Your Wildest St Mirren Goal Celebrations

12 minutes ago, Sidmirren said:

Still no relevant contributions on any of the St Mirren memories threads from Slarti and Toxic Titch from Arbroath. Titch and Slarti are not Saints fans and I doubt if Slarti is a football fan.

Shull, why don't you grow a pair and use your normal alias then there would only be one pile of tedious shite to ignore.

@div, get this prick sorted FFS. 

On 1/20/2022 at 7:09 PM, Forrest said:

Choose as many as you like . Even pick a final whistle celebration after a special victory.

One that I treasure was McKnight's belter at Somerset Park on that famous day on April 2000.

Absolute carnage in the away end.

Plenty more manic celebrations over the years. The millennium season had plenty.

Great thread .

Spent most of my early years next to the segregation fence in the North Bank. Before being seated , every Saints goal was celebrated wildy.

Two other goals stand out with manic celebrations. Ferguson's cracker in the 1987 final and Frank McGarvey s winner in the 1987 semi final.

All seated Grounds have decreased the pandamonium of celebrating goals.

Rory Loy's great escape goal is definitely my answer here. Ended up about 4 rows from where I was originally standing :lol: 

Cup final against Hearts I was in the posh seats standing next to someone that the SFA were hosting from Malawi (??) who was wearing a very colourful suit, ended up giving him a massive bearhug and picking him off his feet. He seemed ok with it luckily! I think his wife helped present the trophy 

He was with the lady in green - someone might know who she was 

See the source image 

Edited by Doakes

When big Doug Somner completed his hat-trick at Rugby Park in October 1980 such was my drink fuelled celebration that I went over on my ankle , reached down and felt the bone protruding through my sock. Broken metatarsal , in plaster for two months. Memorable 😶

On 1/21/2022 at 4:16 PM, bigjerseybuddie said:

2nd goal at Somerset to keep us in the premier league under fergie. Huge guy next to me with massive beard and even longer scarf was bouncing me around like dog toy and I was just letting him with not a care in the world. I wonder where he is now I could do with a pen pal.

Did you name the kid after him?

3 hours ago, billyg said:

When big Doug Somner completed his hat-trick at Rugby Park in October 1980 such was my drink fuelled celebration that I went over on my ankle , reached down and felt the bone protruding through my sock. Broken metatarsal , in plaster for two months. Memorable 😶

You were hobbling past the bag-o-matics for the rest of the year

7 hours ago, W6er said:

Ronan's goal against Rangers this season was one of my wildest celebrations. It was so far out, so unexpected and against Rangers...so I was ecstatic and my heart was absolutely pounding by the time I settled down. 

W6ers true identity revealed………………….

F65C9153-11D4-454A-BEC2-DF247D1402D1.jpeg

On 1/21/2022 at 10:14 AM, Scott-Leeds said:

I just watched that through and now I am sitting here smiling from ear to ear.

That was a braw celebration that day, I recall dancing along Springbank Road afterward (well a mild rythmic shoogle).

In recent years I recall the following

The great escape Vs Motherwell.  What a day, I recall one of the supporters buses was a double decker and for a moment it looked it might tip over such was the celebrating on the top deck.

That Christmas eve when Paul McGowan put the blue bigots to the sword.

1987 - obviously and for a fortnight after.

2013 league cup semi, by Christ that was good.  Remember you couldnae get a hotel room in Glasgow for the final because all the green bigots had booked them up in expectation.  Still makes me laugh.

Steven McGarry away to Livingston 1999.  A brilliant goal, he let the ball drop over his shoulder before belting it onto the net.  Anyway the moment hope started turning to belief.  

All three goals Vs Raith Rovers to win the first division, 1999.  What an achievement that really was.

Billy Mehment Vs Dundee to win the first division 2006.  That was braw.

More interestingly though, moments when I didn't celebrate

League Cup Final 2013.  I was an emotional wreck by the end, I recall the bus being largely silent on the way back to Paisley as we are all out of adrenaline.  At 2230hrs that night though we the game was on the Sportscene and it finally sunk in.  What a night.  What  a party in Paisley.

Hugh Murray V Stirling Albion, that goal.  Probably the most important goal in our existence.  That day I stood and clapped but couldn't muster a celebration.  That entire day, from the moment I woke up, I recall feeling a numbness.  The feeling of relief was tremendous but the realisation of what we came so close to struck such a fear that euphoria was impossible.   

2 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

That was a braw celebration that day, I recall dancing along Springbank Road afterward (well a mild rythmic shoogle).

The great escape Vs Motherwell.  What a day, I recall one of the supporters buses was a double decker and for a moment it looked it might tip over such was the celebrating on the top deck.

2013 league cup semi, by Christ that was good.  Remember you couldnae get a hotel room in Glasgow for the final because all the green bigots had booked them up in expectation.  Still makes me laugh.

Steven McGarry away to Livingston 1999.  A brilliant goal, he let the ball drop over his shoulder before belting it onto the net.  Anyway the moment hope started turning to belief.  

All three goals Vs Raith Rovers to win the first division, 1999.  What an achievement that really was.

League Cup Final 2013.  I was an emotional wreck by the end, I recall the bus being largely silent on the way back to Paisley as we are all out of adrenaline.  At 2230hrs that night though we the game was on the Sportscene and it finally sunk in.  What a night.  What  a party in Paisley.

Hugh Murray V Stirling Albion, that goal.  Probably the most important goal in our existence.  That day I stood and clapped but couldn't muster a celebration.  That entire day, from the moment I woke up, I recall feeling a numbness.  The feeling of relief was tremendous but the realisation of what we came so close to struck such a fear that euphoria was impossible.   

A good post Tam, a good post indeed. 

57 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Our Bus was eerily silent all the way from Hampden to Paisley 

Mental celebrations though when the Open Top Bus arrived.

• 4 weeks later...
Still no memories in here from Slarti and  the Arbroath troll. That is not a surprise as both are not St Mirren supporters.
I might be removed from here as the Arvroath bully, who dishes plenty out but cant take it back has run crying to Div again. [emoji38]
FS did post a memory, I specifically remember him writing about a visit to Averdeen. [emoji1787]

1 minute ago, Wardog said:

Hello all, read forum for a while but my 1st post. This Arbroath character seems to bait a lot of folk on here who then bite. Seems better ignored IMO as seems to ruin most topics with daft responses, if you ignore people long enough they go away.

FFS, how many.........................................must be a record. :byebye

Hello all, read forum for a while but my 1st post. This Arbroath character seems to bait a lot of folk on here who then bite. Seems better ignored IMO as seems to ruin most topics with daft responses, if you ignore people long enough they go away.

Yawn.

30 minutes ago, Wardog said:

I have been ignoring him for months.

Absolutely, works a treat.

Welcome to the Forum , Sir.

• 2 weeks later...