Alex Grieve

billyg

19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

f**k sake. You had almost 30 hours to formulate a suitable reply and came up with that. 🤦‍♂️

I done a wee bit more research, 8 MINUTES he was on, and you raised the bar when we signed him bringing the aforementioned Bayern Munich.

Give him a chance to PROVE what he can do, let's not get carried away., although that ships sailed for you. :wink:

PS I also though one nasty swearword deserved another. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You're clearly not understanding the concept of congratulating one of our players for becoming a full internationalist whilst a St. Mirren player. Something that doesn't happen very often at all.

That was all the post was. You've chosen to take umbrage to it and that's up to you.

It wasn't only the post, which was only partially detailed, it was referring to your earlier Bayern Munich reference.

Umbrage, aye, hardly, but I tend to do that when sweary words are thrown in, unless for comedy value. :wink:

If he ends up at a tope German club I'll be first to congratulate you on your foresight. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It wasn't only the post, which was only partially detailed, it was referring to your earlier Bayern Munich reference.

Umbrage, aye, hardly, but I tend to do that when sweary words are thrown in, unless for comedy value. :wink:

If he ends up at a tope German club I'll be first to congratulate you on your foresight. 

Ooft. Enjoy your night mate. 👍

18 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He might add some bite up front 😉

Another fantastic game yesterday. On the basis of what we've seen so far, he is likely to become a star for us. Get him on a 5 year contract now.

I would hope there is some contrition from those who had written him off before seeing him play. 

He has the potential to be our best signing from relative obscurity since McAvennie.

Thought he looked good from the subs bench when not match fit and new to professional football but he has gotten even better with each game, I am sure he will have dips but potential to be our best (hope that doesnt jinx him). Can't get too carried away as its only a couple of games but you can see he has something about him

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

18 months isn't a long time. I'd be sticking another year or two extension under his nose in the hopes he signs it.

Agree i think we should move quick, i'd offer i'm an extra year tomorrow. If your his agent would you advise him to sign it though? Not sure i would. 

29 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Agree i think we should move quick, i'd offer i'm an extra year tomorrow. If your his agent would you advise him to sign it though? Not sure i would. 

I definitely would advise him to. He's still very, very early in his tenure with us and now is the time he's most likely to agree to secure himself a long term shot at senior football with us.

6 months of from now when he's established and been turning in performances though? No chance. The longer he performs to a high level the sooner he'll realise he'll get offers elsewhere but currently he's still relatively under the radar so it's time for us to make sure we're not left behind.

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Thought he was our best player last night. His work rate was superb. Big Joe. Dunne Gogic and Power were excellent. JJ. Was was very good as well. But Grieve looks a real find. And Goody saying its down to Fitzy.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Agree 100 per cent

6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Think the first thing we should do is reimburse his travel expenses he paid out of his own pocket to come here... Not knowing when he'd get back home if things didn't work out for him... that takes a lot of balls and self confidence.. 

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

His agent can't be doing a very good job if the boy has had to pay his own expenses.