Raith Lose Major Sponsor…………

HSS

Also worth noting that Josh Jack , Jay Henderson and Lewis Jamieson have all been loaned to Clyde at one time or another and played alongside Goodwillie. Goodwillie has also been in the SPFL team of the week , when he scored a few in one game v Stranraer,  and there was nothing from us about not allowing our players to go there and play. 

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

Maybe it's just that the Clyde fans were willing to accept him and the Raith fans aren't. I would think that there would be a similar response at most clubs, makes you wonder why there wasn't at Clyde.

Maybe both of the Clyde fans had a chat over a pint, came to an agreement and decided to give it a go?

55 minutes ago, Hendo said:

That is just total bollocks.

No it's not, it's fairness

I know John Taylor, a long standing director of clyde and have chatted with him several times over the years, I also met Danny lennon at hospitality, fan events and on a tour of the conference facilities.  Both are nice people and i would guess they would only give someone a second chance like this if they felt they understood the individual and how things would work out.  Doen't make their decision right or wrong but they at least had some insight into how Goodwillie behaves and presents himself since his return to professional football.  I really don't and unless you can offer some examples of personal interaction with Goodwillie I dont think you have that insight either.

I dont believe in their decsision but I believe they made their minds up with all of the facts considered.  The fact that Goodwillie's time at Clyde eventually became relatively event free suggests that they handled things well

7 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

No it's not, it's fairness

I know John Taylor, a long standing director of clyde and have chatted with him several times over the years, I also met Danny lennon at hospitality, fan events and on a tour of the conference facilities.  Both are nice people and i would guess they would only give someone a second chance like this if they felt they understood the individual and how things would work out.  Doen't make their decision right or wrong but they at least had some insight into how Goodwillie behaves and presents himself since his return to professional football.  I really don't and unless you can offer some examples of personal interaction with Goodwillie I dont think you have that insight either.

I dont believe in their decsision but I believe they made their minds up with all of the facts considered.  The fact that Goodwillie's time at Clyde eventually became relatively event free suggests that they handled things well

I think it is much more black and white than that - he is not some kid who got involved in low level criminality, he is a rapist. Would you be happy if he rocked up at Greenhill Road?

14 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think it is much more black and white than that - he is not some kid who got involved in low level criminality, he is a rapist. Would you be happy if he rocked up at Greenhill Road?

He's trying to get on with his life. Theres got to be a stage where is is allowed to move on.

Ostracising criminals for the rest of their life doesn't create a healthy society. Might be something to do with the reason Scotland has one of the highest criminal re-offending rates in Europe.

7 minutes ago, Slarti said:
16 minutes ago, Hendo said:

And you can prove that? The police couldn't.

Nothing to do with the police,down to the Procurator Fiscal

Just now, LargsBud said:

He's trying to get on with his life. Theres got to be a stage where is is allowed to move on.

Ostracising criminals for the rest of their life doesn't create a healthy society. Might be something to do with the reason Scotland has one of the highest criminal re-offending rates in Europe.

He has got to admit his guilt before he can move on,something he’ll never do 

10 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

What if he's not guilty. Like he's always said

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

What if he's not guilty. Like he's always said

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

He has been found guilty in a Civil Court

Just to point out this did happen when he went to Clyde, news headlines, sponsors leaving, fan walkouts etc. Clyde just had less to lose so they hunkered down and waited for the flack to die down, which it did. RR however have a whole lot more to lose.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

The PF didn't prosecute because the police couldn't provide enough evidence. A civil case is basically a he said/she said situation.
Exactly... A Civil Court ruling is based on the balance of probabilities.... That is far from proving something. It is a judgement call.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Exactly... A Civil Court ruling is based on the balance of probabilities.... That is far from proving something. It is a judgement call.

It's actually worse than that, it's more of a popularity contest. Whoever the judge/jury find more convincing. I doubt any of them (judge/jury) would know how to apply probability or likelihood to any of the evidence presented. They just use their "common sense", which is just another way of saying "opinion", to determine who they believe more, and it's usually the more articulate side.

Just be clear, I'm not saying he isn't guilty, just that I don't know and neither will anyone outside of those involved.

If innocent why did he try three times to settle out of court?

He had three convictions for assault and this case was hanging over him when Aberdeen signed him.

No outcry from fans then.

It's actually worse than that, it's more of a popularity contest. Whoever the judge/jury find more convincing. I doubt any of them (judge/jury) would know how to apply probability or likelihood to any of the evidence presented. They just use their "common sense", which is just another way of saying "opinion", to determine who they believe more, and it's usually the more articulate side.

Just be clear, I'm not saying he isn't guilty, just that I don't know and neither will anyone outside of those involved.
Indeed...

From a law firm's website...

Criminal Court – Of the two cases, criminal cases have the highest burden of proof or standard of guilt. Because a conviction can result in serious penalties and jail time, the jury has to know the defendant is guilty “beyond reasonable doubt.”

Civil Court – Civil cases have a much lower standard of guilt and only requires the plaintiff to prove the defendant acted negligently with a 51 percent degree of certainty.

Like you, I have no idea if he is guilty or not. He has always protested his innocence, hence no apology.

I'm neither going to defend or attack him as I have no proof either way.

This kind of case, I believe, should be a criminal prosecution.

If someone is going to be publicly referred to as a rapist, there surely has to be evidence to back that up?