Dundee v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 9/3/22

shull

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hmmm. I’m not going to change my view because he scored. I thought Ronan was pretty pish tonight.

If I had to pick our best player tonight I’d have to go for Brophy. 
Jones and Tanser were dreadful. Tait Gogic and Power were on the pish side. The rest were either ok or unremarkable. 

Low bar admittedly but I felt he didn't give the ball away when in possession. Plus a goal from anyone is always worth a massive over reaction in my book.

15 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

I think if Brophy learnt to be in the right position for the right delivery he would score a lot. Playing him up on his own does not suit him. 

Unfortunately Robinson thinks he did great in that role tonight.  Utterly convinced of his own brilliance, nobody else thought it was a good look tonight.  there is a whiff of the Ian Murrays about SR

Just now, beyond our ken said:

Unfortunately Robinson thinks he did great in that role tonight.  Utterly convinced of his own brilliance, nobody else thought it was a good look tonight.  there is a whiff of the Ian Murrays about SR

Harsh. Murray is right down there with our biggest duffers. Based on nothing i have seen so far I think SR will do well with us. 

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

one thing to remember its not SR's team, judge him this coming September

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Can see why Jones wasn't getting his game at Wigan, he's been rotten since his goal against 🤫 was it Kelty 

Jones for me is one of those that flatters to deceive, he had one good touch near the end of the match when he suddenly switched gear........afterburners on and a chance was created, other than that we got 92 minutes of him showing that he definitely has potential, but either chooses not to show it, cant  be bothered to show it or simply isn't good enough to show it.  Not someone I would waste a wage on, on the other hand the young man who came on and crossed for Ronnan to score should have been on much earlier, Robinson was LUCKY, not a tactical genius, simply lucky let us hope he is not one of those managers who sticks to his guns with players and or styles of play that aren't working, we have had some of them previously.  Having said all that we won even though we barely deserved to, whatever his tactics were...........they were wrong.

46 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Think Brophy was on a hard shift, no decent balls to feet so had to drop deep, when he went long they passed short when he came short they passed long. He causes issues for defenders so I like him, he was unlucky not to score but I would love to se him and Grieve up front together as I think the two would work well

same again wiv bananananananas

13 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Jones for me is one of those that flatters to deceive, he had one good touch near the end of the match when he suddenly switched gear........afterburners on and a chance was created, other than that we got 92 minutes of him showing that he definitely has potential, but either chooses not to show it, cant  be bothered to show it or simply isn't good enough to show it.  Not someone I would waste a wage on, on the other hand the young man who came on and crossed for Ronnan to score should have been on much earlier, Robinson was LUCKY, not a tactical genius, simply lucky let us hope he is not one of those managers who sticks to his guns with players and or styles of play that aren't working, we have had some of them previously.  Having said all that we won even though we barely deserved to, whatever his tactics were...........they were wrong.

I think Jones is almost nullifying the threat of Tanser.

I noticed on Saturday that Tanser more or less always supplies the ball to Jones as he’s got this star man tag.  

I reckon he’d to well on the right for us as he definitely has something albeit frustrating at times. 

59 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

I think if Brophy learnt to be in the right position for the right delivery he would score a lot. Playing him up on his own does not suit him. 

Brophy has no football brain at all, has no instinct of where to be or run.