Take a Bow Dame Maureen Lipman

Callum Gilhooley

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Having a pop at the “cancel culture” hitting many comedy performers and routines .

Here’s an idea for the snowflakes - if you don’t like it , don’t watch or buy a ticket .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59703257

A bit of hypocrisy from old Mo though, given she has spent the last 10 years "calling out" anti semitism in places that it didn't exist.

19 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Having a pop at the “cancel culture” hitting many comedy performers and routines .

Here’s an idea for the snowflakes - if you don’t like it , don’t watch or buy a ticket .

Agree 100%, there's no doubt the "snowflakes", and we have plenty on here, are instilling the fear factor into society. 

On 12/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, Hendo said:

A bit of hypocrisy from old Mo though, given she has spent the last 10 years "calling out" anti semitism in places that it didn't exist.

I don’t know about that , not totally up to date on her views from the last 10 years but a quick Google shows a story that her and other Jewish actors have quit Equity this year because of Equity  urging members to attend a Pro Palestine rally at which Israeli flags were burnt and anti Semitic speeches were the norm.  

A wee bit different to cancelling performers and gigs because of the content of their comedy act. 

13 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I don’t know about that , not totally up to date on her views from the last 10 years but a quick Google shows a story that her and other Jewish actors have quit Equity this year because of Equity  urging members to attend a Pro Palestine rally at which Israeli flags were burnt and anti Semitic speeches were the norm.  

A wee bit different to cancelling performers and gigs because of the content of their comedy act. 

I am sure if there was a march at which Israeli flags were burned, this would have been all over the news.

What I did find was that she has refused to work with actors such as Maxine Peake and Myriam Margolyes, who have both spoken out against the behaviour of the Israeli state, so she effectively tried to "cancel" them.

Like I say, pure hypocrisy.

13 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I am sure if there was a march at which Israeli flags were burned, this would have been all over the news.

What I did find was that she has refused to work with actors such as Maxine Peake and Myriam Margolyes, who have both spoken out against the behaviour of the Israeli state, so she effectively tried to "cancel" them.

Like I say, pure hypocrisy.

would you like me to find the videos also ?    

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/israeli-flags-burnt-palestine-protests-20706925

On 12/22/2021 at 1:22 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Culture wars

16 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Not quite sure why that led to her quitting Equity, unless their leader was the one burning the flags.

Because the leader of Equity was urging their members to join the rally . Seems simple enough to me.

I wouldn’t want to be part of an organisation who were actively encouraging their members to participate in something which had at its heart hatred of something which was close to my heart . 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Because the leader of Equity was urging their members to join the rally . Seems simple enough to me.

I wouldn’t want to be part of an organisation who were actively encouraging their members to participate in something which had at its heart hatred of something which was close to my heart . 🤷‍♂️

I have been on many political rallies, occasionally a minority try to ruin things through unacceptable behaviour. This isn't the fault of the organisers or Equity, even if they supported the march. Their comments on this pre march were about standing in solidarity with workers in Palestine AND Israel. "Flag burning at 3 pm" was not mentioned, but old Mo had to use this to try and score political points, as she has also done by refusing to work with actors with different views to her. I'm sure if someone goes on stage and has a go at the Israeli government, she'll be the first wanting them cancelled.

On 12/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, Hendo said:

I don't know who she is, haven't checked Wikipedia, but would imagine she's Jewish. 

The modern UK is a society full of groups advocating for special protection or advantages for their own kind. It's only going to get worse.