Leigh Griffiths

W6er

4 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I would have thought he would be decent for us even 6 months ago but not too sure now , he’s let himself go too much and if he can’t get a game for Dundee then he’s maybe needing to drop down to the Championship.

If we don't get our act together he could be the player we need next season. :wink:

On 1/7/2022 at 7:48 PM, santaponsasaint said:

As I've never gambled in my life he would need to help me. But apart from that I can't think of anything else. I don't need any flares kicking into the crowd.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

He is an enigma. A throwback in some ways to the “talented waster” . Little room for this in the modern professional game. On his game he is undoubtably a great goal scorer. Sadly these days seem to have passed.

I would take him till the end of the season 100%. He's a natural goalscorer and if Jim can get something out of him he will be exactly what we need.

He's obviously got issues. It's a bit of a mental dressing room at Dundee with people like McGowan, Adam and Cummings. Maybe wasn't the best place for him to settle down and focus. 

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Even if a deal was in place to sign him it won’t happen now, loads of fans getting in touch with the club now regarding this, I will be amazed if it goes through.

How many is "loads"? 

As far as I'm concerned it would be more to do with his fitness levels. IF JG could get it through Griffith's head he's no longer a daft teenager and this is his last chance at a career in professional, top flight football, maybe, just maybe, we could end up with a sellable asset. Long shot though.

There is no doubt Griffiths has a long catalogue of doing grossly stupid things which would not appear to fit in with Goodwin's 'good character' philosophy. However some remarks currently being made about him are wrong. Dundee obviously think he is fit enough although the last time I saw him on tv he looked overweight. However if Goodwin thinks he is fit; can tame him; get the best from him; and his contract is such that any breach on good behaviour he is shown the door then I would support a short-term signing.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

There is no doubt Griffiths has a long catalogue of doing grossly stupid things which would not appear to fit in with Goodwin's 'good character' philosophy. However some remarks currently being made about him are wrong. Dundee obviously think he is fit enough although the last time I saw him on tv he looked overweight. However if Goodwin thinks he is fit; can tame him; get the best from him; and his contract is such that any breach on good behaviour he is shown the door then I would support a short-term signing.

More than a few caveats there Sonny but to my mind makes sense.