The AGM via Zoom

animal

Fix this SMiSA!

Having managed to watch the AGM proceedings at a friend’s house here’s a summary of Fibble’s achievements at the club according to Mr McMillan of Fibble.

One seconded employee of Fibble entirely paid by the charity (taxpayer?) seconded to St Mirren as general manager (a scandal in my humble opinion) and they delivered fan ownership.

That’s it then. 

Then for afters the St Mirren vice-chairman, Mr Gillespie of Fibble, when asked if he would comment on the training ground refurbishment made his entire contribution to the two hour meeting, One word - A blunt NO. (with a giveaway face like thunder).

And that says it all. Shareholders in the club he is vice chairman of denied any engagement or explanation. Call in Sue Gray. We have discovered Boris Johnson’s cousin in Airdrie!

They were obviously afraid of probing financial questions on the current position from Stewart Gilmour.

Fix this SMISA.

Don’t bother with the excuses Baz. It was all there to see.

15 minutes ago, animal said:

Fix this SMiSA!

Having managed to watch the AGM proceedings at a friend’s house here’s a summary of Fibble’s achievements at the club according to Mr McMillan of Fibble.

One seconded employee of Fibble entirely paid by the charity (taxpayer?) seconded to St Mirren as general manager (a scandal in my humble opinion) and they delivered fan ownership.

That’s it then. 

Then for afters the St Mirren vice-chairman, Mr Gillespie of Fibble, when asked if he would comment on the training ground refurbishment made his entire contribution to the two hour meeting, One word - A blunt NO. (with a giveaway face like thunder).

And that says it all. Shareholders in the club he is vice chairman of denied any engagement or explanation. Call in Sue Gray. We have discovered Boris Johnson’s cousin in Airdrie!

They were obviously afraid of probing financial questions on the current position from Stewart Gilmour.

Fix this SMISA.

Is there minutes/ recording of the session? They can do no right in your view so it’s always going to be bias. 

Also, did the subject come up that we’re going to be the next Gretna, Airdrie, Rangers? 😂

Edited by bazil85

Fix this SMiSA!
That’s it then. 
Fix this SMISA.

You still trying to get that "fibble" shit to catch on? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I just read Animal moaning about someone answering a question. That's more than they've done after posting either false information or lies.
@animal do you care to answer now, or just continue with you hypocrisy?

And where was the announcement of the administration that the "newbie" posted to back up existing user animal ?

It inconceivable in my eyes that folk who profess to support the club can come on to a public forum and post such unsubstantiated shite. No details, no sources just made up nonsense to drive their own petty agendas. Utterly pathetic and the reason this forum is suffering the long lingering decline seen over the years.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, animal said:

Fix this SMiSA!

That’s it then. 

Fix this SMISA.

Animal's is a pretty accurate summary of proceeding, especially his point about Vice Chairman Gillespie's demeanour. When the chairman's wifi went down it was embarrassing as I, for one, fully expected the vice chairman to do his job and literally chair the meeting however his downright rude, monosyllabic grunt in reply to one question - his one and only contribution to the meeting - gave away his lack of respect for the shareholders and the meeting itself. It was very revealing - as anyone who witnessed his petulance would agree.

The "probing financial questions on the current position" - and there were many of them from the former chairman - were avoided or glossed over until the chairman conceded that, since the period that the financial report covered (May 2021), the club had been making a loss. However, he would not go into detail. Stewart Gilmour pressed the issue and referred to a page on the financial report but the chairman didn't have a copy of the report so couldn't respond.

The reports we've all read about the club losing money at a speedy rate of knots seem valid and are worrying. Of course, in spite of the chairman informing us that the club is losing money, there will be people on this forum who did not actually witness the meeting who will dispute this and offer a different slant but no one who attended and heard what he had to say will be in any doubt.

There were many shareholders upset at the stop/start nature of the Zoom format. Its limitations were exposed as shareholders simply could not type quickly enough to ensure a smooth conversation. In spite of the chairman saying that we would be able to ask questions verbally at the end of the meeting, this did not happen. I can't speak for anyone else, but I tried to flag up that I wanted to actually speak but to no avail. One person called it a farce and others chipped in with their complaints. 

