The Arbroath Football Club

shull

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

If that were to materialise it would cost, he's on a 2 year deal, and we know St Mirren are not keen on spending money. 

And I think that is precisely why he is on a 2 yr deal, if he proves his worth Arbroath could cash in, I also wouldn't be surprised if there weren't health related break clauses or release clauses under certain circumstances.

23 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

And I think that is precisely why he is on a 2 yr deal, if he proves his worth Arbroath could cash in, I also wouldn't be surprised if there weren't health related break clauses or release clauses under certain circumstances.

What's impressed me is the money they made last season has been invested back into the club.

The frontage has been pulled down and completely rebuilt, floodlights improved and additional areas for guests/hospitality.

Comparatively speaking Scott Allan will be quite a cost so I'm very impressed they are spending money rather than hiding it under the mattress. 

13 hours ago, antrin said:

Like Ericksen leaving Brentford after a successful year to join mighty Man U, we might expect Allan arriving in Paisley in 2023…

That's a good point, Antrin.  It's possible that he gets a run of games, reminds Scottish football what he's capable of and earns himself and Arbroath a fair number of pounds.

Signing a top player seems to be brining in the punters, over 1,400 season tickets, not bad is an understatement.

OVER 1400 SEASON TICKETS SOLD!
What a week at Gayfield and for fans of Arbroath FC!
Our Manager Dick Campbell is still on the hunt for more new players, but with the signing of Scott Allan, the imagination of Arbroath supporters has again dared to dream!
To add to that and before our match against Queen's Park at Gayfield tomorrow we can proudly say we have now sold over 1400 Season Tickets! Yes, you red correctly! Over 1400!!!!

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Scott Allan on the bench, I'm sure he'll get a run out at sometime during the game. 

Granddaughter & daughter at the kids hospitality, already had a great day, hope they see a win. 

Arbroath 1-2 Queens Park, a dreadful result, performance was reasonable according to my mate, but, as we all know, results are what matter.

Not a great run going into the Partick game on Tuesday.

33 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Are the wheels beginning to fall off ?

Last weeks result WAS the first really poor result TBH.

They were minutes from a credible draw at Dundee before the goalie had a howler, and the rest is history.

No doubt questions will be asked until they get a win.

The only bonus is no other team has really set the heather on fire so, at this early stage, they are not far behind. 

A big few days coming up, Thistle in the cup next Tuesday, with a trip to Hamilton tomorrow.

If that all goes Pete Tong, alarm bells will be ringing, no doubt. 

Last weeks result WAS the first really poor result TBH.
They were minutes from a credible draw at Dundee before the goalie had a howler, and the rest is history.
No doubt questions will be asked until they get a win.
The only bonus is no other team has really set the heather on fire so, at this early stage, they are not far behind. 
A big few days coming up, Thistle in the cup next Tuesday, with a trip to Hamilton tomorrow.
If that all goes Pete Tong, alarm bells will be ringing, no doubt. 

Personally, I’d love them to win it this time around and hopefully they can find a wee bit extra to pick up the points

I hope the momentum hasn’t tailed off

The fan’s have been fantastic and backed the club it would be great if the team can produce a repeat of last season ( but get over the line this time )

[emoji4]

On 8/26/2022 at 5:25 PM, Scott-Leeds said:

Personally, I’d love them to win it this time around and hopefully they can find a wee bit extra to pick up the points

I hope the momentum hasn’t tailed off

The fan’s have been fantastic and backed the club it would be great if the team can produce a repeat of last season ( but get over the line this time )

emoji4.png

ANOTHER defeat, albeit a disputed penalty, again last Saturday certainly will increase the pressure on the manager and test the new support.

When the team aren't playing well these things seem to go against you in sport. 

Tomorrow nights game against Partick is massive, a loss, and Partick have started well, and the talk of relegation will surface, even this early in the season.

image.thumb.png.2c09697b9bbe33c922ea60b46d84c384.png

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

ANOTHER defeat, albeit a disputed penalty, again last Saturday certainly will increase the pressure on the manager and test the new support.

When the team aren't playing well these things seem to go against you in sport. 

Tomorrow nights game against Partick is massive, a loss, and Partick have started well, and the talk of relegation will surface, even this early in the season.

image.thumb.png.2c09697b9bbe33c922ea60b46d84c384.png

The mighty Arbroath crushing the Saints in the League Cup and now romping the Championship.

Maybe Dick should be the new Saints Boss, Robbo must go!!!!!🤪