Tony Fitzpatrick Retiral

Rascal

On 1/28/2022 at 5:40 PM, animal said:

Suggestion for SMISA

Now that TF is leaving, this is the ideal time to return to having a general manager/CE who knows and understands the club. A Brian Caldwell type if there is such an animal☺️

I suggest that SMISA and its nominated directors support this.

The current general manager who is not a St Mirren Football Club employee would not lose her job as she is already in paid employment. She would just return to her area of expertise.The club would not require take on an additional wage as TF is already paid by the club, so still only paying out one wage as is the situation now.
The benefit is that the club’s day to day management would be done by an employee whose first loyalty would be to his or her’s employer, the club, and not to an outside agency which is paying her salary from money it raises through grants from taxpayers.

I can’t think that even Baz will object to this. But Baz let’s hope we see more goals like Connor Ronan’s at Dens. See you there.

Not seeing anything to suggest this Kibble secondment is doing a poor job and deserves to lose her position. It is also nonsense to suggest that she may not do the best job just because a part owner of St Mirren pay her. If it is/ can be shown she isn't competent in her role, fine, the clubs should react. 

No point using TF's wage for a role we aren't needing to fund through the club budget. Having someone from the Kibble in that role as well could be very positive long-term as well in aligning the goals of the charity and the club. I would already say we are looking good in this respect over the first 7-8 months. 

19 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Sitting where we are in the league with a game in hand on a number of clubs might we top off Tony’s time with us by being in the Top 6 when he retires? Now that would be something. A lot to play for however.

Even better finish the season in it. Certainly got the squad to do it and now the confidence from the last 4 games must have rocketed. 

Favourite Tonyism of all time had to be his interview at Tannadice in 88 or 89 when we stuffed them 4-1 with Shaw, Chalmers and Walker scoring in second half. Anyway in addition to the team doing well, etc he came out with "the fans had a great game". Brilliant. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, shull said:

Looking forward to this.

From Facebook....

NEW SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT!

Our new show with St Mirren FC legend Tony Fitzpatrick will be on our YouTube channel from 5pm this Friday 18th February.

To ensure you don’t miss it please click the link below, subscribe free and hit the notification button.

#ChitChatJed #stmirren #legend #chat #newshow #excited #TuneInNow #paisley #lifestory #youtubers #football #nevergivein #nevergiveuponyourdreams #lifestories #humble

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gy1jpuw-nsE

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, HSS said:

Great Article HSS

Long live Tony. The very epitome of a man who approaches life head on but with a glass half full approach. Handled success and failure well professionally and an absolute example to anyone , I believe, on how to handle personal difficulties. A man for all seasons and a great man for many reasons.

Edited by Rascal

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, shull said:

If it was up to me, and it wasn't, I would have put Tony's photo on the front cover of the official Match Programme for tomorrow.

Yeah, agree with that. 

The club should have done alot more to mark Tony's retirement.  

Still, we all have our memories of his near 50 year involvement with St Mirren. 

Top man.

On 4/2/2022 at 9:05 AM, BuddieinEK said:

If a supporter of fan ownership with faith in the fans, why did he subscribe to, and promote the viewpoint that fans couldn't run the club and we needed the expertise of non fans in the form of the Kibble? 

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

He wasn't wrong in that assertion though, was he?   and it wasn;t the fans, it was SMISA-a somewhat connected and different group of people.  The very fact that the membership swallowed the line that going with Kibble would get them over the ownership line sooner shows how poor the decision making is.  What exactly are the benefits of getting majority shareholding (not fan ownershio in any way) sooner if the so-called fans can't call the shots?

Fans could operate the microwave in the kitchen never mind a premiership football team.

Pity they went for Kibble though, a CEO (not a chair, a CEO) should have been found from the business world and if we needed new structures in the club then someone with a good track recor in that area could have taken it on.