The Arbroath Football Club

shull

• shull changed the title to The Arbroath Football Club

I was sitting in traffic on the M8 when the soap dodgers team bus stopped right next to me To good an opportunity to miss so I just started laughing in their direction

One of the dodgers players has anger problems 🤬😂

Not sure this is the best idea..............................lose again tonight and Arbroath go into the play off's with two defeats.

I get he's resting players but it's a gamble.

Arbroath vs Greenock Morton - Team News
Just 9 changes this evening as Dick Campbell makes sweeping changes including starts for Gavin Swankie, Sam Ford and Michael Bakare!
May be an image of text that says "ARBROATHR FRIDAY 29TH APRIL 2022 ARBROATH -CALUM ANTELL 12 SCOTT STEWART JASON THOMSON THOMAS O'BRIEN (C) 22- LIAM HENDERSON DAVID GOLD GAVIN SWANKIE SAM FORD 17 MICHAEL BAKARE CRAIG WIGHTON 11- BOBBY LINN SUBSTITUTES COLIN HAMILTON -RICKY LITTLE 6-NICKY LOW -MICHAEL MCKENNA 15-LUKE DONNELLY 18- CHRIS HAMILTON 20 CKHAMILTON 28-JAMES CRAIGEN 31- ROBERT DOUGLAS (GK)"

Not sure this is the best idea..............................lose again tonight and Arbroath go into the play off's with two defeats.
Arbroath vs Greenock Morton - Team News Just 9 changes this evening as Dick Campbell makes sweeping changes including starts for Gavin Swankie, Sam Ford and Michael Bakare! 279342386_5455902811095570_6062307060582806926_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p843x403&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3DNS0clpG3MAX-afqhi&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9AJjJi3XTQHsFjEK0vZjdTVEzcaHS639wUuSnWLYIFkw&oe=627083CE
How many of those left out are near suspension?

Just now, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
Arbroath vs Greenock Morton - Team News Just 9 changes this evening as Dick Campbell makes sweeping changes including starts for Gavin Swankie, Sam Ford and Michael Bakare! 279342386_5455902811095570_6062307060582806926_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p843x403&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3DNS0clpG3MAX-afqhi&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9AJjJi3XTQHsFjEK0vZjdTVEzcaHS639wUuSnWLYIFkw&oe=627083CE

How many of those left out are near suspension?

Don't know and I'm not sure suspensions carry over.

Seems Mr Campbell knows more than me, currently winning 1-0 and have been all over them, according to a mate who's at the game. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't know and I'm not sure suspensions carry over.

Seems Mr Campbell knows more than me, currently winning 1-0 and have been all over them, according to a mate who's at the game. 

Nice to see a Swankie involved for Arbroath.  All they need is a Cargill and the two main names in Arbroath will be represented. Been a few of both have played for Arbroath over the years.

54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Arbroath 3-0 Morton, great result (87 mins gone) and a superb season.

Played 36, Won 17, Drew 14, lost 5. 

Inverness play Thistle in the first play off games, they will trounce them then it's two massive games to get through against the 11th team from the top league.

Bring it on. :happyclapper

Sorry fancy Inverness to qualify. Hope not against us as we do not have a great record against them.

20 minutes ago, billyg said:

Always liked Arbroath , my first away game was at Gayfield  , so I would like to see them promoted as long as we stay clear of the play-offs. 

Great results this season , that’s for sure. Great story for the local people too. Done with part-time players as well. Those are the positives but the stadium is well below standard. Mind you, my last visit was some years ago. Maybe it’s all seated and all covered and takes more than 6,000 people by now.

Over 3,000, this is an astounding attendance. :happyclapper

3121 Attendance!
Tonight’s attendance made us very proud as a Club. 3121 on a Friday night was just outstanding!
Thank you to every single fan who stayed behind for selfies and autographs! You were all so patient and understanding!
Michael McKenna was the last player in the line and signed his last autograph at 10.15pm.
Big shout out to the Greenock Morton support too, we hope you all get home safe.
We look forward to welcoming you back on Friday 13th May
C’mon the Lichties

32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

3121 Attendance!
Tonight’s attendance made us very proud as a Club. 3121 on a Friday night was just outstanding!
Thank you to every single fan who stayed behind for selfies and autographs! You were all so patient and understanding!
Michael McKenna was the last player in the line and signed his last autograph at 10.15pm.
Big shout out to the Greenock Morton support too, we hope you all get home safe.
C’mon the Lichties

Marvellous turn out . 

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

3121 Attendance!
C’mon the Lichties

My daughter & granddaughter were down at the game last night, they were amongst the last to leave around 10:15pm.

They got pictures and autographs from most of the players, memories that will last forever. The number of youngsters in attendance should provide supporters for a long long time. 

What the team, club & manager have achieved this season has been backed up by the support.

The players must be elated by the response of the fans, 

Red Lichties, the Team of the year.

Dick , the Manager of the year.

Arbroath fans , Supporters of the year.

Followed in second and third place by Ross County and Arthurlie.

Arbroath manager Dick Campbell: "Freshened up? That's an understatement - I brought nine players in because I thought about it for two or three nights and thought, what if I play the ones who have been playing every week and they get injured or sent off, and also thought I need to be fair to the rest of the players.

"And they have all sent a clear message to me that they want to be here next season and they are wanting to play - I thought they were excellent. We should have scored more and I am regenerated after being a bit empty after the Kilmarnock game."