren (strongly suspect the tickets were courtesy of SMFCs allocation for the match).  Wearing the scarf of the team you are about to field a side against is poor form.  

As for judgement, not a great idea to be joining the great unwashed in the middle of a rampant COVID wave.  Maybe this explains the rotten judgement in tactics as well.

It would be silly to suggest that he will have us lie down against Celtic if the game goes ahead, though it is easy to predict the reaction if we get a solid humping on Wednesday

18 hours ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

It would have been enough for him not to wear the scarf.  No problem with his son wearing it as he is a product of his environment and obviously knows no better.  The radio reporter in the build-up mentioned the number of celtic players in the crowd and the cameras would have been scanning pre-match for the same thing

7 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Can't say that I am happy about this, not exactly a new thing for a saints manager to be a supporter of another team but for goodness sake keep your dignity and remember you represent St Mirren (strongly suspect the tickets were courtesy of SMFCs allocation for the match).  Wearing the scarf of the team you are about to field a side against is poor form.  

As for judgement, not a great idea to be joining the great unwashed in the middle of a rampant COVID wave.  Maybe this explains the rotten judgement in tactics as well.

It would be silly to suggest that he will have us lie down against Celtic if the game goes ahead, though it is easy to predict the reaction if we get a solid humping on Wednesday

Genuine Question , was he wearing a Celtic scarf ?  Most people seem to be saying it was his son wearing the scarf . 

It could be argued that all he was doing was to watch the next team that we are in action against, 3 days before we play them.

All mangers go and watch other teams all the time.

As for wearing a Celtic scarf, i just don't believe he would do that.

As I recall, Jim Goodwin has stated that he supported Liverpool as a boy. Should he have been at the game? Yes? Can his son support whoever he wants and wear their colours? Yes. I hope the lad had a good day and that Jim learned a few things that might help contain what is turning out to be a very good Celtic side. COYS