Alex Grieve

billyg

38 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Absolute imperative to get this guy on a better deal. A one/two year extension on better terms should do it.

The type of striker that is in the right place at the right time.  A constant pest to opposition defenders too.

With a pre-season behind him, he'll only get better IMO.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The type of striker that is in the right place at the right time.  A constant pest to opposition defenders too.

With a pre-season behind him, he'll only get better IMO.

Agree 100% and a useful partner for the rejuvenated Main.

56 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

The guy is a trier, no doubt about that, but is too lightweight and is brushed off like a fly. Sorry but won’t be able to flourish at this level of football. Might be proved wrong but don’t see it. 

I give you Ross Stewart. Over six feet and 85Kg.

1 hour ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

The guy is a trier, no doubt about that, but is too lightweight and is brushed off like a fly. Sorry but won’t be able to flourish at this level of football. Might be proved wrong but don’t see it. 

Absolute nonsense.

10 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

He knows how to get on the right place and seems to have a calmness in front of goal that for me are more important than him being built like Curtis Main. I think that's why as a front two they work, Main physical and Grieve is a natural finisher. 

Might = will.

100%

Think Aaron Mooy on a bike at Saints.

This lad will go all the way. Class.

We should cherish every minute he spends in the stripes.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

JohnMcGinn is too wee, as well.

5 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

4 months of full time pro football so far and he is strong enough with his feet planted, as  we saw yesterday.

Greater upper body strength and developing the technique to use it will see him develop further, he does look a wee bit short-legged for his height and that makes the upper body the key to his improvement

As previously said, a decent if unspectacular goal return so far after a massive step-up and the coming pre-season will offer him a big chance to improvement

He's been a cracking find and another great signing by the club. You can't expect much when you sign a player from the amateurs, but he's proven he's more than up to it at this level. In the home win against St Johnstone he sets up the first (won the penalty) and scores the winner, in the away win against St Johnstone he set up the winner, and in the home win against Dundee he scores the first. Absolutely huge contributions to the cause and I have the fear around where we would be without them. 

We'd do well to get him signed up on a longer deal, but if i was his agent i'd be advising him to sign nothing till the new year and i suspect that is what he will do. Might aswell have a look at what PCA's get offered in January, and if there's none you fancy can always sign with again with St Mirren then.

22 minutes ago, TopCat said:

He's been a cracking find and another great signing by the club. You can't expect much when you sign a player from the amateurs, but he's proven he's more than up to it at this level. In the home win against St Johnstone he sets up the first (won the penalty) and scores the winner, in the away win against St Johnstone he set up the winner, and in the home win against Dundee he scores the first. Absolutely huge contributions to the cause and I have the fear around where we would be without them. 

We'd do well to get him signed up on a longer deal, but if i was his agent i'd be advising him to sign nothing till the new year and i suspect that is what he will do. Might aswell have a look at what PCA's get offered in January, and if there's none you fancy can always sign with again with St Mirren then.

St. Mirren have given him a pathway. 

I would hope the offer of a 2-3 year extension is already on the table. These 12 month remaining situations we repeatedly get into is costing us a good selling fee.

I think a 3 year deal is very low risk, considering he is already on a reported smaller wage, he has just made his international debut and is only going to get better.

Just now, kevo_smfc said:

I would hope the offer of a 2-3 year extension is already on the table. These 12 month remaining situations we repeatedly get into is costing us a good selling fee.

I think a 3 year deal is very low risk, considering he is already on a reported smaller wage, he has just made his international debut and is only going to get better.

I suspect it is on the table, i also don't think he will sign it. If he continues his performance levels and/or plays for NZ at the world cup he's going to get a load of much bigger contract offers in January. If they don't come, sign our extension then. Signing ours just now might be a small pay rise for a few months, but will put an obstacle in the way for bigger deals next year. If he is considering signing it he needs a new agent :D 

I agree. But sometimes it's the player that determines the length of his contract. I think he's a good player but with a lot to learn. He's a pest of a player. With a full pre season behind him he be a top player next season.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

A bit of a selection dilemma for the Buddies next season - with a fully fit Brophy and also Main in his current form, will Greive be able to claim a starting place in the team?

We may also sign another striker to provide cover for injury and to encourage competition for the starting role, assuming that we will normally start with two strikers.

Remember also that Robinson seems to rate Kieran Offord who by the way does not appear in the club's website for the first team squad - have I missed something?

28 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

A bit of a selection dilemma for the Buddies next season - with a fully fit Brophy and also Main in his current form, will Greive be able to claim a starting place in the team?

We may also sign another striker to provide cover for injury and to encourage competition for the starting role, assuming that we will normally start with two strikers.

Remember also that Robinson seems to rate Kieran Offord who by the way does not appear in the club's website for the first team squad - have I missed something?

Will Brophy ever be fully fit?

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

I wouldn't hold my breath in believing that Main can / will continue the good form in his last few games into next season. 

As for Brophy, most of his injuries seem to happen when nobody is near him on the pitch, so i certainly don't have much faith in him staying injury free next season. 

Hope they prove me wrong but we will need a 4th striker at the club regardless.

27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I wouldn't hold my breath in believing that Main can / will continue the good form in his last few games into next season. 

As for Brophy, most of his injuries seem to happen when nobody is near him on the pitch, so i certainly don't have much faith in him staying injury free next season. 

Hope they prove me wrong but we will need a 4th striker at the club regardless.

A lot of games to play in the cups and the league. We will need 4 including Main, Brophy and Grieve plus one to cover injury, loss of form etc