Tony Fitzpatrick Retiral

Rascal

Did Tony want to retire from being the CEO ?

Yes he is about to turn 66 and can get his gov pension, but i just can't believe he had walked away from the job voluntary.

Apart from playing the game, this is likely the best job he had ever had in his working life. 

43 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Did Tony want to retire from being the CEO ?

Yes he is about to turn 66 and can get his gov pension, but i just can't believe he had walked away from the job voluntary.

Apart from playing the game, this is likely the best job he had ever had in his working life. 

Hope you are wrong bud.

Edited by magnus

14 hours ago, Maboza said:

A great servant to the club and someone who always talks St.Mirren and the town up - even if it’s seen to be a bit over-exuberant at times. :) 

I wasn’t sure that Tony was the right CEO to take us forward but having him in an ambassador type role is a no brainer. 

Would be lovely to finish on a high with a top 6 finish. 

Let’s hope the club get a Brian Caldwell type back in the chair for a successor. That’s a discussion for another day though. 

You mean someone with sound business sense, great ideas and a strong will?

Absolutely no chance!

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

I said he should retired and BE replaced by a qualified  individual and that's what's happened. 

I have known Tony for 50 years and  he is a great guy , just time for a change for him and the club.

He will be a great ambassador  and he will enjoy that role with the pressure  off from the day to day running problems.

So who is the qualified individual?  I missed that.

To be honest, this actually doesn't change anything or mark a turning point.  Decision making from here on in will follow the same model as the last year or two, it will just be a different dupe in the CEO chair.  Possibly a more informed, kibble-sourced and tuned- in dupe, but a dupe non the less.  There is no chance of going back to the days of BC.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

To be honest, this actually doesn't change anything or mark a turning point.  Decision making from here on in will follow the same model as the last year or two, it will just be a different dupe in the CEO chair.  Possibly a more informed, kibble-sourced and tuned- in dupe, but a dupe non the less.  There is no chance of going back to the days of BC.

I hope you are wrong. For what it’s worth the board should be involved in setting the strategy and agreeing budgets which are then turned into an action plan by the CEO and their team with the agreement and support of the board.There are some good examples out there for us to follow. If the CEO is also a good front man then so much the better. 

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

GLS did not push through the Kibble deal, it was presented to members. IMO it is quite disrespectful to those who voted, to question if they made their own informed choices on the deal. 

As someone in the know, if GLS didn't push through the deal, why did he accept it.  Are fan ownership agreement with the Kibble still the same/similar  as with GLS and fans will have total control of club or has that changed and we're stuck with them.

Apologies if I've missed explanation or what agreement was reached. 

49 minutes ago, pod said:

As someone in the know, if GLS didn't push through the deal, why did he accept it.  Are fan ownership agreement with the Kibble still the same/similar  as with GLS and fans will have total control of club or has that changed and we're stuck with them.

Apologies if I've missed explanation or what agreement was reached. 

He didn’t push the deal through, he presented it to SMISA members to vote on. If we had voted no, nothing would have changed. 

Far as I can tell, there are very few differences bar a voting say on certain big decisions that’s seemingly been blown massively out of proportion. A great deal for St Mirren & Kibble alike I would say. 

Edited by bazil85

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

You mean someone with sound business sense, great ideas and a strong will?

Absolutely no chance!

In fairness - I mainly remember Brian Caldwell for appearing in the press talking about painting the away dressing room black and how it would have a psychological effect on Away teams. Lol.  

Always thought that if there was any merit in that, surely you don’t tell them about it in public. 😂

Pretty sure that was the season we got pumped nearly every week and relegated. 

In fairness - I mainly remember Brian Caldwell for appearing in the press talking about painting the away dressing room black and how it would have a psychological effect on Away teams. Lol.  

Always thought that if there was any merit in that, surely you don’t tell them about it in public. [emoji23]

Pretty sure that was the season we got pumped nearly every week and relegated. 
Without BC, we would never have had Teal and Thommo.

His experience, knowledge and contacts made those deals happen.

Not a bad legacy. No Teale and Thommo, probably no cup win!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Suggestion for SMISA

Now that TF is leaving, this is the ideal time to return to having a general manager/CE who knows and understands the club. A Brian Caldwell type if there is such an animal☺️

I suggest that SMISA and its nominated directors support this.

The current general manager who is not a St Mirren Football Club employee would not lose her job as she is already in paid employment. She would just return to her area of expertise.The club would not require take on an additional wage as TF is already paid by the club, so still only paying out one wage as is the situation now.
The benefit is that the club’s day to day management would be done by an employee whose first loyalty would be to his or her’s employer, the club, and not to an outside agency which is paying her salary from money it raises through grants from taxpayers.

I can’t think that even Baz will object to this. But Baz let’s hope we see more goals like Connor Ronan’s at Dens. See you there.

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Indeed. I only jest.  

BC was excellent and gets the credit for Teale. I think Thommo decided himself that he was coming to Saints and told his agent to get it done though. 

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Teale certainly, he is old mates with Caldwell.

Nothing to do with Thommo though. Thommo is a St Mirren fan who was on record long before Caldwell joined us saying that he planned to end his career at St Mirren. 

I nearly choked on my kit kat reading that. You can have the last [emoji867]ya plick.
Seeing as you'll be the expert on things like this, is there anywhere in Paisley at this time of day that does freshly made sugared ring donuts. The good lady has a craving.