I'm told that this was not an AGM in the true legal sense as shareholders were not allowed to ask questions verbally. It should never happen again. I would also question Mr Gillespie's suitability for the role of vice chairman when, on an evening that the chairman was offline for a period, he did not step forward to chair the meeting as you'd expect from a vice chairman. Gordon Scott contributed to the meeting, Alan Wardrope contributed and Mark McMillan contributed but the sullen Mr Gillespie gave absolutely no indication of any respect for the vice chairmanship, for the shareholders for the club or his fellow directors. 

To balance that, I will say that Mark McMillan spoke well although, when asked about the number of Kibble employees were working at the club, I felt he was evasive when he answered "one". He is a politician, after all. The questioner was clearly trying to ascertain how many young people from Kibble (employees or young people in care) were working at the club and replacing St.Mirren staff e.g. ticket office, front desk etc. When asked a second time he maintained that "One Kibble employee works on secondment at the club"

When he was asked about what Kibble have done for the club he stated "delivered fan ownership". I disagree that Kibble delivered fan ownership although, again, I'll balance that by saying that he said Kibble are effectively doing some work at the training ground work free of charge and that is why that job didn't go to tender.

The tendering process for other contracts was brought up but was quickly dealt with, albeit in an unsatisfactory manner in my view. The conversation went along the lines of "Was there a tendering process in place"? "Yes". No further detail was offered.

This is about as much as I can remember but the overwhelming feedback from the shareholders about the Zoom format was damning and I would have been much happier if Stewart Gilmour's questions had been handled more efficiently.

Of course, Tony's retirement played a big part in the proceedings but, for me and other attendees, the current financial position was the real issue. I would have preferred a more thorough explanation, particularly as it was admitted that we are making a loss but, I guess the lack of detail was only to be expected.  Was this the reason that there were no auditors present, I wonder? 

Let me assure anyone who's reading this that absolutely none of my contacts who were in attendance (there were eight of us) were remotely impressed with the content or the manner of the presentation. There were pre-submitted questions that were simply not asked, mine among them, in spite of Lynsey McLean sending an e-mail asking for these questions. To quote one shareholder "This is no way to hold an AGM" - that comment, and other similar comments, were ignored.

Let's hope for a return to a fit for purpose AGM next year, an AGM where every director and auditor is present as per usual business practice and where everyone involved is available to reply to questions from the floor. This was not an example of how an AGM should occur.

