AGM being held via Zoom

doakie

No reason why the isolating director couldn’t Zoom into the physical AGM in that situation - no to difficult to put him up on a screen.
And what about any shareholders that are isolating? Or qualified first aiders (whose attendance would probably be required) who are isolating? Etc, etc, etc. (That's my Yul Brynner impersonation)

33 minutes ago, Slarti said:
49 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:
So are you suggesting it should be Zoom every year - there will always be someone off sick

Nope, not at all. There won't be a legal requirement every year to isolate if you are sick or possibly just been in contact with someone who is sick.

Grudgingly agree with you - probably further complicated by some of the other rules such as limited numbers and changing guidance.

The cynic in me still feels its quite convenient to have a Zoom meeting which is always more easy to ‘control’ than a physical meeting.

1 hour ago, glenburn ed said:

We need less secrecy from who ever the SMISA  representatives are.

Agreed!

Today I pal said to me that Smisa have become almost a secret society. For example, when did they last have a public meeting to which Smisa members could attend?  (The two "emergency" meetings in the summer don't count because those meetings were driven by concerned fans and not by Smisa themselves.) They still haven't officially announced the AGM, nor have the club. They chose instead to send e-mails to shareholders, the implication being that the AGM is of no concern to non-shareholders. I beg to differ. 

On the subject of "who ever the SMISA  representatives are": I have repeatedly asked various Smisa board members to identify themselves and make themselves known, my view being that the vast majority of fans have no idea who the individual board members are. I wrote to Smisa suggesting that perhaps they attach a photo of each board member to any communication issued thus enabling ordinary fans to be aware of who their Smisa representatives are. They claim to have a responsibility to be open and transparent, after all.

I received the following reply: "Our pictures, profiles and email addresses are all on the SMISA website"

In other words, the fans have to trawl through the internet to try identify who each board member is, instead of those individuals making themselves easily identifiable. My goodness, if you want to be on the Smisa board then don't be afraid to make it known to your fellow fans who you are. Be proud of being a Smisa board member and be visible

Now there's a Zoom AGM coming up? Why the need for anonymity and secrecy? It's no wonder that many fans - and they are numerous - are completely disillusioned with the current Smisa board. 

41 minutes ago, doakie said:

Agreed!

Today I pal said to me that Smisa have become almost a secret society. For example, when did they last have a public meeting to which Smisa members could attend?  (The two "emergency" meetings in the summer don't count because those meetings were driven by concerned fans and not by Smisa themselves.) They still haven't officially announced the AGM, nor have the club. They chose instead to send e-mails to shareholders, the implication being that the AGM is of no concern to non-shareholders. I beg to differ. 

On the subject of "who ever the SMISA  representatives are": I have repeatedly asked various Smisa board members to identify themselves and make themselves known, my view being that the vast majority of fans have no idea who the individual board members are. I wrote to Smisa suggesting that perhaps they attach a photo of each board member to any communication issued thus enabling ordinary fans to be aware of who their Smisa representatives are. They claim to have a responsibility to be open and transparent, after all.

I received the following reply: "Our pictures, profiles and email addresses are all on the SMISA website"

In other words, the fans have to trawl through the internet to try identify who each board member is, instead of those individuals making themselves easily identifiable. My goodness, if you want to be on the Smisa board then don't be afraid to make it known to your fellow fans who you are. Be proud of being a Smisa board member and be visible

Now there's a Zoom AGM coming up? Why the need for anonymity and secrecy? It's no wonder that many fans - and they are numerous - are completely disillusioned with the current Smisa board. 

It would also help to identify  those that have elected by the members, those that have be co opted, and those who hold no position  but help out from time to time.

30 minutes ago, gorgo said:

If you are a member of SMISA are you not all shareholders? And in turn as SMISA say we are a fan owned club then all supporters are technically a shareholder?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm told that there is a clause in the constitution denying that scenario. I can't be certain of the exact wording but apparently Smisa members are not shareholders. 

11 hours ago, doakie said:

Agreed!

Am I missing something here ?   Trawl through the internet ?
 It’s really not difficult at all, if you are able to find BAWA and post on the forum I have no idea why you think finding the info you want from SMISA difficult .

I typed in SMISA and guess what , all the information is there, Names, a short biog, a picture of said individual and a handy link to get in touch . What more do you want ? 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Am I missing something here ?   Trawl through the internet ?
 It’s really not difficult at all, if you are able to find BAWA and post on the forum I have no idea why you think finding the info you want from SMISA difficult .

