St Mirren v Motherwell SPFL PREMIERSHIP 1/2/22

shull

4 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

Their goal came off of our team completely backing off far too deep when the ball was in their half. Absolutely criminal, shot ourselves in the foot. 

We do it so often. WTF was Tait thinking. Just get rid of the f*cking thing. To be fair, it was a shite game that we didn't deserve to win. Even a draw was generous to us.

Just now, portmahomack saint said:

Told you no strikers on the park and he takes off our only attacking midfielder...  you'd get football stopped Jim..   Will he ever change his way same tactics cost us top 6 last year at Hamilton 

Wasn't down to that one game, the whole season tells a story, and the season, was reasonably successful.

Anyhow, a point is a point, disappointing ONLY because we sneaked a goal. 

3 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

We do it so often. WTF was Tait thinking. Just get rid of the f*cking thing. To be fair, it was a shite game that we didn't deserve to win. Even a draw was generous to us.

Don’t agree with that. Both teams were equally shite and both teams had spells of borderline mediocrity disguised as pressure.

A draw definitely the fair result. Only miracle is that the game produced 2 goals. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Don’t agree with that. Both teams were equally shite and both teams had spells of borderline mediocrity disguised as pressure.

A draw definitely the fair result. Only miracle is that the game produced 2 goals. 

I felt they should have had a penalty late on, and Tait should have had his marching orders earlier. They certainly mad Alnwick work more than we did to Kelly.

2 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

I felt they should have had a penalty late on, and Tait should have had his marching orders earlier. They certainly mad Alnwick work more than we did to Kelly.

I’d say Kelly made two saves that were better than anything Jak had to do.

But we’re like a couple of baldy men fighting over a comb here. Let’s just agree we were all sorts of honking as were Motherwell. The rest is semantics. 👍

3 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Our transfer window has been awful. Although Godiva scored tonight, he doesn’t look much of a player and the other signing was even worse. Never beat a man all night before being subbed to save his embarrassment. English third division reserve player and it showed tonight. 

Oh my. :lol:

Who was Lady Godiva? - HISTORY

Edited by faraway saint

Losing Brophy is a concern. He seems to get injured quite easily and can’t ever seem to get any momentum going on a run of games. A bit similar to when Dargo was here. 
it is certainly a worry looking ahead as we have absolutely nothing up front. I try to refrain from criticism of Erwin but he looked totally disinterested tonight. 

3 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

Losing Brophy is a concern. He seems to get injured quite easily and can’t ever seem to get any momentum going on a run of games. A bit similar to when Dargo was here. 
it is certainly a worry looking ahead as we have absolutely nothing up front. I try to refrain from criticism of Erwin but he looked totally disinterested tonight. 

Can you blame him :rolleyes: only striker on the bench,  only striker on the park gets injured and Jim brings on defensive midfielder... as much as he's been mince what does that do for your confidence,  why have him on the bench doesn't make sense 

Absolutely another honking game at home. But the way we lost 2 points was poor. What the f**k was Goody tactics all about. Midgets upfront and we punt high balls to them against 6ft + defenders. JJ you can understand was a bit rusty but he done OK. Gogic was excellent. Brophy injury is not what we needed. We'll need to get a striker on loan ASAP. But it's another point. If someone would have said We'll take 4 point from home games against Don's and Well we would have snapped their hand off. On to Hibs on Sat. Coys

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk