The Arbroath Football Club

shull

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

How the fcuk do you think I would know when it doesn't even know itself. emoji1787.png

PS, think everyone connected with the club will be at the game and not available to open up the hospitality for the game. Did I guess correct?

I couldn't possibly say, it's top secret, also negotiating with a local pub, it's all go up here in Arbroath. 

17 hours ago, shull said:

Prediction Time

Kilmarnock 1 Arbroath 2

Estimated Attendance  -  11453

Should the Saints finish in the play off place , I would rather play the fishermen. Hoping it doesn’t come to playing either.

Getting better and better, I'd imagine Kilmarnock don't have a sell out, outwith the Old Firm, very often.

What a night in prospect, BBC Scotland viewing figures will go through the roof. 

Kilmarnock have SOLD OUT Rugby Park for their massive Championship title decider with Arbroath on Friday night 😯🏆
It's all set up for an electric atmosphere under the lights in Killie!

On 4/17/2022 at 12:52 AM, faraway saint said:

Thanks for telling me what I should be doing, I always respond to that type of thing. :lol:

As it now turns out, I'm as bad as you. I'll be going to the Killie v Arbroath match and missing the Hibs game as I cannae make it!  :lol: 

I can remember seeing a picture of Campbell in a saint fanzine.

Sure it was during the 1999-2000 season when he was manager of the Pars. 

Underneath the picture was his name  

dick    

:rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Tommy said:

dick    

:rolleyes:

A Dunfermline man in the Leishman mould. Varied history. His moment in the sun perhaps? More characters like him in the game along with Yogi Hughes the better. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Campbell_(footballer,_born_1953)https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Campbell_(footballer,_born_1953)

dick    
                                    default_rolleyes.gif
I gave that very fanzine away just before lockdown, along with some other stuff (59 SC semi programme etc). It was still funny when I saw it again after all those years.

49 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Really looking forward to watching this one and have fingers crossed for an Arbroath win .  

What’s  Arbroaths record like on these shitey plastic pitches ? 

Not sure overall but went down there and won on their last visit. 

The two games at Gayfield were 0-0 and 1-0. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Well , here’s hoping they can repeat the feat 👍

Aye, this is like St Mirren having a chance to win the top league, playing Celtic in the 2nd last game.

Roll on tomorrow night, I'll settle down in front of the TV about 7:30 and try to stop drinking like a maniac, pace myself. :lol:

On 4/20/2022 at 6:01 PM, faraway saint said:

Getting better and better, I'd imagine Kilmarnock don't have a sell out, outwith the Old Firm, very often.

What a night in prospect, BBC Scotland viewing figures will go through the roof. 

Kilmarnock have SOLD OUT Rugby Park for their massive Championship title decider with Arbroath on Friday night 😯🏆
It's all set up for an electric atmosphere under the lights in Killie!

Well done to the Smokies for bringing such a big support down on a Friday night but if Killie have sold out there 3 stands that must be close to 14.000, absolutely unreal numbers, especially when we struggled to sell 6.500 for our play-off against Dun Utd and few years ago.... Superb from both teams..