The Arbroath Football Club

shull

3 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

Well done to the Smokies for bringing such a big support down on a Friday night but if Killie have sold out there 3 stands that must be close to 14.000, absolutely unreal numbers, especially when we struggled to sell 6.500 for our play-off against Dun Utd and few years ago.... Superb from both teams..

Apparently the Rugby Park  was given a safety certificate for a capacity of ~14,500 at the start of the season. Arbroath have sold around 2,000 tickets in a stand that holds 4,500. I'm estimating 11,500-12,000 overall. 10,000 would be a good ground, given that it's live on the BBC, though.

I've mentioned a few times that the excellent work the club have done this season has had an astounding effect on the town, and further afield.

A key approach has been the younger members of the community, and at this point, it's certainly working.

How do you feel when you see the Caird Hospitality Suite filled with hundreds of amazing posters and artwork by the schools and nurseries of Arbroath - PROUD!
Thank you to every young girl and boy who took the time to draw a poster for our players and Management Team. We are going to try and make an album of them all to put on Facebook very soon.
We read each one and have picked out our favourites to pin on the dressing room wall tomorrow!
The future is very bright! THANK YOU ALL!
May be an image of indoor
Edited by faraway saint

12 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

Well done to the Smokies for bringing such a big support down on a Friday night but if Killie have sold out there 3 stands that must be close to 14.000, absolutely unreal numbers, especially when we struggled to sell 6.500 for our play-off against Dun Utd and few years ago.... Superb from both teams..

Population of Kilmarnock around 47000

Population of Paisley around 77000

Must be a hell of a lot more bigots in Paisley than Kilmarnock   ☹️

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

It’s a big game Tommy. Two teams at the top in what is likely to be a title decider. Good to see the “wee team” have such a good following on the day. W6r.  Which part of the ground will you be in. Killie or Arbroath?

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Yeah I know mate, an even more sadder fact is that there's nearly 180.000 (Renfrewshire council) within a 5 mile radius of our stadium.... Sickening...

Strangely there's loads of guys from north/east Ayrshire in my work and I've yet to meet a Killie fan... All bigot lovers.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:14 PM, shull said:

Prediction Time

Kilmarnock 1 Arbroath 2

Estimated Attendance  -  11453

I am guessing the result will be the same. The attendance will probably be a lot higher , maybe 15245.

My wee daughter is going to the Match. Her pal from her football team is from Ayrshire and a Killie fan.

Busy time for her. Playing for her team tomorrow morning then St Mirren Park in the afternoon with her sister.

3 hours ago, shull said:

I am guessing the result will be the same. The attendance will probably be a lot higher , maybe 15245.

My wee daughter is going to the Match. Her pal from her football team is from Ayrshire and a Killie fan.

Busy time for her. Playing for her team tomorrow morning then St Mirren Park in the afternoon with her sister.

A few of my relatives who live in the Irvine / Kilmarnock area are going along. Hope your wee one and her pal have a great night.

52 minutes ago, Rascal said:

A few of my relatives who live in the Irvine / Kilmarnock area are going along. Hope your wee one and her pal have a great night.

Great to see so many local people in both the Kilmarnock area and from Arbroath are making time to go along.

20 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Great to see so many local people in both the Kilmarnock area and from Arbroath are making time to go along.

The three I’m talking about usually follow other clubs but go along to Kilmarnock games from time to time. The “cup tie” nature of this one is bringing out what might be called neutrals and each areas people have chosen their local teams. 10/10 for the Arbroath fans who are making the trip. A genuine have to be there moment for their fans. 

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

Well, I was supposed to be there, but a combination of illness and work meant i didnae make it. 

Still, 'mon the Killie!