Alex Grieve

billyg

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

So why do you continue to moan about other’s posts?

We have no regular moderator specifically looking for minor spelling mistakes.

Since you care so deeply why don’t you offer your services?

Again…

…as it is the headline of the topic on one of Saints best players, I felt more respect could be shown to him.  It’s NOT “minor”.

My services as Moderator would not appreciated by everyone.

There would be a cull.

Edited by antrin

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Total Joke. Robinson has never given Grieve a real chance. We have been struggling for goals and he never got a look in. Yet we play Olusanya, who apart from about a decent 20 minutes, has been shocking !!!  And what about £200,00 McMenamin? Grieve is a far better player AND gave 100% every chance he got.  It is midfielders we need in ahead of any more strikers.....Stevie Wonder can see that ffs..... honestly.

36 minutes ago, Campsie Saint said:

Total Joke. Robinson has never given Grieve a real chance. We have been struggling for goals and he never got a look in. Yet we play Olusanya, who apart from about a decent 20 minutes, has been shocking !!!  And what about £200,00 McMenamin? Grieve is a far better player AND gave 100% every chance he got.  It is midfielders we need in ahead of any more strikers.....Stevie Wonder can see that ffs..... honestly.

I agree with some of what you said about Mcmenamin, but the fee was well short of the 150k asking price 

still a lot for no obvious return and while I think he would benefit from a loan it would affect the fee we would be looking for if he came good so the manager will stick rather than twist

But this is a good move for Grieve

he needs to gain a bit more guile and composure to be really good at our level and that is more likely in the championship 

he could come back a much improved player and if he doesn’t improve then it is in his best interest to get more game time

That’s it official now; on loan to Utd for the rest of the season.
Hope he gets the extra game time that he’ll be looking for and develops his all round game further. No questioning his attitude/work rate and he has scored some decent goals for us. 
Good luck Alex👍

17 hours ago, Campsie Saint said:

Not sure I completely agree that Greive hasn’t had a chance. 
Yes he’s only started 2 games this season but in another 14 games he’s been given between 20-45 minutes to show what he can do. Not to mention a few more last 20 appearances. 
Other than the Hibs and Aberdeen games at the start of the season I don’t really remember him making much of an impact when he’s come on?

I like Greive, but I’m pretty sure we’ve seen the extent of his capabilities. He’s a decent young player and I think he’ll do well at United in the Championship. I’m not devastated that he’s going though. 

17 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I agree with some of what you said about Mcmenamin, but the fee was well short of the 150k asking price 

still a lot for no obvious return and while I think he would benefit from a loan it would affect the fee we would be looking for if he came good so the manager will stick rather than twist

But this is a good move for Grieve

he needs to gain a bit more guile and composure to be really good at our level and that is more likely in the championship 

he could come back a much improved player and if he doesn’t improve then it is in his best interest to get more game time

He won’t be coming back, his contract is up, he is too lightweight and isn’t good enough for this level.