How do you stay sane while in isolation at home?

stardustmenkar

I tested positive for COVID today and the news came as a complete shock as I don’t have any symptoms whatsoever. I can taste and smell things just fine and I don’t notice any other differences in my body. I have no fever, no elevated body temperature, I don’t get tired any more than usual etc. So, obviously, I’m going to need to stay in lockdown for at least two straight weeks, and I’m already worried about how my mental health will cope.

Don’t get me wrong: I’m not the type of person to cry wolf without reason, but I know myself well. I’m proactive, outgoing, and I enjoy meeting new people and staying on the move. Remaining sedentary is really not my cup of tea and I’m already getting anxious just thinking about not leaving my flat for the next 14 days.

I would love to get some ideas on how you spend time by yourself. I already know that watching the telly, watching online courses, working and all that are some of the stuff that “experts” recommend. But, I need something truly out of the ordinary that’s “addictive” enough to keep me occupied for two weeks. I’ve been thinking of applying my maths GED to see if I can’t win some cash at https://www.nodeposit.guide/exclusive/ and similar venues. I’ve never been much for it, but necessity is the mother of invention, so I figured why not make my isolation useful. Any other tips? Please help! 

57 minutes ago, stardustmenkar said:

I tested positive for COVID today and the news came as a complete shock as I don’t have any symptoms whatsoever. I can taste and smell things just fine and I don’t notice any other differences in my body. I have no fever, no elevated body temperature, I don’t get tired any more than usual etc. So, obviously, I’m going to need to stay in lockdown for at least two straight weeks, and I’m already worried about how my mental health will cope.

Don’t get me wrong: I’m not the type of person to cry wolf without reason, but I know myself well. I’m proactive, outgoing, and I enjoy meeting new people and staying on the move. Remaining sedentary is really not my cup of tea and I’m already getting anxious just thinking about not leaving my flat for the next 14 days.

I would love to get some ideas on how you spend time by yourself. I already know that watching the telly, watching online courses, working and all that are some of the stuff that “experts” recommend. But, I need something truly out of the ordinary that’s “addictive” enough to keep me occupied for two weeks. I’ve been thinking of applying my maths GED to see if I can’t win some cash at https://www.nodeposit.guide/exclusive/ and similar venues. I’ve never been much for it, but necessity is the mother of invention, so I figured why not make my isolation useful. Any other tips? Please help! 

When this all kicked off, I knew it would be work from home for the duration for me (didn't imagine that would be for at least two years so but that's another story). Not the same as isolation of course but I had the grandest plans to make the house more stimulating. I set-up a home gym in the garge, stuck in a dartboard, got a silly wee floor golf putting game, a TV and Playstation in there as well. I was going to try and start some home brewing as well and work on the garden, vegetable patch & bird feeders, that sort of thing.

But in the end...

51 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

51E57D10-FE9B-42F3-AEE3-9456DD7D4806.jpeg.a2fd9e16ec1f36bcd511b53fa97dfae0.jpeg

Pretty much the way it went. (excluding the jokes 🤣)

Why 14 days?

If not symptomatic and feeling well, a clear LFT test on day 6 and 7 sees you released!

Enjoy your week off!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, stardustmenkar said:

Are you fed up pulling the heid aff it already?

2 hours ago, stardustmenkar said:

It sounds like you already have it sorted, what a marvellous idea! So kind of you to share this website with us, I'm sure we'll all end up rich!!!

PS what is a maths ged?

• 1 month later...

As a person who has been working as a computer for the fourth year by a computer at a distance, I can share my experience how to diversify my day. .

1. Sports at home, these are gymnastics, exercise with fitness rubber, if you have a simulator, then do it on one hour per day. I have an exercise bike, I am at lunch on it one hour and turn on your video on YouTube. So that there were fun.

2. It became for me the discovery, it is cooking food. It distracts me from my work do my homework for money , it can be treated creatively, and experiment in the kitchen. During cooking, I began to listen to audiobooks, it helps to develop your imagination.

3. When do you want to do anything, I collect puzzles. After a 30 minute passion, the desire to do everything immediately appears, just not to collect puzzles.

Good luck to you, I hope to people who are forced to spend time at home, will find a lesson who will be fun and useful for you