Alex Grieve

billyg

A big welcome to our new striker who may be involved tonight.

St Mirren Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Alex Greive from Birkenhead United subject to international clearance.
The 22-year-old forward joins the club on an 18-month deal from the New Zealand side with whom we announced a strategic partnership with last year.
Alex was a part of the New Zealand Olympic Provisional squad for the Tokyo 2021 Olympic Games and scored 25 goals in 33 games in 2021 – including three hat-tricks in a row.
His performances last year earned him a place in the ISPS Handa Men’s Premiership Team of the Season as well as being named the regional MVP (Northern League) in the New Zealand National League.

20 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Alex was a part of the New Zealand Olympic Provisional squad for the Tokyo 2021 Olympic Games and scored 25 goals in 33 games in 2021 –including three hat-tricks in a row.

I scored three hat-tricks in a row up the top of Saucel Hill during the summer holidays in 1974. One of the goals was in off the jumpers.

Never got me a call up.

He obviously won’t get the same space and time over here but looks to have a good touch, vision and composure in front of goal. Probably a couple of years younger in these clips too. 
Still young so be one for the future if he kicks on. I know you can’t judge too much from these video compilations but Goodie obviously sees something in him. Fingers crossed it’s a good move for him and us. 
Welcome to the Buddies Alex and awe the best. 

He looked really sharp in the 25 minutes he got for us yesterday. One moment in particular where he skinned 3 Ayr players before getting hauled down and drawing a booking was excellent.

He's come straight in and became our 2nd or 3rd choice forward ahead of both Erwin and Main which says it all for their prospects with us.

He looked really sharp in the 25 minutes he got for us yesterday. One moment in particular where he skinned 3 Ayr players before getting hauled down and drawing a booking was excellent.
He's come straight in and became our 2nd or 3rd choice forward ahead of both Erwin and Main which says it all for their prospects with us.

Yeah, I quoted on the match day thread, early days but I quite like the look of this kid, he’s not the biggest but is quick and direct - looks quite fearless too. If he didn’t get hauled back yesterday he was on for a shot. My boy and I both thought he deserved a goal yesterday.

Subject to the game dynamic on Tuesday could be very useful if brought on as a sub - may be a slight risk to start him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, when New Zealand were pumped 3-1 by Jordan, and he came on as a sub. :lol:

Good on him but the continued unwarranted praise is rather embarrassing, to say the least. 

'Continued unwarranted praise' = pointing out he made his international debut.

Have a f**king word with yourself mate.