Animal's is a pretty accurate summary of proceeding, especially his point about Vice Chairman Gillespie's demeanour. When the chairman's wifi went down it was embarrassing as I, for one, fully expected the vice chairman to do his job and literally chair the meeting however his downright rude, monosyllabic grunt in reply to one question - his one and only contribution to the meeting - gave away his lack of respect for the shareholders and the meeting itself. It was very revealing - as anyone who witnessed his petulance would agree.
The "probing financial questions on the current position" - and there were many of them from the former chairman - were avoided or glossed over until the chairman conceded that, since the period that the financial report covered (May 2021), the club had been making a loss. However, he would not go into detail. Stewart Gilmour pressed the issue and referred to a page on the financial report but the chairman didn't have a copy of the report so couldn't respond.
The reports we've all read about the club losing money at a speedy rate of knots seem valid and are worrying. Of course, in spite of the chairman informing us that the club is losing money, there will be people on this forum who did not actually witness the meeting who will dispute this and offer a different slant but no one who attended and heard what he had to say will be in any doubt.
There were many shareholders upset at the stop/start nature of the Zoom format. Its limitations were exposed as shareholders simply could not type quickly enough to ensure a smooth conversation. In spite of the chairman saying that we would be able to ask questions verbally at the end of the meeting, this did not happen. I can't speak for anyone else, but I tried to flag up that I wanted to actually speak but to no avail. One person called it a farce and others chipped in with their complaints. 
I'm told that this was not an AGM in the true legal sense as shareholders were not allowed to ask questions verbally. It should never happen again. I would also question Mr Gillespie's suitability for the role of vice chairman when, on an evening that the chairman was offline for a period, he did not step forward to chair the meeting as you'd expect from a vice chairman. Gordon Scott contributed to the meeting, Alan Wardrope contributed and Mark McMillan contributed but the sullen Mr Gillespie gave absolutely no indication of any respect for the vice chairmanship, for the shareholders for the club or his fellow directors. 
To balance that, I will say that Mark McMillan spoke well although, when asked about the number of Kibble employees were working at the club, I felt he was evasive when he answered "one". He is a politician, after all. The questioner was clearly trying to ascertain how many young people from Kibble (employees or young people in care) were working at the club and replacing St.Mirren staff e.g. ticket office, front desk etc. When asked a second time he maintained that "One Kibble employee works on secondment at the club"
When he was asked about what Kibble have done for the club he stated "delivered fan ownership". I disagree that Kibble delivered fan ownership although, again, I'll balance that by saying that he said Kibble are effectively doing some work at the training ground work free of charge and that is why that job didn't go to tender.
The tendering process for other contracts was brought up but was quickly dealt with, albeit in an unsatisfactory manner in my view. The conversation went along the lines of "Was there a tendering process in place"? "Yes". No further detail was offered.
This is about as much as I can remember but the overwhelming feedback from the shareholders about the Zoom format was damning and I would have been much happier if Stewart Gilmour's questions had been handled more efficiently.
Of course, Tony's retirement played a big part in the proceedings but, for me and other attendees, the current financial position was the real issue. I would have preferred a more thorough explanation, particularly as it was admitted that we are making a loss but, I guess the lack of detail was only to be expected.  Was this the reason that there were no auditors present, I wonder? 
Let me assure anyone who's reading this that absolutely none of my contacts who were in attendance (there were eight of us) were remotely impressed with the content or the manner of the presentation. There were pre-submitted questions that were simply not asked, mine among them, in spite of Lynsey McLean sending an e-mail asking for these questions. To quote one shareholder "This is no way to hold an AGM" - that comment, and other similar comments, were ignored.
Let's hope for a return to a fit for purpose AGM next year, an AGM where every director and auditor is present as per usual business practice and where everyone involved is available to reply to questions from the floor. This was not an example of how an AGM should occur.
Thanks for that comprehensive update.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, doakie said:

Seems to me the only real issue has been the losing money. Certainly a concern but are there likely to be many (or any) clubs in Scotland that haven't faced similar with the hangover from Covid restrictions? 

Great to hear the positives on what Kibble are doing at the club, already seen their impact has improved things at Ralston. 

As for views on the "demeanour" and approach to answering questions from certain attendees... Again, I'll take with a pinch of salt as I wasn't present and the agenda from the people commenting is well established. 

Edited by bazil85

26 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Again, I'll take with a pinch of salt as I wasn't present

You weren't present so you still take the information with a pinch of salt? Wow! There's a stunning lack of logic right there! If you ever had any credibility (doubtful, mind you) that's it blown out of the water now with that nonsensical, contradictory statement. 

It's patently obvious to me and my contacts on this forum that you are an attention seeker, someone who enjoys arguing black is white in a childish attempt to provoke others. My son used to do that when he was a child too but he grew out of it.

It's obvious who has an agenda and it's not those of us who are worried about the club at this time. Now, please, leave the adult conversations to the grown ups but, as is my norm, I'll leave you to have the last word that you so desperately crave.

You weren't present so you still take the information with a pinch of salt? Wow! There's a stunning lack of logic right there! If you ever had any credibility (doubtful, mind you) that's it blown out of the water now with that nonsensical, contradictory statement. 
It's patently obvious to me and my contacts on this forum that you are an attention seeker, someone who enjoys arguing black is white in a childish attempt to provoke others. My son used to do that when he was a child too but he grew out of it.
It's obvious who has an agenda and it's not those of us who are worried about the club at this time. Now, please, leave the adult conversations to the grown ups but, as is my norm, I'll leave you to have the last word that you so desperately crave.
Erm, it's not like me to back up factboy, but where is his lack of logic here? Absolutely ANY second hand information that you receive (especially info that backs up the source's agenda) should be taken with a pinch of salt until it is corroborated by unbiased sources (or, better still, sources with an opposing agenda).

