Your Favourite St Mirren Player Ever

Forrest

McAvennie was in my opinion the “best” player I’ve seen for Saints in my lifetime.

Favourite player is a MUCH more difficult question to answer. 

Peter Weir, Lex Richardson, Billy Stark, Dougie Somner, Ian Scanlon, Frank McGarvey, Iain Munro, Fitzy and probably others, how do you even begin to separate those players.

My FIRST hero though, was Bobby Torrance. 

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

McAvennie was in my opinion the “best” player I’ve seen for Saints in my lifetime.

Peter Weir, Lex Richardson, Billy Stark, Dougie Somner, Ian Scanlon, Frank McGarvey, Iain Munro, Fitzy and probably others, how do you even begin to separate those players.

Couldn't agree more, McAvennie is the best saints player I ever seen..

Add Copeland, Abercromby, and Clarke to your list and what a team that would be...

Fitzy, McGarvey and Money were my heroes as a lad...

Someone who hasn't had a mention is Jim Clunie - the classiest centre half in my lifetime of supporting St Mirren.

Possibly closely followed by Willie Telfer in that position.

Bobby Holmes in midfield (or left half for those of my vintage) was the John McGinn of his day and only serious injury sabotaged his international career.

9 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Tough one again.

But the player for me who turned us into winners and a team that wouldn't be pushed around was Sir Lex Richardson 

A player who is always overlooked 

Sellick tried to sign him many times but didn't come up with money

Looking back that's why his performances tailed off his last couple of seasons 

Still raging we gifted him to Dundee where he Improved them no end

12 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agree with all of those. You must have been at Love St. Jan 77. 4-1. Unbelievable. Unbelievable.

This is a near impossible question to answer, especially as this is the end of my 5th and start of my 6th decade supporting Saints, having considered it and for no reason other than I keep coming back to him I would say Abercrombie, there are many better players, more high profile players, more successful players but I just liked Aber.