Tony Fitzpatrick Retiral

Rascal

When i got the boot from my employer, i called it retirement as well   :rolleyes:

Regardless of my thought about him, i wish him well. 

Does that mean they will be no more bullshit of us being a top 3 club coming out of the club ?  :rolleyes:

Edited by Tommy

The following is a post made by Buttocks Brown on Pie and Bovril:

When TF was appointed as CEO, in January 2016, we were 8th in the Championship, Alex Rae had just been appointed manager and the old board were desperately trying to sell the club.....

He retires with us fan-owned and settled again in the top tier with our best league position since his playing days. Who would have believed that 6 years ago? Thank you Tony!

Source: https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/244335-the-st-mirren-fc-202122-thread/&do=findComment&comment=14985272

A great servant to the club and someone who always talks St.Mirren and the town up - even if it’s seen to be a bit over-exuberant at times. :) 

I wasn’t sure that Tony was the right CEO to take us forward but having him in an ambassador type role is a no brainer. 

Would be lovely to finish on a high with a top 6 finish. 

Let’s hope the club get a Brian Caldwell type back in the chair for a successor. That’s a discussion for another day though. 

The following is a post made by Buttocks Brown on Pie and Bovril:

When TF was appointed as CEO, in January 2016, we were 8th in the Championship, Alex Rae had just been appointed manager and the old board were desperately trying to sell the club.....

He retires with us fan-owned and settled again in the top tier with our best league position since his playing days. Who would have believed that 6 years ago? Thank you Tony!

Source: https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/244335-the-st-mirren-fc-202122-thread/&do=findComment&comment=14985272
But that's not true.
Certainly, on the field we are in a much healthier position...

but we are NOT "fan owned"; have lost or dismissed a lot of long term employees; and have a divided boardroom where the fan owned component is not able to make decisions without ratification by a non-fan based company.

He sold us a dud.

I'm relieved he will be moving to the ideal position for him. His skills are perfect for club ambassador.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Called it right 

You said we should replace him. He has decided to retire. You haven’t ‘called’ he’d make that decision. 

It’s a big loss for St Mirren, look at where we’ve moved from in the last five or so seasons. Flirting with league 1 football, to a single result off top 6 & our highest league finish since the 80s. 

And as said above, from a club that was begging to be sold for years to fan owned (five years ahead of schedule). His period will go down as a resounding success. 

Edited by bazil85

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

But that's not true.
Certainly, on the field we are in a much healthier position...

but we are NOT "fan owned"; have lost or dismissed a lot of long term employees; and have a divided boardroom where the fan owned component is not able to make decisions without ratification by a non-fan based company.

He sold us a dud.

I'm relieved he will be moving to the ideal position for him. His skills are perfect for club ambassador.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I think you will find it was Gordon Scott who sold everyone a Dud. And then pushed through the Kibble deal so he got his money back earlier.

Edited by Mr Optimistic

14 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

I think you will find it was Gordon Scott who sold everyone a Dud. And then pushed through the Kibble deal so he got his money back earlier.

It was actually the SMISA voting members that overwhelmingly approved this & there is nothing material to suggest it is a "dud" (don't let Animal and his fellow moon howlers distract you from that point) 

GLS did not push through the Kibble deal, it was presented to members. IMO it is quite disrespectful to those who voted, to question if they made their own informed choices on the deal. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It was actually the SMISA voting members that overwhelmingly approved this & there is nothing material to suggest it is a "dud" (don't let Animal and his fellow moon howlers distract you from that point) 

GLS did not push through the Kibble deal, it was presented to members. IMO it is quite disrespectful to those who voted, to question if they made their own informed choices on the deal. 

SMISA couldn't run a coffee morning never mind a football club so forgive me for thinking they are not capable of making informed choices.

17 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

SMISA couldn't run a coffee morning never mind a football club so forgive me for thinking they are not capable of making informed choices.

What's your basis for that? Since they have been directly involved with the club, we've went from nearly being relegated to League 1 football to our highest league finish since the 80s.

Done this while staying in the black every year until a pandemic closed down football then presented a season of empty stands. Seem to have done alright. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You said we should replace him. He has decided to retire. You haven’t ‘called’ he’d make that decision. 

It’s a big loss for St Mirren, look at where we’ve moved from in the last five or so seasons. Flirting with league 1 football, to a single result off top 6 & our highest league finish since the 80s. 

And as said above, from a club that was begging to be sold for years to fan owned (five years ahead of schedule). His period will go down as a resounding success. 

I said he should retired and BE replaced by a qualified  individual and that's what's happened. 

I have known Tony for 50 years and  he is a great guy , just time for a change for him and the club.

He will be a great ambassador  and he will enjoy that role with the pressure  off from the day to day running problems.

18 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

I said he should retired and BE replaced by a qualified  individual and that's what's happened. 

I have known Tony for 50 years and  he is a great guy , just time for a change for him and the club.

He will be a great ambassador  and he will enjoy that role with the pressure  off from the day to day running problems.

Strange stance to have given the facts around his time at the club. Would we want to move a manager on that has shown year on year progress while in charge?… Well we know some would but that’s another issue 😂

We’ll be hard pushed to get someone in that has been as successful as Tony. Massive loss for the club and a staggering view to want this to happen imo. 

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Strange stance to have given the facts around his time at the club. Would we want to move a manager on that has shown year on year progress while in charge?… Well we know some would but that’s another issue 😂

We’ll be hard pushed to get someone in that has been as successful as Tony. Massive loss for the club and a staggering view to want this to happen imo. 

I value Tony on every level. As a man, as a past manager, as a past captain, past player and as our CEO. He has contributed greatly and will do in a new role going forward. Time will tell if the incoming CEO can build on the shoulders of this club giant. I hope so and believe that Tony F would also want this to be the case.

Edited by Rascal