Also, what has a person's demeanour have to do with their ability?

1 hour ago, doakie said:

I don’t believe you or Animal, or these other supposed people are credible witnesses. You have your own, very clear anti-Kibble/ SMISA agenda right now & I think that has possibly impacted the way you interpret certain things. 

Nonsense, you’re literally arguing the club I support is in tatters from the top down with practically zero evidence. Of course you’re going to cause arguments with such baseless claims. 

Be worried about the club, great. Back up the claims we are in serious trouble or accept ‘adult’ criticism for your moon howling. 👍

Edited by bazil85

I just read Animal moaning about someone answering a question. That's more than they've done after posting either false information or lies.
[mention=7490]animal[/mention] do you care to answer now, or just continue with you hypocrisy?
Why is@animal ignoring this. Think I'll fact check more of what he's posted.

I have no axe to grind on this issue.  However, it should be noted that:

There is now no statutory requirement for a private company to hold any general meetings, not even an AGM.  Only listed companies or companies or where the company articles require an AGM need do so.  You can even change the articles to remove the requirements with a simple resolution.

The accounts don't even need to be presented to shareholders in open forum - they just need to be posted to them.

Perhaps a request for SMISA to clarify the current articles be put to their AGM.  This may help to firm up the format for next year.  There is advice on GOV.UK on holding AGM's in the current panic-demic but they probably change as often as Shull changes his mind.

Hopefully this is the last time these measures will be permitted but SMISA need to get their act together.   Why SMISA members continue to vent their spleen on here instead of holding their office bearers to account beats me.  B&W Army can't force change only SMISA can go that, they are the major shareholder after all.

Why did they act as Kibble and not SMFC directors to report JN to the SFA and then speak to the press immediately after?

[mention=7490]animal[/mention] can you provide proof of the two directors reporting JN to the SFA?

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19670533.sfa-investigating-inappropriate-rangers-tweets-st-mirren-chairman-john-needham/

[mention=7490]animal[/mention] can you provide evidence that they spoke to the press

I read spokesperson in the media reports, after the media had contacted the Kibble for a quote.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I don’t believe you or Animal, or these other supposed people are credible witnesses. You have your own, very clear anti-Kibble/ SMISA agenda right now & I think that has possibly impacted the way you interpret certain things. 

Nonsense, you’re literally arguing the club I support is in tatters from the top down with practically zero evidence. Of course you’re going to cause arguments with such baseless claims. 

Be worried about the club, great. Back up the claims we are in serious trouble or accept ‘adult’ criticism for your moon howling. 👍

I've said many, many times before: don't believe me, don't believe any other poster - Ask a Smisa rep! Ask a director. But, no, you'd prefer to keep trying to score childish points on this forum. Grow up and go ask questions of the right people instead of casting aspersions on well meaning fans.

Be worried about the club, great. Back up the claims we are in serious trouble or accept ‘adult’ criticism for your moon howling. [emoji106]
How do you know he has "practically zero evidence"?
How much evidence of that do you have to justify accusing him of having an agenda?

Maybe he just cares!

2 hours ago, doakie said:

I've said many, many times before: don't believe me, don't believe any other poster - Ask a Smisa rep! Ask a director. But, no, you'd prefer to keep trying to score childish points on this forum. Grow up and go ask questions of the right people instead of casting aspersions on well meaning fans.

I don’t think this sort of baseless nonsense warrants that. 

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

How do you know he has "practically zero evidence"?
How much evidence of that do you have to justify accusing him of having an agenda?

Maybe he just cares!

He’s said as much. His views are from someone apparently in the know telling him. Have I missed a part where he’s claimed the views are anything more than that? I’m going on what has been posting. 

To be clear, I don’t believe any of this doomsday Derby County rubbish, not for a second.