St Mirren v Motherwell SPFL PREMIERSHIP 1/2/22

shull

Games are coming thick and fast. One to look forward to. COYS

Maybe a bit too thick and fast for my household, after returning from 1/2 way to Dundee was planning the week ahead with the wife and explained the boy would not be at his running club on Tuesday - needless to say she wasn’t aware of the small matter of this match….

We’ll be there - I hope…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Games are coming thick and fast. One to look forward to. COYS
Think the Dundee postponement might be a bit of a blessing. Especially with us playing weekend and week day for the past few weeks. Chance for the players to have rest leading up to the Motherwell game. Might be some small injuries that with a rest would clear up. But it will be a tough game. Coys.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

We have lost fewer games than other than the top 3 but Motherwell have won more games. We seem to have become the draw kings of the SPL. A game as good as the one at Fir Park with a Saints Win would be good.

Loved that last game at Fir Park - still rave about that Liam Kelly double save, had it not been for him we were leaving with all 3 points!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, pondsman said:

Wonder which of our new signings we'll see tonight. Gogic and Jones coming on from the bench at some point?

I also wonder if the club are considering that with so many midweek games, young season ticket holders are mainly unable to attend, as well as adults who expected games to be on a Saturday afternoon ? My own grandson has been at 4 games and has seen 2 goals, no wins, with his season ticket. That’s just not good enough to encourage a first season novice from a Glasgow school, where I doubt many of his peers follow Saints, to want to return next year. The fact we have failed to sign a much needed goal scorer just adds icing to the cake. Poor show Saints.

9 minutes ago, munoz said:

A win tonight will put us just 4 points behind Motherwell with a game in hand. A massive incentive to try and grab all 3 pts.

Obviously we are now reaching the stage of the season where results will determine more clearly the final league positions.

Provided we win tonight, we could hope for the following outcomes elsewhere (assuming we want to finish in the top 6) :-

Dundee v Dundee United - home win

Hibs v Hearts - away win

Livi v St johnstone - away win

Ross County v Aberdeen - home win

6 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

I also wonder if the club are considering that with so many midweek games, young season ticket holders are mainly unable to attend, as well as adults who expected games to be on a Saturday afternoon ? My own grandson has been at 4 games and has seen 2 goals, no wins, with his season ticket. That’s just not good enough to encourage a first season novice from a Glasgow school, where I doubt many of his peers follow Saints, to want to return next year. The fact we have failed to sign a much needed goal scorer just adds icing to the cake. Poor show Saints.

Agreed I know there's not much the club can do about with the covid postponements so hopefully the results will chher us all up this week and next. I feel sorry for local hospitality that are missing/missed out on Saturday crowds. 

39 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Obviously we are now reaching the stage of the season where results will determine more clearly the final league positions.

Provided we win tonight, we could hope for the following outcomes elsewhere (assuming we want to finish in the top 6) :-

Hibs v Hearts - away win

Positive thinking. I like it. As long as we win. COYS

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Hibs v Hearts - away win

I hear you...but still want Dundee and Fakes stranded... home win us the rest can all draw

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Hibs v Hearts - away win

Is there a part of the season where results DON'T determine league places?