Alex Grieve

billyg

11 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

A bit of a selection dilemma for the Buddies next season - with a fully fit Brophy and also Main in his current form, will Greive be able to claim a starting place in the team?

We may also sign another striker to provide cover for injury and to encourage competition for the starting role, assuming that we will normally start with two strikers.

Remember also that Robinson seems to rate Kieran Offord who by the way does not appear in the club's website for the first team squad - have I missed something?

Offord is still on loan at East Stirling 

23 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

A bit of a selection dilemma for the Buddies next season - with a fully fit Brophy and also Main in his current form, will Greive be able to claim a starting place in the team?

We may also sign another striker to provide cover for injury and to encourage competition for the starting role, assuming that we will normally start with two strikers.

Remember also that Robinson seems to rate Kieran Offord who by the way does not appear in the club's website for the first team squad - have I missed something?

No selection dilemma for me. Grieve has offered way more than Brophy and with Main in his current form then 2 decent strikers. I think Robinson will bring in another striker in the summer window. 

Robinson also know how to get the best out of Main.

We are paying too much for Brophy who I know has been injured quite a bit but hasn't justified the outlay. Not convinced he ever will. Personally I'd offload him if we could.

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

No selection dilemma for me. Grieve has offered way more than Brophy and with Main in his current form then 2 decent strikers. I think Robinson will bring in another striker in the summer window. 

Robinson also know how to get the best out of Main.

We are paying too much for Brophy who I know has been injured quite a bit but hasn't justified the outlay. Not convinced he ever will. Personally I'd offload him if we could.

Brophy has been good for us, when he's played, he is our top scorer with eight goals. His problem has been he's never been consistently fit, he seems to play for a few weeks then get injured for a few weeks.

I am sure he will be here next year along with Main and Greive and they will all get minutes and goals - like they all have this season. I think that Lewis Jamieson and Kieran Offord will come into the squad as back up to those three, and depending on how they do in the league cup and early weeks of the season we may not need another striker. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
17 hours ago, stlucifer said:

No surprise. He's a Saint Mirren striker after all.

I remember Thommo missing a penalty in 2011 (IIRC away to Dunfermline). 

He stopped taking penalties after that miss. Until he took one again at Ibrox and blazed it over the bar in 2015.

He turned out to be “not bad” as a striker for St Mirren.

13 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I remember Thommo missing a penalty in 2011 (IIRC away to Dunfermline). 

That was Thommos debut which I watched in a pub in Benidorm 🏁🍺🏁