Leigh Griffiths

W6er

6 minutes ago, Slarti said:
14 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
Is its park worse than its bite. emoji1787.png

His name's actually Brody, not Brodie, but I couldn't resist.

What type of dog? Just lost my border collie in November. Heartbreaking, doubt I will get another. It is the Leigh Griffiths thread but could be better used.

If we can’t stay in the prem without griffiths, then let’s get relegated.

I don’t understand why others think he can benefit our family club.

Who we are matters more than a few goals.

Even if he would ever score them.

Dundee dont Want him, celic dont want him, so how come we think he can do a job for us?.

Wake up,FFS!

Jim needs to think wider

22 minutes ago, Hagleybuddies said:

If we can’t stay in the prem without griffiths, then let’s get relegated.

I don’t understand why others think he can benefit our family club.

Who we are matters more than a few goals.

Even if he would ever score them.

Dundee dont Want him, celic dont want him, so how come we think he can do a job for us?.

Wake up,FFS!

Jim needs to think wider

I can see your points, could well be another Archibald or Galloway.

I did see someone had posted the likes of Sam Baldock being without club, he signed for Oxford recently but to be fair I don't think we could compete with their wages. There must be others without clubs that we could offer a contract to end of season that have been released in last window in which their fitness wouldn't take much to get up to speed considering JG doesn't appear to rate Main or Erwin anymore.

5 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I can see your points, could well be another Archibald or Galloway.

I did see someone had posted the likes of Sam Baldock being without club, he signed for Oxford recently but to be fair I don't think we could compete with their wages. There must be others without clubs that we could offer a contract to end of season that have been released in last window in which their fitness wouldn't take much to get up to speed considering JG doesn't appear to rate Main or Erwin anymore.

I’m sorry , I really don’t get that one . Are you comparing a La Liga winner & SFA hall of fame inductee with Leigh Griffith?  

Genuine question, simply not sure why Archibald was brought into the discussion. 

13 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’m sorry , I really don’t get that one . Are you comparing a La Liga winner & SFA hall of fame inductee with Leigh Griffith?  

Genuine question, simply not sure why Archibald was brought into the discussion. 

Creamed a fortune off us without setting the place on fire. Just a point that griffiths could be the same by seeing an easy pay day. Not good for us at all.

Promised so much.
Proven scorer with great history.
Waste of a wage.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Time to put this to bed over whether he'll improve us or not. He's not signing and the deal has been off since Friday. Everything was agreed by both parties and set to happen and we pulled the plug very late on in the process due to concerns over the backlash.

We were looking to move onto other targets but whether the way Greive acquitted himself at Easter Road yesterday changes that priority, I don't know. Whoever does come in, it won't be Griffiths.

57 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Time to put this to bed over whether he'll improve us or not. He's not signing and the deal has been off since Friday. Everything was agreed by both parties and set to happen and we pulled the plug very late on in the process due to concerns over the backlash.

We were looking to move onto other targets but whether the way Greive acquitted himself at Easter Road yesterday changes that priority, I don't know. Whoever does come in, it won't be Griffiths.

I said on P & B that there was no chance of us signing him.

It looks like it got was a bit further than I thought, but given the similarities with the situation that has just unfolded with Raith, it would have been a huge mistake to take Griffiths on board.

It looks like the board have stepped in and made the correct decision.

I'm a wee bit concerned that Goodwin was considering signing Griffiths, given that he's grossly overweight for a professional football player and has largely been shite for the past couple of years.

Let's hope our next target is of a better standard, although as DJ says, Greive had a very good game yesterday and showed he can cope with premiership defences.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah time to move on with this. Grieve showed enough yesterday that given the game time he is going to develop into a really good player. 

He makes the runs into positions none of our other strikers make. I would rarher develop his talent than waste a wage on a journeyman going through the motions. 

I reckon next season we will have a real player on our hands in Grieve. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I said on P & B that there was no chance of us signing him.

It looks like it got was a bit further than I thought, but given the similarities with the situation that has just unfolded with Raith, it would have been a huge mistake to take Griffiths on board.

It looks like the board have stepped in and made the correct decision.

I'm a wee bit concerned that Goodwin was considering signing Griffiths, given that he's grossly overweight for a professional football player and has largely been shite for the past couple of years.

Let's hope our next target is of a better standard, although as DJ says, Greive had a very good game yesterday and showed he can cope with premiership defences.

Firstly,I would not have been against us signing Griffiths til the end of the season. In footballing terms, four months wouldn't have been a big risk.

However, I don't really see the similarities to what is happening at Raith. At Starks park, we are talking about them signing a RAPIST(as adjudged by a Civil court). In what way does Griffiths compare to that? 

Do you honestly believe we would make the UK national news headlines? Have directors resigning? Have sponsorship withdrawn? Fans boycotting? I honestly believe this is nothing more than a noisy minority trying to make a drama off the back of the incident in Kirkcaldy.

Griffiths is an immature rogue, no doubt. He is a 'love to hate' type of character. But we have had plenty of them through the years. Looks like he won't be coming, but if we signed him, he would have my full support while wearing the black and white.

21 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Firstly,I would not have been against us signing Griffiths til the end of the season. In footballing terms, four months wouldn't have been a big risk.

However, I don't really see the similarities to what is happening at Raith. At Starks park, we are talking about them signing a RAPIST(as adjudged by a Civil court). In what way does Griffiths compare to that? 

Do you honestly believe we would make the UK national news headlines? Have directors resigning? Have sponsorship withdrawn? Fans boycotting? I honestly believe this is nothing more than a noisy minority trying to make a drama off the back of the incident in Kirkcaldy.

Griffiths is an immature rogue, no doubt. He is a 'love to hate' type of character. But we have had plenty of them through the years. Looks like he won't be coming, but if we signed him, he would have my full support while wearing the black and white.

Really?

Of course there are fundamental differences in the way both parties have behaved, but , rightly or wrongly, the overall public perception is that Griffiths and Goodwille's behaviours are linked, albeit very tenuously IMO.

When the strength of public feeling against males who exploit females is so high, why invite potential public criticism regarding our club when we don't need to? 

Anyway, my main objections relate to his lack of fitness, his recent shiteness and his costliness.

There is a lot of misinformation being spouted about Griffiths and comparing him to Goodwillie is ludicrous. Unless there are more incidents about him I am unaware of other than messaging a girl who posted a photo of herself in her underwear first then got a response that ended when he discovered she was 15, has been made into something it isn't. Yes the guy is a plonker of the highest order but you cannot compare him to a rapist.

• 1 year later...