Jump to content

Raith Lose Major Sponsor…………


HSS
 Share

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

We're was all the complaints when he played for Clyde the last 4/5 years. Surety the guy is allowed to make a living. If he's guilty then I understand. Seems like a lot of hypocrisy going round d. Wasn't there a Clyde women team before he signed for Raith

100% this Gary.

Utter hypocrisy. Where have these snowflakes been hiding for the last 5 years ?

Goodwillie may be a complete prick or maybe he's just a normal guy, I don't know. He may have sexually assaulted this woman, or (as he has always maintained) he may have had consensual sex with her. Only those involved know the answer to this. What is certain is that Goodwillie has never been found guilty of any criminality in a court of law, only in a civil case which requires only a probability of guilt. So what has changed since Goodwillie last wore a Clyde shirt to stir up this hornet's nest ?

I worry that these recent events are sure to have taken a considerable toll on David Goodwillie's mental health. Have any of these new-found, holier-than-thou snowflakes given his mental welfare a single thought during their crusade for vengeance ?

Let's hope common sense will prevail. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Wilbur said:

100% this Gary.

Utter hypocrisy. Where have these snowflakes been hiding for the last 5 years ?

Goodwillie may be a complete prick or maybe he's just a normal guy, I don't know. He may have sexually assaulted this woman, or (as he has always maintained) he may have had consensual sex with her. Only those involved know the answer to this. What is certain is that Goodwillie has never been found guilty of any criminality in a court of law, only in a civil case which requires only a probability of guilt. So what has changed since Goodwillie last wore a Clyde shirt to stir up this hornet's nest ?

I worry that these recent events are sure to have taken a considerable toll on David Goodwillie's mental health. Have any of these new-found, holier-than-thou snowflakes given his mental welfare a single thought during their crusade for vengeance ?

Let's hope common sense will prevail. 

This shows that social media now has too much power compared to 5 years ago.  Someone's opinion can lead to you being "cancelled".

One wrong comment at the wrong time and your life can be ruined by anonymous faces hiding behind social media.

I can't think of a single justification from Clyde on this.  Surely if he has a threat to anyone he wouldn't have been made captain and contracts renewed. 

I hope he goes on to raise a few court cases against folk that are denying him a living.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

This shows that social media now has too much power compared to 5 years ago.  Someone's opinion can lead to you being "cancelled".

One wrong comment at the wrong time and your life can be ruined by anonymous faces hiding behind social media.

I can't think of a single justification from Clyde on this.  Surely if he has a threat to anyone he wouldn't have been made captain and contracts renewed. 

I hope he goes on to raise a few court cases against folk that are denying him a living.

 

Maybe if you read the link offered above by High Street Saint, then you’d see the justification.

when Goodwillie was signed by Clyde, their landlord was a leisure company.  Now it’s the Council and a Council has community responsibilities.   So due to those responsibilities, the Council feels it would be remiss of them to ignore the fact that Goodwillie has never shown any sign of contrition over what happened.

 

The local authority have cited a clause in the tenancy where a person can be denied entry "on the grounds of undesirable behaviour".

In a statement, they added: "The council believes in rehabilitation... however, Mr Goodwillie has not expressed any contrition. 
 

There’s a simple possibility that Goodwillie COULD say he was sorry and then it might all go away.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't help but agree with the sentiments of Wilbur, exiledfan and others, re, the absolute mock disgust shown toward a person just because one high profile fan speaks out against his transfer. It's not just a gender thing. My missus also thinks this witch hunt is a step too far. I don't know if Goodwillie did what he was accused of but, if he didn't, then why is it that the papers keep harping on about him not showing remorse? He could only be remorseful IF he did do it. It should also be remembered that there wasn't enough evidence in a court which assumes innocence until proven otherwise. The "guilty" verdict was the opinion of a judge in a civil suit. This man has been proclaimed persona non grata due to media hype. The council and the women's team were happy enough to have him plying his trade prior to his fated move to a club with a famous female author as a sponsor. Hypocrisy at the very least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That, as has been suggested many times, would suggest guilt, which Goodwillie has always denied. 

