Dundee v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 9/3/22

shull

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

I had to travel through to Paisley to buy them. Two hour return journey and £15 cost. Not good enough. Compensation???

I’ll be sure to bring this subject up at the Clubs next AGM 👍🏼

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

So supporters being out of pocket for supporting is acceptable?

I'm not affected by this but value our supporters.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Pardon me for interjecting but how, exactly, would you compensate these supporters when there's unlikely to be any hard evidence? 

In Thicky's case he could easily have made a story up, he has history.

No doubt this has been another poor state of affairs but I hardly think compensation, monetarily, is a serious proposition. 

16 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So supporters being out of pocket for supporting is acceptable?

I'm not affected by this but value our supporters.

The game will still take place the supporter can still attend, the only aspect of being out of pocket is relating to the choice to buy a ticket that he knew he would have to go to Paisley to collect, so back to my original point of personal choice. I am not defending the system and I agree that it should be much more convenient for fans (God knows it isn't always convenient from this distance) but in this situation there are no real grounds for compensation. I also think it also speaks volumes that the individual who lobbed this particular hand grenade has been conspicuously silent on the subject since.

Pardon me for interjecting but how, exactly, would you compensate these supporters when there's unlikely to be any hard evidence? 
No doubt this has been another poor state of affairs but I hardly think compensation, monetarily, is a serious proposition. 
You are pardoned.
No idea.
Doesn't make it wrong.

Shock alert... There are greater minds than ours out there!

35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Behave yourself. Mr Freebie!

17 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You are pardoned.
No idea.
Doesn't make it wrong.

Shock alert... There are greater minds than ours out there!

The point is simple. There has to be a better way to provide tickets for folks who don’t live close to their teams own ground. Online ticket sales are now commonplace. I am fortunate in having the time, the vehicle and the cash to cover the extra costs. A number may not and might well then be excluded from attending. It’s too easy for the club to wash their hands of responsibility. Legally not but on a moral standpoint as a fan owned club. 

The point is simple. There has to be a better way to provide tickets for folks who don’t live close to their teams own ground. Online ticket sales are now commonplace. I am fortunate in having the time, the vehicle and the cash to cover the extra costs. A number may not and might well then be excluded from attending. It’s too easy for the club to wash their hands of responsibility. Legally not but on a moral standpoint as a fan owned club. 
I concur

Any clubs that don't sell tickets on the day while having hundreds or thousands of empty seats should take a good look at themselves.

Plenty of reasons why fans need to wait till the day of the game before they know if they can attend. 

Does this happen at any other sporting event ?

How i miss the old day of walking up to the turnstiles, putting your money down and in you went. 

Simple and easy. 

Just back from Dundee. 
Went for a lovely fish lunch and then went to the V&A. 
Nearly as good as a victory would have been. 
What a ridiculous time to call the game off.
Glad it wasn't a wasted day. Visiting Dundee can be a good day out but by choice I'd prefer better weather. However I think it is ridiculous that when an Amber weather warning is issued ie essential travel only, that games are not automatically postponed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Glad it wasn't a wasted day. Visiting Dundee can be a good day out but by choice I'd prefer better weather. However I think it is ridiculous that when an Amber weather warning is issued ie essential travel only, that games are not automatically postponed.

It looks like Montrose choose to trust the forecast which said the wind would reduce in the afternoon, which it did, and their game went ahead. 

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The weather in Dundee was actually fine. Not too windy at all. 

As for the drive, there was a fair amount crosswinds but nothing too dangerous. 

This should have been played imo.

As I said in an earlier post I bought a ppv pass and have now received confirmation that my money will be refunded, so I'm not out of pocket like some others.

But I only bought the pass initially because I couldn't buy a ticket for the game. I live too far from Paisley to buy a ticket there and Dundee FC were not selling online to away fans. I find that very peculiar. I often buy tickets online for our away games and have never had any difficulty. I've also bought tickets online for games involving smaller clubs in Championship and even League One. Never any problem.

So why do Dundee choose to make it so difficult? You'd think with American owners they'd be right on the ball with the latest methods of selling tickets. Very strange, and they must surely lose a fair bit of money if they do this for all their games.

Edited by pondsman

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It looks like Montrose choose to trust the forecast which said the wind would reduce in the afternoon, which it did, and their game went ahead. 

16 hours ago, munoz said:

The weather in Dundee was actually fine. Not too windy at all. 

As for the drive, there was a fair amount crosswinds but nothing too dangerous. 

This should have been played imo.

I am not debating whether the game should have gone ahead or not in the wind conditions. My concern is the lack of information and the treatment of fans.

The ticket situation became farcical for the Dundee game. No on-line purchasing. No tickets available on the day to be changed to yes you can get tickets on the day but that was only announced on Sat morning. Why cannot Clubs get simple things right? Other businesses that attract thousands of customers appear to be able to organise proper ticketing arrangements however football clubs appear unable to perform the basics. But I digress as I have been complaining about the weather.

An Amber weather warning was issued on Saturday for the East coast ie This means there is the possibility of travel delays, road and rail closures, power cuts and the potential risk to life and property. (All of which came to pass).  In those circumstances games should automatically be cancelled so people can make other plans instead of hanging about or making their way across country only to find the game off. On Saturday I contacted St Mirren and the SLO to ask if the game was in doubt. No response. I had to know by 11:30 as that was the time I had to leave to get there on time (I live in Ayrshire but was meeting friends in Paisley). Another fan posted that Dundee were carrying out a pitch inspection at 12 noon - he only knew because he phoned Dundee. Why didn't Dundee and SMFC tell fans there was a pitch inspection when they already knew? In this case the call off was 3 hours before kick-off which is a hell of a lot better than many call offs (but that is off-set by asking fans to arrive early due to covid checks on entry). However some fans had already left by then.

If there is any doubt in a game being called off then just call it off early and let everyone know instead of fannying about with uncertainty. In this case it should have been called off when the Amber warning was issued on the Friday for Saturday. Rant over :)

19 hours ago, Rascal said:

The point is simple. There has to be a better way to provide tickets for folks who don’t live close to their teams own ground. Online ticket sales are now commonplace.

Have order tickets online to be posted if sufficient time or pick up at stadium.  More recently, I've downloaded tickets online without any problem. 

Is your grief with St.Mirren or other clubs.  

Edited by pod

30 minutes ago, pod said:

Have order tickets online to be posted if sufficient time or pick up at stadium.  More recently, I've downloaded tickets online without any problem. 

Is your grief with St.Mirren or other clubs.  

I think his grief is that he and many others were unaware tickets could be picked up from Dens on the day