John Sutton - Hall of Fame

shull

Are we doing this now to beat Motherwell to it ?    😉

Just a thought , I wonder if there have been many players who have been inducted into the hall of fame with two or more clubs ?

I’d say Sutton merits the ‘Well honour as much if not more than he does with us but nevertheless, well done John. 👍

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Just a thought , I wonder if there have been many players who have been inducted into the hall of fame with two or more clubs ?

I’d say Sutton merits the ‘Well honour as much if not more than he does with us but nevertheless, well done John. 👍

did he ever win anything with Motherwell? at least with us he won a Div 1 and Challenge Cup double. Plus won our hearts in the Great Escape victory at Fir Park.

16 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Doug Somner I believe , for one !

13 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

did he ever win anything with Motherwell? at least with us he won a Div 1 and Challenge Cup double. Plus won our hearts in the Great Escape victory at Fir Park.

Don’t think you need to have won things to get in the Hall of Fame.  
JS played more times for ‘Well , scored more Goals for them & was their Top scorer for 4 out of 5 seasons

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Don’t think you need to have won things to get in the Hall of Fame.  
JS played more times for ‘Well , scored more Goals for them & was their Top scorer for 4 out of 5 seasons

Fair point. However the only winners medals and trophies he won as a player for a club came with us. 

On 1/11/2022 at 9:25 AM, SuperSaints1877 said:

He also played a big rolein saving us from relegation to League 1 under JR and then a role in winning the title the next year(I believe) I think he deserves this and fair play to him

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2022 at 12:13 PM, Sonny said:

Who decides the HoF nominations? Iain Munro and Billy Thomson are far more deserving than Sutton.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Billy Thomson being inducted along with Peter Godfrey and Sutton at the dinner in May.

Delighted for Basil.

My kind of legend.

Never the most graceful or talented... but a huge heart and never ever shirked a challenge. 100% every time.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Great bowler as well. Seen him at the National Finals at Northfield a few times.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk