Hibernian v St Mirren Premiership 5/2/22

shull

Excellent tactics first half had Hibs on the back foot. We were so comfortable and with a bit more composure could have done them some damage. Maloney changed to match us up in the second half and they looked a lot better.

Greive was far better than I expected and chased everything. JJ isn't match sharp but showed what we could expect. All in all a good team performance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Today’s performance typifies how much more disciplined in our structure and sticking to a game plan since the break. It’s not always pretty but there seems to be a lot more understanding of what is expected in each of their roles, especially away from home. 
The lack of depth in the squad and striking options could catch up with us long term, I feel. Jones and Greive have given another dimension to the team and hopefully Greive gets on the scoresheet soon to help him build momentum as I think we may be depending on his contribution up front. 
Can’t complain, all told. But for an injury time error 10 from 12 is a good return against sides who are all above us 👍🏻

Great 3 points. Team worked hard played some good passing football. Which begs the question. Why don't we do it at home. At home we pump high balls up to midgets. Ronan took his goal well. Grieve worked his socks off. Jones had a good game. But I though Power was MOM. Big Joe had a great game as well. Coys.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Is anyone else coming to the conclusion that McGrath leaving has in no way weakened us? Quite the contrary IMO. Our remaining midfielders are stepping up to the plate now they are the focus. Just to add. I know he's just gone but he wasn't figuring so much recently and, when he was, he seemed out of sorts.

Edited by stlucifer

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

The sight of Maloney standing at the dugout near the end of the game, made me think he looked like a wee boy who has lost his mother in Tesco  :rolleyes:

As much as I dislike the Jambos I found this quite amusing…………..

Was great to get back to seeing the saints after a long covid induced absence. Was great to see some old faces and characters again. Felt a warm feeling and sense of belonging when we walked into Middletons pub on Easter Rd to see a packed corner of Saints fans. A win as a bonus too. My daughters boyfriend made his saints watching debut and has a 100% win record. Hope he'll go back and he keeps it.

7 minutes ago, john scott said:

Was great to get back to seeing the saints after a long covid induced absence. Was great to see some old faces and characters again. Felt a warm feeling and sense of belonging when we walked into Middletons pub on Easter Rd to see a packed corner of Saints fans. A win as a bonus too. My daughters boyfriend made his saints watching debut and has a 100% win record. Hope he'll go back and he keeps it.

Glad you enjoyed it. Noisy corner too! Good that the goal was scored at our end!

8 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

No sure if it was mentioned, A big shout out to Richard Tait for his tackle inside the 6 yard box saved what looked like a certain goal, brilliant timing  :happyclapper

Tait’s defending was excellent on Saturday, despite me calling him out as a liability at the start of the game.

I still think that with the ball he is a bit of a bomb scare, but you really can’t knock his timing and positioning when he’s defending. 
I just wish he could remove the brain fart moments from his game.

Big Joe was guilty of that a year or two ago, but he really seems to have sorted that out.

I suppose it comes with the territory of being a defender where your errors are magnified more that any other position (other than GK obvs), but it happens just a wee bit too often with Tait for my liking.