The Arbroath Football Club

shull

They did, actually played quite well after going a goal down.
So, the ball, or title, is back in Arbroaths hands.
First things first, win tomorrow against QoS then it's the game of the season, in the Championship, next Friday down at Kilmarnock.
Please win tomorrow. [emoji120]

And Killie will be saying that it's in their hands. It's a funny old game.

Arbroath need to win all 3 to guarantee the title, Killie just need to win next week.

I don't think there would have been many at the start if the season who would have had this game pencilled in as a potential title decider head-to-head.

8 hours ago, Slarti said:

And Killie will be saying that it's in their hands. It's a funny old game.

Arbroath need to win all 3 to guarantee the title, Killie just need to win next week.

I don't think there would have been many at the start if the season who would have had this game pencilled in as a potential title decider head-to-head.

It is, and also in Arbroath's, that's entirely possible but thanks for clarifying. :wacko:

Isn't there a "stating the obvious" thread? :rolleyes:

Aye, I doubt even Arbroath supporters would have seen this coming.

I've mentioned many times the club have maximised the situation, showing what can be done IF things on the park are going well. 

Without the success on the park there would have been little/no improvement in attendances, commercial growth and the increase in the clubs profile. 

This often get's overlooked when people are bleating about St Mirrens situation. 

It is, and also in Arbroath's, that's entirely possible but thanks for clarifying. :wacko:
Isn't there a "stating the obvious" thread? :rolleyes:
Aye, I doubt even Arbroath supporters would have seen this coming.
I've mentioned many times the club have maximised the situation, showing what can be done IF things on the park are going well. 
Without the success on the park there would have been little/no improvement in attendances, commercial growth and the increase in the clubs profile. 
This often get's overlooked when people are bleating about St Mirrens situation. 

That's one of the reasons I don't bleat about St Mirren's situation. The other reason being that it attracts horny Aberdonians. [emoji207]

Pity I'm down at Scone today, would have popped in, I just hope the manager allays any nerves, going to be a big day.

Arbroath vs Queen of the South - Match Preview
Cinch Scottish Championship - Game 34 - Season 2021/2022
Saturday 16th April 2022, Gayfield Park, Arbroath, 3.00pm kick off.
Arbroath welcome Willie Gibson’s Queen of the South to Gayfield today for a huge match of importance for both sides.
Queen of the South are battling for Championship survival with Arbroath having the chance to close in on Kilmarnock with the two sides meeting next Friday.
Kilmarnock will be hoping their on-loan striker at Queen of the South, Innes Cameron will score the goals tomorrow to help his parent club.
Despite their Championship position we know full well that from our previous encounters this season and over the past few seasons we know that Willie Gibson will have his Queen of the South side fired up for the game.
The past two games have shown there has been very little to separate the sides with a goalless draw at Palmerston in February, with Michael McKenna cancelling out Cameron’s opening goal at Gayfield back in November, whilst 10 men Arbroath won at Palmerston in September.
Dick Campbell has hinted in the press that he will keep faith in the side that won at Hamilton last weekend with Jack Hamilton’s goal giving the Lichties a crucial 3 points.
It is hoped that Jason Thomson who missed last week with illness will be back in the squad for this match.
It will be another extremely tough match but we hope you can get right behind the team from the very start. This game could be MASSIVE in our history, so please get down and cheer on the team!
C’mon the Lichties!

Jeezo, listening to the game on the way home it was looking grim, QoS were 0-1 up and it could have been 0-3.

To come back and win 5-1 is s remarkable result & performance.

The dream is still alive, the bubbles not burst and next week will be a nerve jangling affair at Rugby Park. 

It's a pity it's so far away, very tempted but the TV will do me. 

That's next Friday night's viewing sorted. 

Oh, aye, @stlucifer, Partick Thistle. :lol:

image.thumb.png.e6c319c4b8e4fb055cbedc3d41f9ebf4.png

What a night it'll be down in Carnoustie after todays result. 

Looking forward to this evening!
May be an image of 4 people and text that says "dlr dlr'media media LIE Proud sponsors of the GOAL OF THE SEASON! Arbroath FC's 2022 Award Dinner Mal HAMILTON 18 182 Vtnue Avenur 55"

We are pleased to be sponsoring Arbroath Football Club - Official's 2022 Award Dinner this weekend at the Carnoustie Golf Hotel and Spa! 🍽️
We are proud sponsors of the Goal of the Season! ⚽️ 👏

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

IF Arbroath get a victory against Kilmarnock the attendance for the last game, at home to Morton, will be, well, comparatively speaking, record breaking in modern times. 

May be an image of 6 people, people playing sport and outdoors

I’ve got a feeling Arbroath are going to do it Even a point at Killie then a wee helping hand from Raith the following week

Capacity at Gayfield is 6600 according to radio today 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

What a night it'll be down in Carnoustie after todays result. 

Looking forward to this evening!
May be an image of 4 people and text that says "dlr dlr'media media LIE Proud sponsors of the GOAL OF THE SEASON! Arbroath FC's 2022 Award Dinner Mal HAMILTON 18 182 Vtnue Avenur 55"

We are pleased to be sponsoring Arbroath Football Club - Official's 2022 Award Dinner this weekend at the Carnoustie Golf Hotel and Spa! 🍽️
We are proud sponsors of the Goal of the Season! ⚽️ 👏

One small quibble. Should they  not have had in Arbroath?

2 hours ago, HSS said:

I’ve got a feeling Arbroath are going to do it Even a point at Killie then a wee helping hand from Raith the following week

Capacity at Gayfield is 6600 according to radio today 

You can look at it many ways, I prefer that the pressure is ON Kilmarnock, big spending, expectancy and, almost, everyone will see them as favourites. 

I'll need to have a look at the Kilmarnock forums,see what the feeling is. 

You can look at it many ways, I prefer that the pressure is ON Kilmarnock, big spending, expectancy and, almost, everyone will see them as favourites. 

I'll need to have a look at the Kilmarnock forums,see what the feeling is. 

An interesting read. 

The posts before last night are full of bravado/shite.

A slight tempering of this approach after last night's loss. 

As you might expect on a football forum, a fair smattering of blind faith mixed with some fairly sensible posts.

It does make me chuckle, through all the "we're the big boys" patter there's plenty of fear, hope that filters through to the players. 

2 minutes ago, HSS said:

Could they not have held it in your garden room?

I'd imagine getting possibly 3,000 in might have been a problem.

Try Thicky, his garden is bigger than Barshaw park, with perfectly mowed lawns by his gardner. 

IF Arbroath win next Friday I'll have to rearrange my plans for the following Saturday as I was meant to be visiting Paisley.

Too much of an opportunity to witness what could be a historic occasion, with all the publicity it could bring. 

Also I can make arrangements for all my free hospitality next season. :thumbs2

IF Arbroath win next Friday I'll have to rearrange my plans for the following Saturday as I was meant to be visiting Paisley.

Too much of an opportunity to witness what could be a historic occasion, with all the publicity it could bring. 

Also I can make arrangements for all my free hospitality next season. :thumbs2

If it's the weekend of the 30th, you should be in Perth if at any match at all. 🤨