St Mirren v Kelty Hearts Scottish Cup Fifth Round

shull

Overall, our running off the ball is so much improved from pre-Christmas form.

More specifically, our January signings have added more threat up front.

Hopefully we can maintain this current run of form and involve the young fringe players Henderson and Erhahon and also good to see McCarthy return to fitness.

This is the most promising St Mirren team since the heady days of the 80s when we managed to finish 3rd in the league.

Things are definitely looking bright and agree that the new signings are making a big difference to our threat. Kiltie almost feels like a new signing too.

I’ll hold my hands up and say that after I’d seen him a few times I thought we’d signed a duffer. Since he’s been given his chance again recently though he’s been like a different player. 
It’s all looking very worryingly good. 😬

Another good performance today. We never looked in danger after the 1st goal went in, and probably could have scored more if they wanted to. 

Fair play to the Kelty fans that never stopped singing throughout. 

Hopefully we'll avoid the usual suspects in the next round and bag another home tie. 

Is it too soon to dream big ? 

No offence to Kelty but how on earth did the Fakes get beaten by them?

Good second half performance. Fraser is a very good player for us but was having a nightmare first half and Kiltie is not a winger. What a difference when we changed things around in the second half. Good to see McCarthy back again.

3 hours ago, renfrew156 said:

Looks like somebody took a giant pish on the pitch just in front of the west bank

I noticed the spray coming off the ball from the Main Stand. A reasonable display from us.

Besides the goals, the highlight of the game for me, given I was sitting close to the dugout, was Kevin Thomson being a gentleman and picking up some litter that had blown onto the pitch and being called a 'bin raider' by the vocal guy in my section. Top class banter.

7 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

tried purchasing tickets online, they showed tickets for the main stand that are unavailable and available tickets in the west as unavailable.  Switched to the phone and got two tickets, but unfortunately no e-mail with the codes has arrived after 1 hour.  I'm 50 miles away and wondering if I should bother coming through if the tickets are not in my inbox by 1 pm.

Shambles

Those are the reason i just pay on the day. 

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

What a run, these don't come along too often so lap this up Buds. Easy win god only knows how the fakes lost to that. Goody is a god, we are very lucky to have him at the helm. A decent luck draw wise and we can win this.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

To be fair, Kelty were at home and they may have been a bit complacent. Shocks happen. Kelty had a couple of chances, and I have to wonder if they were deserving of a penalty in the first half. 

Walk in the park apart from a 5 min spell in the 1st half. 

I was certainly expecting more from them and feel the standard in that league is worst than i though it would be. 

May i also say my thanks to Dallas for after 9 subs, he added no extra time onto the game, thus allowing me to get back to the pub 3 mins earlier than normal  🍺

32 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Walk in the park apart from a 5 min spell in the 1st half. 

I was certainly expecting more from them and feel the standard in that league is worst than i though it would be. 

May i also say my thanks to Dallas for after 9 subs, he added no extra time onto the game, thus allowing me to get back to the pub 3 mins earlier than normal  🍺

To be fair, it was a 25 minute spell in the first half and the fact we expected a tough game worked in our favour.