The court found him guilty but in a civil case the evidence level required is, as I understand it, technically based on proving the probability whereas a criminal case has a higher evidence requirement. required to prove the allegation beyond all reasonable doubt. No criminal case has taken place and therefore no criminal conviction.


I certainly don’t know anything that isn’t in the public domain but it seems to me that however detestable the act of rape might be, which it is, he is entitled to deny it. A catch 22. Dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn’t.

Why now seems to be what is being debated. His move to Raith certainly opened a box full of unintended consequences for all concerned. Might the furore have been anticipated? Perhaps RR directors might have thought of potential reaction from its high profile fans and sponsors. 
 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rascal said:

The court found him guilty but in a civil case the evidence level required is, as I understand it, technically based on proving the probability whereas a criminal case has a higher evidence requirement. required to prove the allegation beyond all reasonable doubt. No criminal case has taken place and therefore no criminal conviction.


I certainly don’t know anything that isn’t in the public domain but it seems to me that however detestable the act of rape might be, which it is, he is entitled to deny it. A catch 22. Dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn’t.

Why now seems to be what is being debated. His move to Raith certainly opened a box full of unintended consequences for all concerned. Might the furore have been anticipated? Perhaps RR directors might have thought of potential reaction from its high profile fans and sponsors
 

 

 

Kinda wondering where that reaction was 5 years back when he signed for Clyde. Where was McDermid then ? We also have a First Minister joining in. Not quite getting Clyde Womens team either, a few months back there was no issue now they are all quitting. 

The council are also effectively saying that if he doesn't admit to it then he's not allowed into Broadwood as well as holding the same gun to the head of Clyde FC. 

The whole hypocrisy of this actually undermines the actual offence of rape in itself.

Edited by lenziebud
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Kinda wondering where that reaction was 5 years back when he signed for Clyde. Where was McDermid then ? We also have a First Minister joining in. Not quite getting Clyde Womens team either, a few months back there was no issue now they are all quitting. 

The council are also effectively saying that if he doesn't admit to it then he's not allowed into Broadwood as well as holding the same gun to the head of Clyde FC. 

The whole hypocrisy of this actually undermines the actual offence of rape in itself.

LB. As I recall. there was a strong reaction but nothing on the scale of the recent happenings. More than a few things have contributed IMO.
 

The author is of course entitled to her opinion as is Gordon Brown and the involvement of both made the news story bigger news than 5 year’s ago. There are local elections in May and to add a further dash there has been the Me Too movement and Gender Issues in the spotlight as well as violence against women. Rape remains a detestable act. It was before. It is now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

That, as has been suggested many times, would suggest guilt, which Goodwillie has always denied. 

The media and social media would then start saying "Goodwillie who admitted rape" and reaction would be the same.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

The media and social media would then start saying "Goodwillie who admitted rape" and reaction would be the same.

 

You wonder what the reaction in the media would have been if Tony Macaroni pulled out of sponsoring Livingston as a "convicted" drug dealer was appointed manager.

Im guessing it would be outrage that Martindale has served his time and rehabilitated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, antrin said:

Shoddy example to pick for comparison.  Martindale served his time and accepted responsibility.

below….  he speaks of actions and consequences.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/livi-fc-manager-david-martindale-25212052

 

What part don't you understand that Godwillie has always denied he was guilty so how could/should he "accept responsibility"? :wacko:

Would you admit guilt if you didn't commit a crime? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What part don't you understand that Godwillie has always denied he was guilty so how could/should he "accept responsibility"? :wacko:
Would you admit guilt if you didn't commit a crime? 
I can't believe I'm about to say this... I agree with faraway Saint!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2022 at 9:50 AM, faraway saint said:

What part don't you understand that Godwillie has always denied he was guilty so how could/should he "accept responsibility"? :wacko:

Would you admit guilt if you didn't commit a crime? 

Another question could be……………….

Would you admit guilt if you did commit a crime?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...