The Arbroath Football Club

shull

31 minutes ago, W6er said:

Are you taking over from Elvis?!

We should be okay, but if one of the two bottom sides puts together a wee run then we're in trouble unless our form improves. 

Elvis goes over the top with it but anyone being realistic would have to agree we have been rank recently. I fear we could !ose every match from now until the end of the season. Hope I am wrong.

Surely we (SMFC) won’t finish up playing Arbroath in the Play Offs or in the Top League. Great little ground that it is, like Ayr’s Somerset Park, good for the occasional away day. How must Falkirk feel when they were refused promotion because Brockville wasn’t compliant ?!?

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Looking more and more like a two horse race.

Arbroath still only lost 4 games all season.

Too many draws but they could have been losses so it is what it is, sitting 2nd with only 6 games to play. 

image.thumb.png.7f5e4186fa6f209e1c2a35928c06d870.png

Standing watching the game yesterday it did look like a decent crowd, just seen it was 1,700, pretty good, Ayr did bring a decent wee crowd but the great PR by the club, along with continued success, has certainly gripped the town.

SIX more games to go, every one a "cup final".

Really don't want to be involved in the play off's, I've said for years, they are unfair to the Championship teams with so many massive games squeezed into a short space of time. 

Anyhow, hospitality next week, 6 of us got a table, hope the weather is decent, dry at worst. 

Just received a message from a director of Arbroath asking for our details for next weeks hospitality.
Names, the occasion, birthday etc.
Quality. :thumbs2
You're going to tell them it's your birthday and anniversary aren't you? The things you'll do for a bottle of prosecco.

Just now, Slarti said:
27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Just received a message from a director of Arbroath asking for our details for next weeks hospitality.
Names, the occasion, birthday etc.
Quality. :thumbs2

You're going to tell them it's your birthday and anniversary aren't you? The things you'll do for a bottle of prosecco.

As good as they are, I think you've overestimated what they dish out. :lol:

1 minute ago, Slarti said:
3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
As good as they are, I think you've overestimated what they dish out. emoji38.png

No doubt you'll give it a try though. You can take the boy out of Paisley ...

No need to try, it was my sons birthday on the 12th of this month, that's it, but, I must admit, when I was there last November I was "SURPRISED" how many people had a recent birthday. :lol:

6 minutes ago, guinness said:

Arbroath now  need to concentrate on preparing for play offs.

The team might add something to the top league in terms of novelty interest and the fish and chips might be good on the east coast but the ground. No way. Surprise package this season but in play offs would the beat either St Johnstone or Dundee? I think not.

Ach, looking back, yesterday was disappointing, scored in the first minute, had some decent chances, Raith had next to nothing then the Arbroath goalie had a brainstorm, hesitated, and it was 1-1.

Bad enough losing a goal but to gift them it like that was a real kick in the guts.

Second half, pushing on but Raith, on the counter, scored two good goals, and it was all looking like I was witnessing the end of the dream then..................

More through guts and determination Arbroath hammered the Raith goal, got 2 goals and still about 15-20 mins to go, could they really win, well, no but it was a thriller.

As I mentioned the Raith support were excellent, the Arbroath support were down then up and the general feeling at the end was disappointed but not out of it.

After the game Dick Campbell was honest as usual, "goalies, what a bunch, it's not rocket science but these things happen, just wish it wasn't to us" :lol:

Chances are the title is out of Arbroath's grasp, slight hope is that Kilmarnock still have to play Inverness, who have picked up but it's a hard task.

13 draws this season for Arbroath, tells it's own story.

5 games to go, second last game away to Kilmarnock, what a season. :happyclapper

A nice wee bedtime story. A fairy story that might even come true and this team finishes up spending a year in the top league. Unlikely but possible. Only ever seen them on TV, never the best way to judge. They seem organised, hard working and resilient with a decent set of journeyman pros. The ground though makes Ayr’s Somerset Park look like the San Siri by comparison. Unfit for the top league and visiting supports that would bring in much the same way as Brockville was found not to meet modern standards.