The Arbroath Football Club

shull

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

Early days in the league. Do they need to worry about promotion? It looks unlikely. Do they need to worry about relegation? Doubtful but one only has to look at St Johnstone’s fall from grace from two seasons ago until the last. It could happen.

You don’t think they need to worry about relegation? I would say they very much have to worry about it ⬇️

35 minutes ago, HSS said:

You don’t think they need to worry about relegation? I would say they very much have to worry about it ⬇️

For the reason that they don’t go from being a good team to a bad one overnight. My point being that I find it hard to see them doing a virtual St J going from high to low so dramatically in one season. Would relegation be financially very bd news for the club, then of course it would. I had no reason to get excited about A last season and no reason to be worried. Being a St Mirren fan  gives me pleasure and worry enough.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Season over

Relegation likely ?

Season over is a tad dramatic. :lol:

Relegation is certainly not impossible as they are really struggling to score goals.

11 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I think they might be ok to stop up. Last season will no doubt have taken its toll but I'm sure  over the course of the season they will be ok but not promotion contenders.

It's in the balance TBH. They are not just losing games they are really not even looking like winning or getting themselves in a position to win.

Scored 5 and conceded 12 is the worst in the league, along with only 5 points from 6 games.

The saving grace is they are only 4 points from 6th so not isolated but with every passing week that could change.

After a very good League Cup start this has been an eye opener. 

I think they might be ok to stop up. Last season will no doubt have taken its toll but I'm sure  over the course of the season they will be ok but not promotion contenders.

Apologies, I meant to ask if their season is over , rather than state it is.

That said, my thoughts are actually with all those new fans hoping to see at least another challenge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...