Fans behaviour

Cumbriansaint72

Worryingly now it would appear in england especially it seems there is an increasing element to chuck things on pitch, at players and not leaving out the good old social media idiots. It's as if over the last 2 years of being in lockdown, restrictions, etc some have forgotten what dare I say it decent behaviour is. Imo a lot of the problems down here are fuelled by the one thing you can't get at scottish grounds and thats alcohol. I'm not a 'demon drink person, far from it but if I go to a footy match I go to see the match not get hammered and act like a c**k.

15 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Worryingly now it would appear in england especially it seems there is an increasing element to chuck things on pitch, at players and not leaving out the good old social media idiots. It's as if over the last 2 years of being in lockdown, restrictions, etc some have forgotten what dare I say it decent behaviour is. Imo a lot of the problems down here are fuelled by the one thing you can't get at scottish grounds and thats alcohol. I'm not a 'demon drink person, far from it but if I go to a footy match I go to see the match not get hammered and act like a c**k.

Funny I remeber a debate on bringing alchohol back to football in Scotland on this forum and how it was all different these days, then Hibs vs Rangers happened at Hampden.  Imagine this with alchohol 

Totally agree on the throwing of objects onto pitches, its used to be empty bottles but now its full bottles. Just as well they are plastic ! Few players being hit by them not long till serious injury happens.

Lockdown, restrictions is just an excuse. They are just out and out scum.

Edited by lenziebud
change

21 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Funny I remeber a debate on bringing alchohol back to football in Scotland on this forum and how it was all different these days, then Hibs vs Rangers happened at Hampden.  Imagine this with alchohol 

Totally agree on the throwing of objects onto pitches, its used to be empty bottles but now its full bottles. Just as well they are plastic ! Few players being hit by them not long till serious injury happens.

Lockdown, restrictions is just an excuse. They are just out and out scum.

I agree with the scum part although the restrictions, etc haven't helped. I've even noticed it in the job that I do, some less reasonable actions which in respect a lot of which are down to respecting others i suppose. Booze fuelled, I can't imagine what it would have been like in addition to the riot you posted. Previously they would have put fences up but we all know how that ended up sadly.

10 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

There was a post on this forum from a Saint supporter who had taken his son to the Ayr United game and a flare almost hit his son, thrown by someone from our own support.

People acting like c*cks isn't just down to getting alcohol IN grounds as plenty are fuelled up by drink & drugs before the game.

There was a post on this forum from a Saint supporter who had taken his son to the Ayr United game and a flare almost hit his son, thrown by someone from our own support.
People acting like c*cks isn't just down to getting alcohol IN grounds as plenty are fuelled up by drink & drugs before the game.

The Saints Facebook page is full of W7ers defending and promoting the use of flares and smoke bombs.

They don't take kindly to being told that it is dangerous and against current regulations!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

The Saints Facebook page is full of W7ers defending and promoting the use of flares and smoke bombs.

They don't take kindly to being told that it is dangerous and against current regulations!

I did glance at a debate about this on the Facebook page but stopped reading after a post that went along the lines of.............

No ones ever died from pyrotechnics. :lol:

I love the noise and the colour that the young folks bring to W7 and to away games. Simply put though, flares are dangerous and are rightly banned. Not just that they can cost the club fines whether at home or away. Makes no sense to bring them to a match. 

Aye, flares are just a bit of fun................

A young boy was injured after 'several' flares were set off during a football match.

The nine-year-old needed hospital treatment after banned flares containing dangerous toxins were set off by AFC Telford United fans on Sunday.

Or this...................

As good at creating an atmosphere as flares can be, there is always going to be a risk that misuse of these party tricks can lead to serious damage. Pyros made for use at football games, often burn at 1600℃ (the melting point of steel). Incidents in foreign football matches in recent years involving flares have seen severe burn injuries and even death.

I love the noise and the colour that the young folks bring to W7 and to away games. Simply put though, flares are dangerous and are rightly banned. Not just that they can cost the club fines whether at home or away. Makes no sense to bring them to a match. 
When I mentioned the possibility of fines, I was accused of lying!

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

When I mentioned the possibility of fines, I was accused of lying!

At the Stenhousemuir Match some fans brought flares. One of the officials there told me directly that this would cost St Mirren £1000 in fines. It is a reality. An uncomfortable one for some. Do the club and other fans a favour and leave the flares away from games.