Dundee v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 9/3/22

shull

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

With Dunne's red card he will be out, won't he? Is McCarthy fit to step in?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Unless it's appealed and we win the appeal. McCarthy is fit but not played much recently...

Edited by Sweeper07

Dee battled well and gave a good backs to the wall, hit on the break account of themselves today.

4th blooming place... if that doesn't motivate our players, not much will.

It will be a battle but we need to be at it for the full 90.

If we can get a couple ahead, the points are ours...

Edited by Sweeper07

Unless it's appalled and we win the appeal. McCarthy is fit but not played much recently...
I wasn't sure if appeal would be dealt with before it, but if we put it in he is allowed to play or not. I also wasn't sure if he was on the bench as we have f**k all players and he had a still to recover fully, but was a body.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I wasn't sure if appeal would be dealt with before it, but if we put it in he is allowed to play or not. I also wasn't sure if he was on the bench as we have f**k all players and he had a still to recover fully, 

McCarthy came on for about 25 minutes against Kelty last week, but not sure if he's played much before since recovering from injury.

Suspect he'll be fine, but a little rusty over 90 minutes if he plays from the start on Wed.

All depends on whether we appeal or not

If we appeal he can play. Appeal won't be heard until Thursday at earliest. No brainer to appeal, surely it will be rescinded.

Not so sure we'd appeal for the one he got away with although I don't think there was any malice in that either, a bit clumsy but you could see why a red could be given. The actual one for the red however is utter peak Colum nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

If we appeal it, It wouldn’t surprise me for the compliance officer to suddenly look at that first one.
Possibly, but in my opinion the first one could have been a red if spotted, and would unlikely be overturned, however probably not meriting of retrospective action as it could be seen as accidental or clumsy rather than malicious intent.

Saying that, they are a bunch of incompetent wallopers so nowt would surprise me! [emoji854]

Get the appeal in!!

If McCarthy is fit I think he'd be a better option for the Dundee game. He is far more mobile and, in Mullen, Dundee have pace up front. In saying that, in an ideal world, any appeal should succeed as it was an horrendous decision by an inept official. The first incident is irrelevant but it was nothing more than clumsy. However, the incompetence is far reaching in our system so god only knows what the outcome would be.

13 hours ago, scam75 said:

Possibly, but in my opinion the first one could have been a red if spotted, and would unlikely be overturned, however probably not meriting of retrospective action as it could be seen as accidental or clumsy rather than malicious intent.

Saying that, they are a bunch of incompetent wallopers so nowt would surprise me! emoji854.png

Get the appeal in!!

Dunne is a player I like. He is tall, strong and aggressive. He wasn’t the only one “putting himself about a bit” on Saturday. However, I don’t think he raised his arms above chest height in either challenge. Is the game to be played with arms by players sides at all times?

We simply have to appeal that decision. 
Dunne has become a massively important player to us. He has electric pace which makes him unique in our defence and there has been a good few occasions this season when his pace has bailed out one of his colleagues at the back.

in his first few games I liked the look of him, but then there was a wee period where I started to have my doubts that he might be a bit of a bomb scare. However, particularly since he came back from injury, I think he has been one of our outstanding performers. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

We are appealing Dunne's sending off.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

James May GIF by DriveTribe

It's only Stmirren probably won't even look at it,  it will be thrown out for sure, at least he can play against Gungdee I think.  now we have £249.000 left spent it wisely... sign up  Jak,  Ronan,  and Jones 

Another tough game. But if our players can't get motivated to win this one and go fourth in the league then they shouldn't be in the game. But Dundee are fighting for points as well. So makes it a hard game. And Dunne will be playing. Still 1.0 Saints Kiltie to keep up his good run with the goal. Coys

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Battle of the New Managers at Dens Park with both teams in need of the points for very different reasons. Dee fought hard against Celtic on Saturday with two ex St Mirren players involved in their goals. Any kind of win would do. Even a draw at a pinch to add to our collection.

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Or next to nothing with a decent IPTV service.

There's also the good old hesgoal, if you like shopping for an "imaginary" wife as you watch the game, if it's on at all. 

I got sent some lovely photos from a young lady near me who wants to meet . 😊.