St Mirren v Motherwell SPFL PREMIERSHIP 1/2/22

shull

Would make sense to leave this section unuse
We did, it just wasn't policed ie stewards were powerless to stop their mob ripping the tape down and piling into it. As was stated above a tarpaulin over the seats in that section is a simple solution.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Tait could have done anything, apart from what he did do , and we would have won. Out for a corner , out for a throw , pulled his jersey and taken a booking , fallen on the ball , anything , apart from trying to waste time near the corner ...........................

45 minutes ago, billyg said:

Tait could have done anything, apart from what he did do , and we would have won. Out for a corner , out for a throw , pulled his jersey and taken a booking , fallen on the ball , anything , apart from trying to waste time near the corner ...........................

Think we should cut Tait some slack. Been a good signing and usually very solid. 

We didn't deserve 3 points for that performance and overall hardly deserved a point.

Good 20 mins spell from around 65 mins but other than that Motherwell were by far the better side and we can be glad with Watt gone they have no cutting edge either.

A very poor game. Tait's individual error cost us the 2 points but can't give him too much stick considering the performances he's put in for us previously. Looked at objectively, a draw was a fair result though you obviously feel gutted when we went into injury time in the lead.

Bigger problems. With Brophy injured, we don't have a reliable striker. Jones looks as if he'll need some games before we get anything decent from him. A number of players need to work on ball control. Earlier in the season I pointed out that they don't gather the ball when it's played up to them. They allow it to bounce off them, usually to an opposition player. This happened numerous times last night.

Unless performances improve quickly we are in for a nervy end to the season.

9 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

There's no way you could know that so why post it. If he need a scan it will be tomorrow. So your just guessing.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

I seen the way he went down and I seen the way the physio’s were signalling to the bench, he will be out for a while.

The Motherwell fans could have jumped the barriers of N2, N3, etc and attacked those in W7.
There was no "attack" the wee dickheads in W7 were just as keen to jump over and throw punches as the wee dickheads on the Well side. Much harder to actually confront each other with a physical barrier in between. Both sets of arseholes were equally culpable. The W7 guys have rightly earned praise for creating atmosphere but let's not play down their willingness to join in last night. They will quickly loose all favour gained if this gets repeated.

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It was an unpoliced game, a policy that needs looking at after tonight. Stewards were powerless to stop the Motherwell ned mob simply pulling down the tape and mobbing into the segregated zone. After that it just needed an incident to light the blue touch paper. Police should have been called the minute the buffer zone was breached about 5 mins BEFORE ko !

The game may have been “unpoliced” but see the Control Room in the picture……..it’s manned by guess who?Yep,you’ve got it,the police The question is why did they not call for back up when the Well fans stormed the closed section?

BAB9907E-2B36-49C8-AC31-62E307217F29.thumb.png.8e1b82b0316f32d88babec7b6a4c83a6.png

So few wee dickheads ran on the pitch side and we take the moral high ground. Letting off flares at Ayr. Fans ran on the pitch at Fir Park on the corresponding fixture. Could rhyme off more. We've no right to be so moralistic.

Absolutely both sides were equally to blame last night but the club did little to head it off once the segregation buffer was breached pre KO.

Absolutely both sides were equally to blame last night but the club did little to head it off once the segregation buffer was breached pre KO.

Absolutely bud. It could a perfect storm one of these days. Cost of police and clubs not wanting to pay for them could end up in someone being hurt of worse.

5 hours ago, billyg said:

Hindsight is a great thing comes to mind. 

On 2/2/2022 at 11:05 AM, santaponsasaint said:

And were did you train to be a physio emoji848.png

Look at the guys face when he walked off, he was near in tears and he knows it’s not a couple of weeks. The word i heard after the game was it was going to be 6-8 weeks, we will hear today and it will be a couple of months if the injury is what I got told it was.

Lets wait and see.