I typed in SMISA and guess what , all the information is there, Names, a short biog, a picture of said individual and a handy link to get in touch . What more do you want ? 🤷‍♂️

Yes, Callum, that's called trawling through the internet. I didn't say that it was difficult but I do say that it's Smisa's responsibility to make themselves known to us rather than us having to search for them.

But why do we need to seek them out? They are supposed to be open and transparent. It's their duty, in my opinion, to make themselves known to us - that's my point.

I'll give you a perfect example: How many of them attended the two meetings in the summer? Only two made themselves known and one of them has the roving microphone.

Here's another: when was the last time that rank and file members of Smisa were invited to a run of the mill Smisa meeting? 

Finally - and you've not mentioned this in your reply - what reasonable person would agree to a Zoom AGM to a public AGM? 

"Am I missing something here", you ask. I respectfully suggest that you're missing my point i.e. the Zoom AGM and lack of communication from Smisa

"a handy link to get in touch": It's seems to me that the Smisa board do not want to engage with the members at this point. What makes me think that? Well, I sent them an e-mail around this subject on Tuesday and received an automated reply stating that I should expect a reply in 2-3 working days. Have I had one? Nope! 

You have, of course, every right to disagree but Smisa's lack of communication and visibility in recent weeks should be a concern to us all.

In the meantime, I'll continue to patiently wait for the reply they promised but I've got to say that, if they can't even draft a reply within their promised timeline, then it doesn't fill me with confidence that they can handle major issues.

Have a good night.

Yes, Callum, that's called trawling through the internet. I didn't say that it was difficult but I do say that it's Smisa's responsibility to make themselves known to us rather than us having to search for them.
But why do we need to seek them out? They are supposed to be open and transparent. It's their duty, in my opinion, to make themselves known to us - that's my point.
I'll give you a perfect example: How many of them attended the two meetings in the summer? Only two made themselves known and one of them has the roving microphone.
Here's another: when was the last time that rank and file members of Smisa were invited to a run of the mill Smisa meeting? 
Finally - and you've not mentioned this in your reply - what reasonable person would agree to a Zoom AGM to a public AGM? 
"Am I missing something here", you ask. I respectfully suggest that you're missing my point i.e. the Zoom AGM and lack of communication from Smisa
"a handy link to get in touch": It's seems to me that the Smisa board do not want to engage with the members at this point. What makes me think that? Well, I sent them an e-mail around this subject on Tuesday and received an automated reply stating that I should expect a reply in 2-3 working days. Have I had one? Nope! 
You have, of course, every right to disagree but Smisa's lack of communication and visibility in recent weeks should be a concern to us all.
In the meantime, I'll continue to patiently wait for the reply they promised but I've got to say that, if they can't even draft a reply within their promised timeline, then it doesn't fill me with confidence that they can handle major issues.
Have a good night.
What days do SMiSA work?

Agreed!

[emoji1787]

What days do SMiSA work?
I'm only jealous that I can't partake in any drunkenness tonight as I'm driving in the morning.

I'm just glad the Coatbridge team isn't at home for the game im officiating at tomorrow, so I can enjoy the food on offer.

#BudinEastKilbride I'll never forgive you for that. [emoji1787]

27 minutes ago, doakie said:

Have a good night.

You & I have a very different take on what is “trawling the internet”.   I wouldn’t call a single entry into a search engine with a search optimised return showing SMISA page as top return as trawling , it’s akin to asking someone a question and getting an answer immediately without having to drill down with further questioning to get an answer  ( now THAT would be trawling ) 

As for the Zoom meeting ?   Did I even mention that ? My response was simply to point out my puzzlement of your apparent inability to Google 🙄

With regard to them not being identifiable , perhaps you could arrange a go fund me page to get T-Shirts printed for them and have them stand at the corner of each stand on Match days to introduce themselves personally to everyone attending. 

Actually Doakes, I’ve got an idea.  Perhaps you would like to propose yourself to join the SMISA board and change it from the inside ? 
I’ll PM you my address , when your elected , I’d like my personalised reply ( With signed A3 picture) delivered by hand within 2-3 working hours .

19 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Actually Doakes, I’ve got an idea.  Perhaps you would like to propose yourself to join the SMISA board and change it from the inside ? 
I’ll PM you my address , when your elected , I’d like my personalised reply ( With signed A3 picture) delivered by hand within 2-3 working hours .

I do apologise, Callum, I expected a mature response to my original post ("As for the Zoom meeting ?   Did I even mention that ?") More fool me.

As I said before, have a good night and I'll leave you to have the last word that you seem determined to have, no matter how irrelevant to my point that may be.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You've been on trouble before about pictures you've been sending on the internet. 🙄