Highway Code Changes

faraway saint

25 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Slightly off topic, but due to the magnitude of arseholery displayed by some piece of refuse this morning.................

I had just turned onto Johnstone High Street from Laighcartside Street after popping in to Lidl, when I noticed a black BMW horsing it along the High street behind me. He must have been doing 50 mph easily. I got to the car wash half way up Thorn Brae, where there was a short queue of cars, as a bus had stopped across from the station and slowed to s stop. Said Arsehole showed no signs of slowing and instead, veered onto the other side of the road and proceeded to drive all the way up to the Silver Tassie at the same speed. There was a woman directly in his path, who if she hadn't slowed down to a stop, would have faced a head on collision. The Arsehole turned up Overton Road, never to be seen again. As I drove by the women who had stopped, she looked completely stunned.

Mad smiley 233

Must be a sellafield worker away for the weekend. Thats the standard of driving I have to put up with daily.

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

See similar things more and more.

Indeed.

Another arsehole cut me up yesterday outside The Abbey Bar, where the inside lane is now left turn only and the outside lane is for straight on. I could see the arsehole in my wing mirror, sneaking up the inside lane to avoid waiting in the queue. Didn't even bother indicating. He just pulled across me as the traffic lights changed and I started to move off. I've developed a sixthe sense for cuntery on the road, so was expecting it TBH.

I actually thought with the current fuel prices that we would see a reduction in speed by these nutters.
If anything it’s getting worse.

Today on the A737 I watched a transit driving at 70mph 3 feet behind a McGills bus. The McGills bus was haring along on the outside lane and just pulled in and off the Linwood exit.

Had either made a poor decision it would have been carnage. 

Last night on the M8 in the average speed restrictions from Braehead to Clyde Tunnel section I witnessed idiots accelerating, undertaking, overtaking and then braking near the next set of cameras. Oops. Some fines will be dished out for those eejits. It even has clear signs warning “average speed cameras”.

Indeed.
Another arsehole cut me up yesterday outside The Abbey Bar, where the inside lane is now left turn only and the outside lane is for straight on. I could see the arsehole in my wing mirror, sneaking up the inside lane to avoid waiting in the queue. Didn't even bother indicating. He just pulled across me as the traffic lights changed and I started to move off. I've developed a sixthe sense for cuntery on the road, so was expecting it TBH.
I take it you mean the Abbey Hotel.