Alex Grieve

billyg

On 2/10/2022 at 12:44 PM, Hendo said:

Another fantastic game yesterday. On the basis of what we've seen so far, he is likely to become a star for us. Get him on a 5 year contract now.

I would hope there is some contrition from those who had written him off before seeing him play. 

He has the potential to be our best signing from relative obscurity since McAvennie.

I'm afraid scouts were already out in force yesterday , hopefully the offer of higher wages will see him signing up at least until 2024 !

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I'm afraid scouts were already out in force yesterday , hopefully the offer of higher wages will see him signing up at least until 2024 !

Quite a lot of scouts were watching him yesterday seemingly. 

18 month deal really isn’t a lot.

Quite a lot of scouts were watching him yesterday seemingly. 

18 month deal really isn’t a lot.
I can totally see why. He defo brings something different than some of our other higher paid strikers (goals mostly. Take note Main and Erwin). 18 months I get at the time would be best if turned out shite, but should look to sign him longer. Id hope he would do that as we are the club to take the chance on him.

With the partnership with the club in NZ, anyone else there that is of similar quality that play same or different positions? Would love if that was the case.

We used to be a bit ahead of the game with looking at the ROI league with Jim. Now likes of Motherwell and Fakes are looking there too now due to Brexit I bet.

Do we have a partnership in the US? I ask as the quality there now (since we had Dorman) has just got better and better each year. It used to be where stars when to retire, but now the quality is there as well as even the division down.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

If he keeps up his good form (early days but looking good so far) then we will likely have offers in the close season.

However if he is the difference and helps get us into Europe (Scottish Cup win or 4th… Or both 🙂 ) then we will be in a stronger position to tempt him into an extension as I would expect the interest to come from slightly bigger rivals - Hibs, United etc. 

• 1 month later...